• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
From what I've heard from people who were at the game. It was very loud and intimidating abuse of Xhaka. If that's the case, general points about the stadium are secondary to me in my thinking. I've not been to Arsenal since Highbury.
Even in Xhaka's own statement, he mentioned about abuse happening only on the internet. If he can't differentiate between that and the booing at the stadium, it is his fault.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We're booing a side that has a piss poor record over the past 20 games, and a player in particular that has cost us probably 15+ points in his Arsenal career singlehandedly. I think the fans are justified in their frustration and exercising their right to voice their opinion. The online abuse is entirely a different thing and shouldn't be viewed in the same bucket as some booing at the stadium...

Besides, it seemed to me that a lot of the booing and jeering came AFTER Xhaka decided he was going to walk off the pitch, because evidently he doesn't give a flying fck anymore.

Balboa

The first half of your post is a lie. Most fans are fine with booing. But no one supports threatening and abusing. People were booing Xhaka during the match. They did not abuse. Xhaka made the situation worse.

So, your points are....

1) Singling out your own player, booing them while they try to do their job for NO REASON, is acceptable and doesn't constitute abuse?

2) You apprently think you see and hear everything Xhaka sees, and have a full interpretation of his perception of those things, so you can discount any verbal abuse at him because he didn't specifically mention abuse in the stadium in his statement?

Nonsense...

1) That's not normal, that's ****ty behaviour from ****ty supporters.

2) You can't see and hear everything Xhaka sees and hears. You have no idea what abuse he heard while trying to do his job. It is very plausible that he heard all kinds of abuse on the night, but was busy playing football. You have no knowledge of his mental state if he's received threats to his family online. You have no idea how the combination of his experiences have affected him. Some of his teamates have LITERALLY been targeted at KNIFE POINT by robbers.

But..... whining because our team isn't as good as it used to be....that's the REALLY important stuff.....that must take precedence over any thought of compassion....

Even in Xhaka's own statement, he mentioned about abuse happening only on the internet. If he can't differentiate between that and the booing at the stadium, it is his fault.

Why is it "his fault" if he's affected by online abuse and it contributes to his reaction at being booed? Sounds like you're saying that online abuse should just be accepted.

Double Nonsense...

The absolute state of Arsenal Football Club....

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This is a nasty situation, he was made captain then hounded out the club. It’s actually a crazy situation.
A unique situation. It was the combination of increased toxicity around the club, poor form and the fact the manager picked a player who wasn't deemed good enough as a captain (and did so through a player vote).

Even though Xhaka is **** imo and should be sold asap, he became victim of Arsenal fans' frustration with Emery (for playing him). But his reaction to it was all wrong. I feel like so many key decisions had to happen for this to actually occur, and they did.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The online abuse is entirely a different thing and shouldn't be viewed in the same bucket as some booing at the stadium...
Yeah it was unprofessional of Xhaka to link the online abuse he was recieving to jeers in the stadium when he gets subbed (loud boos only started when he reacted).

It looks like he isnt captain material mentality wise, as well as not being good to enough to even start here never mind lead our side.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
So, your points are....

1) Singling out your own player, booing them while they try to do their job for NO REASON, is acceptable and doesn't constitute abuse?

2) You apprently think you see and hear everything Xhaka sees, and have a full interpretation of his perception of those things, so you can discount any verbal abuse at him because he didn't specifically mention abuse in the stadium in his statement?

Nonsense...

2) You can't see and hear everything Xhaka sees and hears. You have no idea what abuse he heard while trying to do his job. It is very plausible that he heard all kinds of abuse on the night, but was busy playing football. You have no knowledge of his mental state if he's received threats to his family online. You have no idea how the combination of his experiences have affected him. Some of his teamates have LITERALLY been targeted at KNIFE POINT by robbers.

But..... whining because our team isn't as good as it used to be....that's the REALLY important stuff.....that must take precedence over any thought of compassion....

Why is it "his fault" if he's affected by online abuse and it contributes to his reaction at being booed? Sounds like you're saying that online abuse should just be accepted.

Double Nonsense...

I agree with you - as it's customary to applaud a player leaving the pitch, a deafening silence would be sufficient for a player who has put in a poor performance.

I would only find booing acceptable by the fans if a player had deliberately done something unacceptable to get a red card

Balboa

We're booing a side that has a piss poor record over the past 20 games, and a player in particular that has cost us probably 15+ points in his Arsenal career singlehandedly. I think the fans are justified in their frustration and exercising their right to voice their opinion. The online abuse is entirely a different thing and shouldn't be viewed in the same bucket as some booing at the stadium...

Besides, it seemed to me that a lot of the booing and jeering came AFTER Xhaka decided he was going to walk off the pitch, because evidently he doesn't give a flying fck anymore.

Who were these superior Arsenal players who could have played in Xhaka's place and won these 15 points without losing any of the other points that Arsenal won with Xhaka as a major contributor in that time?

Oh, it's ok then.
1) Tell him to **** off repeatedly.
2) Expect him to react perfectly, positively and obediently how you want him to in the moment, when under pressure from thousands of people who are abusing him. The SAME people who actively refute the idea of even considering how he feels, let alone actually caring how he feels.
3) That's the same player who you complained about not being good enough at football, you expect him to be elite at responding to thousands abusing him.
4) Confect a fictitious account about how his reaction shows that "evidently he doesn't give a flying fck anymore".

All because...

..."undesirable football results from the whole team"...

Absolute rubbish.

Last edited:

Balboa

Yeah it was unprofessional of Xhaka to link the online abuse he was recieving to jeers in the stadium when he gets subbed (loud boos only started when he reacted).

It looks like he isnt captain material mentality wise, as well as not being good to enough to even start here never mind lead our side.

Another person who is such a genius that they heard and saw everything Xhaka heard and saw....

:facepalm:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Yes because watching the footage is the same as being on the pitch experiencing it... :facepalm:

Wait, let me guess. You also know how Özil and Kolasinac felt when targeted at knife point because you watched the CCTV?

Kola looked up for a fight going by the CCTV, and good on him.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
So, your points are....

Nonsense...

Double Nonsense...

Booing is part of the game. It is not abuse. If you can't even show your displeasure by booing, there is no point of sport. If you do a ****ty job at work, you get shouted at by the boss. If you do ****ty job in sport, fans boo you.

I accept that he has received lots of disgusting abuse. But you don't shout **** off to your friends because some people on the road gave you a hard time. If a person does it, he is branded immature. Some unworthy ****s tried to rob Mesut. Did he immediately brand all Londoners as thieves and get angry at everyone who is using a moped? Some people throwing abuse online about his wife and daughter doesn't mean he got the same from the stadium fans. There is lot of evidence of the online abuse. But no evidence of such abuse by fans. Even Xhaka didn't mention about abuse in the stadium. Why are you imagining stuff then? If you want to know what really happened, read @freeglennhelder2 post in page 174. He was in a bad mental state because of the online abuse. But that doesn't excuse his behaviour on the field.

Last edited:

Balboa

He gave the armband? The armband that Auba had to walk over and pick off the ground? Yeah, okay.

Looks to me from the footage like he tried to throw the armband to Auba (Whilst being vitriolically abused by thousands). Auba didn't catch it, so he had to pick it up.

Big deal.

Especially coming from whiny supporters who think they can act however they like without being held unccountable....

Talk about nonsense attempts to spin what happened.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Another person who is such a genius that they heard and saw everything Xhaka heard and saw....

What is your point then? That what he did was professional?

There are fans on twitter being racist to Pogba and Rashford after missing pens, I dont consider them United fans. People hurling abuse at someone on social media is barbaric and shouldn't be considered as representative of the club.

Xhaka should be able to realise, and separate what he sees online from keyboard warriors as different to what he experiences in front of fans in the stadium. I am not condoning booing players but the fans wanted a way to show the manager that Xhaka is crap and shouldnt be our captain. Were you at the stadium? My friends went and they said the booing started when he started acting the way he did.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Looks to me from the footage like he tried to throw the armband to Auba (Whilst being vitriolically abused by thousands). Auba didn't catch it, so he had to pick it up.
You are contradicting yourself. You dont know what he 'felt' either, like myself you are judging the situation with what you saw. Stupid comments

Balboa

Booing is part of the game. It is not abuse. If you can't even show your displeasure by booing, there is no point of sport. If you do a ****ty job at work, you get shouted at by the boss. If you do ****ty job in sport, fans boo you.

I accept that he has received lots of disgusting abuse. But you don't shout **** off to your friends because some people on the road gives you a hard time. If a person does it, he is branded immature. Some unworthy ****s tried to rob Mesut. Did he immediately brand all Londoners as thieves and get angry at everyone who is using a moped? Some people throwing abuse online about his wife and daughter doesn't mean he got the same from the stadium fans. There is lot of evidence of the online abuse. But no evidence of such abuse by fans. Even Xhaka didn't mention about abuse in the stadium. Why are you imagining stuff then? If you want to know what really happened, read @freeglennhelder2 post in page 174. He was in a bad mental state because of the online abuse. But that doesn't excuse his behaviour on the field.

Yes, 'the point of sport is the booing' :facepalm:

If your boss shouts at you at work, they're a bad boss. They can and should be held accountable for their actions and there are specific procedures for dealing with performance issues at work. SINGLING ONE WORKER out and group booing them is absolutely not part of that and would constitue harrassment and probably involve some kind of legal challenge for the employer. Terrible example.

Also, it's just a nasty, compassionless thing to do. So it can and should be criticised, not excused for....

If Xhaka can't "shout f-off", why can thousands of Arsenal supporters do it to him in the first place and it be acceptable and regarded as anything other than bad conduct?

Xhaka was playing busy playing football at the time of the match. He was kind of occupied. He was a little distracted from documenting every abusive taunt he heard and attributing to whom it was directed, working out if it was directed at his family etc etc. So just because he hasn't cited specifically verbal abuse in the stadium, it doesn't mean it didn't feel to him, a man who has received online threats to his family, a man who has seen team mates robbed at knife point, that he was under threat.

Xhaka obviously wasn't generalising and labelling all fans as bad, he was responding to thousands giving him abuse for NO REASON.

This isn't about trying to justify Xhaka's behaviour. He's acknowledged he made a mistake. What this is about is fans trying to justify their despicable behaviour in goading him for NO REASON, in the first place. That's what you've done and continue to do.

Please stop desperately seeking to justify the unjustifiable with this rubbish reasoning...

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Yes, 'the point of sport is the booing' :facepalm:

If your boss shouts at you at work, they're a bad boss. They can and should be held accountable for their actions and there are specific procedures for dealing with performance issues at work. SINGLING ONE WORKER out and group booing them is absolutely not part of that and would constitue harrassment and probably involve some kind of legal challenge for the employer. Terrible example.

Also, it's just a nasty, compassionless thing to do. So it can and should be criticised, not excused for....

If Xhaka can't "shout f-off", why can thousands of Arsenal supporters do it to him in the first place and it be acceptable and regarded as anything other than bad conduct?

Xhaka was playing busy playing football at the time of the match. He was kind of occupied. He was a little distracted from documenting every abusive taunt he heard and attributing to whom it was directed, working out if it was directed at his family etc etc. So just because he hasn't cited specifically verbal abuse in the stadium, it doesn't mean it didn't feel to him, a man who has received online threats to his family, a man who has seen team mates robbed at knife point, that he was under threat.

Xhaka obviously wasn't generalising and labelling all fans as bad, he was responding to thousands giving him abuse for NO REASON.

This isn't about trying to justify Xhaka's behaviour. He's acknowledged he made a mistake. What this is about is fans trying to justify their despicable behaviour in goading him for NO REASON, in the first place. That's what you've done and continue to do.

Please stop desperately seeking to justify the unjustifiable with this rubbish reasoning...

Can't fault you mate - you're enjoying having a moan about these whiny fans (whom pay through the nose for tickets might I add).

Balboa

You are contradicting yourself. You dont know what he 'felt' either, like myself you are judging the situation with what you saw. Stupid comments

No I'm not.

I'm saying that none of us know what he felt. He's explained this to some degree and I say we should accept his explanation. I'm saying we should therefore show compassion for him in what was a highly pressured situation.

When you have two options about how to perceive a situation you don't know about. Er on the side of kindness and compassion to the human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom