Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that’s what happening with the managers too.

Im not a fan but he’s trying and doing well at the moment, I can’t complain.

Riou likes this.
  2. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Wenger had played him there a few times. Makes sense as you could play from the back with him.

He’s too rash though, fouls too much to be playing cb everytime.

3. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

He's in form, showing some character both on the pitch, and how he's responded to his problems.

4. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

I was fearing a lot when he was switched to CB but Xhaka was MOTM last night.
    I had memories of his bad performances as a makeshift CB in Wenger era.

As with every article by Amy, she wrote a brilliant piece of him after last night's great performance

krengon, Trilly, Tir Na Nog and 3 others like this.
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Not at all i loved his performance yesterday. If our players can show mentality like yesterday we wouldn't be 10th that what I'm frustrated about

Gunner boy dd likes this.
  6. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Always wondered if he would make a good long term CB, similar to Martinez at Bayern.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  7. SevenOfClubs

SevenOfClubs Member

Well played Xhaka, need more of these performances!

8. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

We played so much better with him in CB than CM, maybe that's his more natural position? You get away with being slow and immobile in CB.

Still don't rate him tho.

9. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

I am big critic of his but he stepped up yesterday and helped save our bacon. He should be praised for his performance yesterday! Well done!

10. Santi's Left Foot

Santi's Left Foot Sleeps in Theo's bed

I think it could be an interesting experiment, he done well and didn't appear out of place at all, also we like to play from the back. Can't see it happening though.

11. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Would be good ... then maybe we could put an extra midfielder in there .

12. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

With the right CB partner to make him secure (Luis/Saliba?), a quality CDM signing in front of him and a good system, work on his tackling,I can see Xhaka with his left peg competing with Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Mustafi.

He could be more secure in the squad as a utility player. His physical limitations at CM aren't much better than his tackling and temperament issues at CB.

13. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

14. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

I actually think the biggest benefit to him playing CB yesterday was that it meant he wasn't playing CM.

Managers love him because ability and quality aside he's an insane professional. Teachers pet if you will.

15. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

People shouldn't get excited over the fact he looked good at cb, the fact he went there when we were down to 10 men meant we were playing deep which is why he looked good there as there was no room behind, if you want to see xhaka play cb in a high line you are sick in the head :lol:

16. Balboa

Balboa Well-Known Member

Whereas, Sokratis, Mustafi & an unfit Holding in a high line is unimpeachable sanity....

17. Pepes blue pill

who the hell said that :lol: xhaka would be worse than all except the unfit holding tho

18. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

Easy to criticize but I promise you would find supporting Arsenal much easier if you try to be more positive at least some of the time

bandaid likes this.
  19. Pepes blue pill

I have been one of the people that has defended xhaka despite not being a fan of his :lol: even praised him yesterday just not crazy to think he could play in a high line :lol: the post I replied to was the negative post not mine ;)

Trilly likes this.
  20. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

He did well yesterday and showed all the concentration and determination needed to see us through. I've been critical of him and I'm still not a fan, but he deserves praise for his effort and leadership last night.