• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good luck trying to sell guys like Mustafi and Xhaka for good prices when buying clubs know we and the player are desperate to part ways.

Ideally, you bring Xhaka back in the team, and have a private agreement with him about the sale.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Good luck trying to sell guys like Mustafi and Xhaka for good prices when buying clubs know we and the player are desperate to part ways.

Ideally, you bring Xhaka back in the team, and have a private agreement with him about the sale.
No he’s **** some italian club will loan him

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Need to shift musti in the next two windows otherwise we won't get any sort of decent fee at all. Would take £10-15m if offered it.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I dunno tbh, I think Arsenal fans are worse than others. Man United and Sp**s are as bad as us this season and they aint scapegoating as much. At least United fans are consistent with the hate of Glazers we blame someone else every couple of months.

What happened to the Kronke hate and protests? Oh he brought Pepe i guess that fixes everything halt the marches and protests.
No, Man Utd fans are not consistent. In fact, no set of fans are. All of them go quiet about certain stuff when the club wins a pot. Man Utd fans went oh so quiet about the Glazers when they won their last title. You can't just create stuff to suit a narrative.

Balboa

Could also be that some players aren't good enough.. like koscielny ;)

The player's quality is irrelevant. If they do their best, supporters should support them and pressure the decision makers at the club to change things until they are replaced by better players. Singling them out for embarrassment is classless and counterproductive.

Balboa

Regardless of how poor a player is, this isn’t how they should leave a club.

All it does is unfairly put the club and fans in a negative light.

Emery didn’t have any easy choices here, but he has just completely stuffed it up. I don’t think it helped that he took so long to confirm Xhaka as captain as well.

Why is it unfair, the way it puts the club in a bad light?

What is the club, if not the manager, the people who appointed him, the fans and the players?

All are culpable for this. This IS the club. Part of the problem with this is the obvious sense of entitlement of the fans who believe they have the right to watch stylish football that challenges for the league. Only two teams have had that for the last couple of seasons.

People are very keen for Xhaka to take responsibility, less so for the fans to do so....

Balboa

Every fanbase of high-level teams is like this though. This isn't something unique to arsenal.

My least favourite fans for a long while were Liverpool. I didn't see them finding scapegoats and singling them out for jeering when they were average.

Last edited:

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Add Kos and Rambo situations last season and the guy is an awful man manager. I bought the story about PSG having divas but I reckon he was the peoblem now.
Now I am doubting what happened behind the scene regarding Koscielny's departure. Under Unai, more first teamers will leave soon.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Wasnt a Willian a figure of hate among Chelsea fans in the not too distant past? ... MOTM today.

• It's not just Arsenal Fans
  • Put your head down, graft hard, get yourself back in the game

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9803927/chelsea-fans-pathetic-willian-tweets-premier-league/
True. People here already stereotyping that it's just Arsenal fans thing. Such incidents have happened in all clubs. And players try to prove them wrong by improving their performances.

Balboa

It's like people have never seen ultras, madrid fans or hockey fans

Standing up for ultras. Always good to find some good people to emulate. :bounce:

Wasnt a Willian a figure of hate among Chelsea fans in the not too distant past? ... MOTM today.

• It's not just Arsenal Fans
  • Put your head down, graft hard, get yourself back in the game

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9803927/chelsea-fans-pathetic-willian-tweets-premier-league/

No, Willian wasn't a figure of hate. As the article says, a random person/bot tweeted "Leave my club for good ASAP."

That isn't jeering the player and taking the piss and it isn't threats to someones family. Did you even read it beyond the headline? Understandable if you didn't, given the utter rot published in that rag.

Also "Find another set of people doing something even more ****, then use that to justify whatever crappy thing you want to do" is a poor perspective that relies on baseless moral relativism.

litter-in-bin-sign.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom