• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

All this arguing but the guys only played one game this season and had a 6/10 game overall.

How about we just see how the season pans out? He’s improved every season he’s been here. All this debating could turn out to be crying over spilt milk.

I think 6/10 is fair mate. The issue is, and it has been for been for the best part of 3 years now, is that when he has an average game people are on here making out that he was brilliant or he was the best player on the team.

It's not even about Xhaka anymore, it's about people's rediculous opinions that they attempt to dress up as facts. That's what's really getting everyone's backs up.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Now a serious question, what would someone from Bangladesh, India and South Africa know about football? Do you even have football there?

One thing I know, Bangladesh has a very funny name, congrats.
:lol: Wouldn’t like to be you when@Mark Tobias reads this racist sh!te.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Xhaka has a good leap and header on him. We should have someone else do the corner duties and have him attack the corners. He created a good chance by a knockon last match and I remember him scoring headed goals for Gladbach. Its a shame that we've been missing out on them. Anyway his corners aren't so great that we'll miss them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Now a serious question, what would someone from Bangladesh, India and South Africa know about football? Do you even have football there?

No no footballers in South Africa we've only had Steven Pienaar, Gary Bailey, Lucas Radebe, Shaun Bartlett, Mark Fish, Kagisho Dikgacoi, Quintin Fortune, Mbulelo Mabizela, Benni McCarthy, Phil Masinga, Aaron Makoena, Matty Pattison, Tokelo rantkie and Erik Tinkler play in England. Nope, no football here at all.. Bafana Bafana didn't actually win the African Cup of Nations in 1996, it was all a lie.

Please keep posting so everyone can see how truly ignorant you are!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Arteta might have been the most underrated player in Arsenal history. Such a consistently good player that fans use to hate on for some reason, made me upset seeing so many had no clue about a brilliant footballer.
West Brom away, never forget.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No no footballers in South Africa we've only had Steven Pienaar, Gary Bailey, Lucas Radebe, Shaun Bartlett, Mark Fish, Kagisho Dikgacoi, Quintin Fortune, Mbulelo Mabizela, Benni McCarthy, Phil Masinga, Aaron Makoena, Matty Pattison, Tokelo rantkie and Erik Tinkler play in England. Nope, no football here at all.. Bafana Bafana didn't actually win the African Cup of Nations in 1996, it was all a lie.

Please keep posting so everyone can see how truly ignorant you are!
I only know Pienaar, and that's because he played for Ajax. :facepalm:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
:lol: Wouldn’t like to be you when@Mark Tobias reads this racist sh!te.
Trax, you should see the racist crap we put up with here in Africa. The world honestly has no idea of the depths one can dive to in the absolute sh!thole abyss that is racism... @Erlis is, as per usual, resorting to anything BUT the facts to try and showcase himself as a voice of reason. The irony being that every post he makes verifies the fact that he is the worst poster on here and has absolutely no ability to back up his irrational statements.

I have no problem with people who admire certain players but at the very least be honest about their performances. I was a huge Özil fan but I will not defend him until he showcases the talent that made me admire him so much. None of us are immune to bias, it is a natural human phenomenon. Knowing where to limit your own bias is a key perspective of life though..

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I only know Pienaar, and that's because he played for Ajax. :facepalm:
You don't know of Lucas Radebe? He has legend status at Leeds. People named their kids after him.
Gary Bailey played for United. The reason my mother pretends to be a fan of them is him. In fact my uncle was in the same trials with Gary while the united scouts were there. They chatted to him but advised him to work on certain aspects of the game before he could consider being a pro. He went to the army shortly after and the career he had envisioned fell apart. Although he admits himself Bailey was the better keeper of the two.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
You don't know of Lucas Radebe? He has legend status at Leeds. People named their kids after him.
Gary Bailey played for United. The reason my mother pretends to be a fan of them is him. In fact my uncle was in the same trials with Gary while the united scouts were there. They chatted to him but advised him to work on certain aspects of the game before he could consider being a pro. He went to the army shortly after and the career he had envisioned fell apart. Although he admits himself Bailey was the better keeper of the two.

Radebe was class. Rock solid during a generation that was packed with top defenders.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Radebe was class. Rock solid during a generation that was packed with top defenders.
Also a top class person. Massively respected here in SA.
But I've made the mistake of polluting a thread again with things far too south on the globe for some. I apologise.

Hoping Xhaka gives an Erlis worthy performance this weekend.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Coming from a guy from Albania. :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Coming from a guy from Albania. :lol:
Honestly can't see the humour in any of this. Doesn't really matter where you are from. You could be from Keplar 22B and still understand football. No idea why the amount of football in your homeland should make a difference in that. 40 years ago Japan never played Rugby.. look at them now. They Beat South Africa convincingly the last world cup... admittedly most did but still that was huge.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arteta might have been the most underrated player in Arsenal history. Such a consistently good player that fans use to hate on for some reason, made me upset seeing so many had no clue about a brilliant footballer.
I wasn’t on this forum all the way back then but if I remember correctly he was rated highly by Arsenal fans. There was a point where he was the most important player in our squad and without him we struggled to control the game.

Towards the end of his Arsenal career he became very error prone and people turned on him. Only the idiots will forget how he played for us in his peak years.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I wasn’t on this forum all the way back then but if I remember correctly he was rated highly by Arsenal fans. There was a point where he was the most important player in our squad and without him we struggled to control the game.

Towards the end of his Arsenal career he became very error prone and people turned on him. Only the idiots will forget how he played for us in his peak years.

I don't think he even became error prone, his legs were just gone. He couldn't keep up, anyone with even a little bit of pace would leave him and Mertesacker int he dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom