• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

Mouth breathing losers who lives vicariously through sports, pathetic :lol: :lol:
Proof?
Ten thoughts...

1. Fans are right to be unhappy when we throw away a 2-0 lead.
  2. Perhaps their unhappiness shouldn't have been expressed by booing, but how else at this club do fans make their feelings known?
  3. I keep thinking that what we saw was raw emotion and in a way real-time politics.
  4. There's no way for the club to send out a pre-prepared response to a fan letter or press release in a situation like that. Management and coaching staff see it, shareholders see it, sponsors see it, the press sees it, other clubs see it, and other players see it.
  5. To me it speaks to a broader ambition amongst the fans from the club - we want more.
  6. He is the captain which means two things: 1) he should have some level of respect (both ways, I'll come to that in a second) and 2) at least 30 per cent of what happens on the field in those 90 minutes is his responsibility. (the other 70 per cent being shared between him, the manager, the board and shareholders, the other players, and the fans).
  7. In relation to respect, that was a really poor reaction from him when coming off. Not a good look. His reaction says to me there's a real mental weakness there - a captain should rise above, perhaps even fire up the 10 players left on the field plus sub by clapping, shouting and encouraging them to get the 3 points.
  8. Having said that, should you ever boo your captain? Hard to say, but it does make me wonder...
  9. ...why on earth you would let people pick the most popular person at the club via a players vote to be your captain and leader. Thatcher (politics) and Keane (football) always struck me as being real ****s, but real leaders too. If you're a leader, are you happy to be both a popular leader and an unpopular one?
  10. Seems to me that we are potentially at a crossroads as a club: short term in terms of the season, and long term in terms of how we handle player/club/fan relationships. Might be nothing, but could also be something.
I'd just add to this (or maybe it's an aside - not sure) why do we want, need, or have five captains?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's done here as far as I am concerned. You could perhaps get away with this if you were a brilliant player that bled for the club, but he is not in the category.

Could you see Frank McLintock or Tony Adams doing this?

Not fit to the wear the shirt, never mind the armband.

OSBK

Established Member
I do think emery chucked xhaka under the bus however xhaka then decided to throw himself under another bus.

Was the booing justified, yes as xhaka was not acting as a captain of arsenal and put his childish antics in front of the team. Had the old guard been on the pitch the wouldve thrown him off pitch literally. His antics were disgusting.

This was good in a way, it has ended xhaka career here but it has also extended emerys so kinda crap really.

OSBK

Established Member
That's football fans. Regardless if it's Arsenal or some other club. Overall I think our fan base is good and classy, but that we are still a London football club.

Reading this thread I get the feeling many actually don't go to football games.

Exactly, newcastle fans punch horses and they get praised. We lend xhaka the train fair to everton and we are the bad guys

Pepes blue pill

Angry with the whole squad, they are the ones who voted this dude as captain, voted for their mate ffs, friends gotta be honest with each other, I wouldnt vote for my best friend if he was as useless as xhaka

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Dont like fans booing our own players if I'm honest. Very ugly. He wasnt even playing that bad.

Didn't like his reaction either. His complete lack of composure is a blot against any leadership qualities he is purported to have. Even Gallas wouldnt have reacted like that (or maybe he would, dunno).

That said, the man at fault is Emery. Terrible optics and man management from him to sub him the way he did and throw him to the wolves.

Nobody comes out of this looking good at all.

Pepes blue pill

Dont like fans booing our own players if I'm honest. Very ugly. He wasnt even playing that bad.

Didn't like his reaction either. His complete lack of composure is a blot against any leadership qualities he is purported to have. Even Gallas wouldnt have reacted like that (or maybe he would, dunno).

That said, the man at fault is Emery. Terrible optics and man management from him to sub him the way he did and throw him to the wolves.

Nobody comes out of this looking good at all.

I agree with this and even tho I got carried away watching the game on my laptop it didnt take me long to feel uncomfortable, however xhaka is the one player I cant see sorry for, reminds me of lovren, makes mistake after mistake but still mouths of insteading of taking the blame

roz

Fake News Merchant
in all seriousness its pretty shocking (if true) about the reports of people throwing stuff at his car. Shouldn't be happening.

Man it feels so bad again, where has the joy gone!

m-due

As a captain and a leader of the team, keeping cool is essential especially when your own fans are booing you. Hurling abuse at a player is also uncalled for.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Why are we surprised i remember when some so called fans booed Eboue and i thought that was utter nonsense. We have some very entitled fans who believe because they pay high ticket prices and buy jerseys they can abuse players. It doesn't correlate. Take out your frustration on the executive, management, coaching but not on the players. It is in fact counter productive.
Things were taken out on Wenger. He left. Things are worse. The AGM's have been aggressive and the board hasn't listened since Stan got here. We can go at Emery but Xhaka is a means to an end. The fans will believe than if one goes so does the other and that's potentially the opposite of counter productive.

Reactions: roz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom