• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Honestly, if we're gonna play Xhaka, play him high up field. He's not very mobile, and won't be much of a threat in the box, but he will be more likely to have some long shots, and he won't be that much of a liability defensively. We won't have the high pressing attacking midfielder that Emery likes, but that's a trade off I'm willing to try out, if we are gonna persist with playing Xhaka in the team. Besides, I think Xhaka is best suited to a central midfield three, and Laca should be a false nine, so Laca would do the pressing part that an attacking midfielder would do, in the setup I would have had Xhaka in.

I reckon this could be something we could try out:

Up-the-Arse.png

Now, in this tactic Xhaka would still have to defend, but I would have him in a more attacking role, like a box to box kind of player with less defensive responsibility, who's long shots would be the threat and not the runs into the box, kind of like Lampard, with Guendouzi the other box to box midfielder, with more defensive responsibility.

But also, I do believe that Torreira could become a great box to box midfielder, since he's very good at getting into the box when used in a more attacking role. The problem with using Torreira as a box to box midfielder is that we have no one better to play in the defensive midfield role. Maybe David Luiz ;)

You think moving Xhaka 20 yards up the pitch in same team, in the same formation will make him into a player for us. Come on now :rofl:

I barely trust him in Eurpoa or FA games, but meh if he's going to play him again I guess it's worth a try.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I think honestly all our midfield options would do better in Xhaka’s role at this point. And it will show tomorrow.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
That's great, but we need footballing qualities. I think he's more detrimental to the team than beneficial.
The difference is that Cazorla was a likeable character from day one. He also had good technique and showed enough ability throughout enough games to be considered a good player. He also led by example on th ed pitch. Xhaka has had none of those luxuries or been able to earn them.

Ewarwoowar

I don’t get when this forum turned into so many racism and homphobic accusations. Most of the time people don’t even care they just want something to use against you. This place has become so juvenile.

Mods must be sick of it now, this forum has snitches that can’t fight their own battles.

Lol, mate dial it back a bit, I did not report anybody, did not single anybody out, have not been vitriolic, been calm and composed.

I fancy myself as being able to hold my own should I want to get into anything so that not a fair assumption either.

Yes I am a little sensitive(maybe a little too) in this area because at one point it was my career both employed and volunteer.

I will tell also you that very recently a close relative of mine had an accusation levelled at him for exactly that, which despite the fact a cursory glance at the background of this 14 year old girl being a repeat offender for crying wolf for such things it got pursued by relevant authorities anyways. took 18 months for the truth of the matter to be acknowledged and for her lies to unravel, meanwhile it caused division in his job, in his parents street that they lived in for quite few years, he had to move out of his misses house, was only allowed to visit his son infrequently under supervision, which ended up leading to a permanent split.

This is still raw, still pretty current he gets called ***** and pedo despite it being bullshit, but to him it's no joke. This girl throughout had anonymity whilst they(her and her mother) went on facebook and shouted it out to the world with no repercussions, just loving the drama.

Since #metoo and all the sexual enquiries of recent times this has seen an explosion of false allegation, lots of lives being destroyed on both sides of the fence, it's no joke.

I shan't raise the issue again, I just wanted to put that out there, it's easy to be detached and lack empathy when you've no experience of it, fill your boots.

Pepes blue pill

Lol, mate dial it back a bit, I did not report anybody, did not single anybody out, have not been vitriolic, been calm and composed.

I fancy myself as being able to hold my own should I want to get into anything so that not a fair assumption either.

Yes I am a little sensitive(maybe a little too) in this area because at one point it was my career both employed and volunteer.

I will tell also you that very recently a close relative of mine had an accusation levelled at him for exactly that, which despite the fact a cursory glance at the background of this 14 year old girl being a repeat offender for crying wolf for such things it got pursued by relevant authorities anyways. took 18 months for the truth of the matter to be acknowledged and for her lies to unravel, meanwhile it caused division in his job, in his parents street that they lived in for quite few years, he had to move out of his misses house, was only allowed to visit his son infrequently under supervision, which ended up leading to a permanent split.

This is still raw, still pretty current he gets called ***** and pedo despite it being bullshit, but to him it's no joke. This girl throughout had anonymity whilst they(her and her mother) went on facebook and shouted it out to the world with no repercussions, just loving the drama.

Since #metoo and all the sexual enquiries of recent times this has seen an explosion of false allegation, lots of lives being destroyed on both sides of the fence, it's no joke.

I shan't raise the issue again, I just wanted to put that out there, it's easy to be detached and lack empathy when you've no experience of it, fill your boots.

I agree with everything but be careful not to make it sound like the ones making sh it up are even close to being near to the amount that are actually sexually assulted, I know thats not what you meant but just make it clear, another thing of the metoo movement is people not believing them because some have lied...alot of blokes seem to take the metoo movement personally instead of getting behind it, which is the normal thing to do

Ewarwoowar

I agree with everything but be careful not to make it sound like the ones making sh it up are even close to being near to the amount that are actually sexually assulted, I know thats not what you meant but just make it clear, another thing of the metoo movement is people not believing them because some have lied...alot of blokes seem to take the metoo movement personally instead of getting behind it, which is the normal thing to do

Yes thank you, I have so much difficulty with this android it's difficult to get it all out, but I did acknowledge lives were being destroyed on both sides of the fence which was basically intimating what you said in your post. I worked with children mostly but also to some degree adult women whom were also victims of abuse. My life experience had sought me to dedicate my time to try heal the world, I put my self into it 7 days a week, i/we tried to change attitudes of relevant authorities, who treat it as a money spinner, don't believe the current narrative they still do to this day.

Both charities and relevant authorities act appallingly in this field, they don't truly want to fix it, drove me ****ing mad.

Pepes blue pill

Yes thank you, I have so much difficulty with this android it's difficult to get it all out, but I did acknowledge lives were being destroyed on both sides of the fence which was basically intimating what you said in your post. I worked with children mostly but also to some degree adult women whom were also victims of abuse. My life experience had sought me to dedicate my time to try heal the world, I put my self into it 7 days a week, i/we tried to change attitudes of relevant authorities, who treat it as a money spinner, don't believe the current narrative they still do to this day.

Both charities and relevant authorities act appallingly in this field, they don't truly want to fix it, drove me ****ing mad.

I can only imagine, fair play to you for dedicating so much time to trying to change things, sadly until they deal with these things happening at the top it is hard to see things change, next month we will likely see a man who pretty much claimed that spending to investigate sexual abuse would be a waste of money, win the election...same people who just wasted 100m on adverts...it really is rotten to the core

Im one of the people who uses the term nonces on here, not to describe someone as a peado but just as a throwaway comment, you are right though and language is a powerful thing so I am more than happy to admit I was wrong and stop using that term

Arseshavin

You think moving Xhaka 20 yards up the pitch in same team, in the same formation will make him into a player for us. Come on now :rofl:

I barely trust him in Eurpoa or FA games, but meh if he's going to play him again I guess it's worth a try.
I feel I make my stance clear on this; I am NOT advocating the use of Xhaka as a preferred option ahead of other central midfielders in the first team (I would much prefer a midfield three of Torreira, Guendouzi and Willock/Ceballos), but IF he was to be used, I would try to use him in a central midfield THREE (or a central midfield two supported by a DM) as the most attacking player.

Last edited:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I feel I make my stance clear on this; I am NOT advocating the use of Xhaka as a preferred option ahead of other central midfielders in the first team, but IF he was to be used, I would try to use him in a central midfield THREE (or a central midfield two supported by a DM) as the most attacking player.

What had indicated that he has a decisive final ball? He’ll be the most advanced midfielder, still passing to centerbacks.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Still hoping he has privately told him he isn't captain anymore, but doesn't want to fuel the fire with the press after all that's happened recently by announcing it atm.

Reactions: A_G

Arseshavin

What had indicated that he has a decisive final ball? He’ll be the most advanced midfielder, still passing to centerbacks.
Our main problem with our central midfielders passing the ball backwards or to the full backs is, imo., because there is no passing alternative in more advanced central positions (defensive midfield and attacking midfield too far apart from each other), unless you pass the ball long. Playing a midfield three makes the midfielders play closer to each other and would make this less of a problem.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
This sort of thing is why making Xhaka was a horrible choice.

The captain needs to be popular with both the players and the fans because the last thing you want, is the fans getting on the captain's back.

To put it another way, the captain should be the least of your worries on the field and should be an example to the other players through his leadership and his performances.

Players could have been inspired by Vieira, Fabregas and the like. What is Saka supposed to think when he looks across the field and sees Xhaka picking his nose and giving the ball away.

I can't remember one classic 10/10 Xhaka performance when he won the game for us, not one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom