• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Crowd is already toxic as we have squandered a two goal lead

Seconds in

0 - his number goes up the crowd cheers sarcastically. No booing at this stage but Xhaka hears the cheers and is mighty pissed

6 - throws armband in general direction of Auba, it lands on the floor, he ambles off the pitch, the crowd is pissed now. No booing at this stage

12 - crowd is very agitated. Small amount of boos. Xhaka throws up both his arms effectively saying “c’mon bring it on, let’s hear it then you muppets”

19 - still on a lovely leisurely stroll. Crowd thinks he is taking the p1ss, Very loud boos ring out, full on jeering

26 - Xhaka cups his ear, as you do, obviously the crowd jeer even more in response

37 TBF he does shake the subs hand, misses Emerys weak attempt at a handshake and the club captain throws his shirt down at 37 seconds

6, 12, 26, 37 - he made four sequential choices which combined with his slow departure to escalate the situation. At any point he could have taken a different course of action.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It’s no victory. Nothing will change if we get rid of Xhaka and don’t buy an improvement.

We basically hounded out a player and we’re still sh*t. A victory would be selling Xhaka and using that money on an even better player.
Not sure about that. With Xhaka it is addition by subtraction as far as I see it. Just not having him as a game day option gives some other better player a chance.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

There are no better players though? Who you talking about?
I rate Xhaka at the bottom of our midfielders. I think he is absolute crap and want us to play anyone, and I mean anyone, but him. He is a walking mistake, slow as a sloth etc. I honestly see no upside whatsoever in playing him. So with regards to better players have your pick! In my view pick anyone else.

To be absolutely frank wanting Xhaka to play for us after seeing his ****ty performances and mistakes since 2016 is really beyond me. If you feel differently we simply have to agree to disagree.

Imagine Roy Keane doing what Xhaka did to the United fans while Ferguson was in charge.....He would probably never play a game for United again.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Imagine Roy Keane doing what Xhaka did to the United fans while Ferguson was in charge.....He would probably never play a game for United again.

Hmph Roy gave to his own fans when he had to , calling some of them prawn sandwich brigade , If they had booed Keano he would have given it back don't worry about that . '

Ian Wright gave our fans that booed him an absolute serve after the game at Blackburn :lol:

Last edited:

Tomb Bombadil

Give me a break,

If this message wasn't vetted by the club, then why did the Arsenal media released the same message in matchday programme ?
And why on earth shouldn't it be vetted by the club.

This is really really bad management at top level. If you have such a problem, in a "normal" company you sit together at one table and look for the best solution and prepare the communication.

• Player gives a proper apology
  • Coach backs the player and also says he can't do it like this / the fans are everything
  • Player gets a fine and money goes to a good purpose (help organisation for internet abuse)
  • A nice picture with not too much smiling
  • And all together saying now it's over we won't talk about it anymore
This is a desaster from Arsenal and responsible should be top management.

Or they wanna throw Xhaka in front of the bus to throw Emery in front of the bus and whit that I would be fine.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
And why on earth shouldn't it be vetted by the club.
I didn't say it shouldn't have been vetted, in contrast I indicated that the message was probably vetted by the club too, as it was also released in matchday programme.

They chose this way of communication, you're correct that it is terrible management of this whole situation and I believe it sets a bad precedent within our team as well as from our fans toward the players in pitch.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The 5 captains is common in Spain I think. Barca have 4 captains iirc. Pep have 5 at City as well but you don’t hear about it because they’re winning the league every season

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

About time he was stripped of the captaincy after his shameful performances & acting like a petulant fool.

Never fit to wear The Arsenal jersey. Get rid in January so we can find a proper midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom