• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Much better from him recently but Fernandes has turned United into a top 4 side again. That's the type of quality we should be striving for in midfield. His first touch is always out of his feet and he's always looking to move his team forward.

What Arteta's done has been to steady the ship and build more consistency and togetherness within the limitations of this team. I don't think we're that different in terms of quality to Emery's Arsenal.

Our unbeaten run only actually includes 3 wins and if it wasn't for Aubameyang continuing to bail us out we'd be having serious problems.

I disagree. We’ve shown marked improvement under Arteta and our unbeaten run has been impressive, draws and all. Especially when you factor in going ten men down away to Chelski and Palace- under Emery we would’ve lost both games.

Arteta has done more than steady the ship. He’s made us enjoyable to watch again. Some of the football recently against Newcastle and Everton has been excellent. Check out our goals against Palace and Olympiacos too- lovely team moves.

This team believes again and it shows on the pitch. For the first time in ages against Everton, we went 1-0 down and I was confident we were still going to come back- Everton are no mugs under Ancelotti btw, I fancy them to beat Yanited next time out in the league.

Bruno is a quality player but he hasn’t elevated Yanited to the level you think he has. We still have a better squad than them.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Short article about Xhaka's passing performance against Everton.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/granit-xhaka-arsenal-arteta-pepe-17802822

0_xhaka.png

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think @The_Playmaker nailed it in terms of his Xhaka analysis, I’m not sure how you could really argue with him.

Xhaka is playing well, but his limitations and sloppy tendencies when games are in the balance are still there for all to see. To climb up the table/become a CL team we absolutely have to do better than Xhaka. Whether we are able to though I’m not sure.

There’s strong evidence that points to him being our best CM at the club, but to me that’s not right.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He is managing by the skin of his teeth at the moment and it’s down to Arteta. Players like him, Luiz and Mustafi are just waiting to let you down. You try and nurse them through and protect them until you can get rid of them at the first opportunity for someone you haven’t got to babysit, and that’s it. That’s how it should be anyway if you’re looking to build.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Wasn't great last night but has been good in recent games

Also tried to make things happen in the second half/towards the end of the game. Most of our half-chances started from him. Still, as guilty as everyone in the team for that first half performance if (IMO) more so because exactly he shouldn't have get suckered in. Should have dictated faster play. Should have...

Well there's a lot of should haves in general regarding last night. Just depressing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Meh.

Never thought I'd say this but I miss Song. Compared to this guy anyway.

...Song was pretty decent, played well enough to get a move to Barca...wasn't great defensively though, shouldn't really have played DM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jae

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
When Song was on loan to Charlton, I remember Merson on soccer saturday saying he looked like a 'fish up a tree', he was so out of his depth. That one stayed with me :rofl:

Manberg

Predator
Odd. I thought Xhaka was one of the better players in the team yet again. We dominated possession and didn't get troubled by counter attacks.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's not doing anything wrong anymore but he's not good enough. We've seen that over a number of years now. Hopefully he continues to play like this and we sell him.

I presume now he'll stay.

Manberg

Predator
He's not doing anything wrong anymore but he's not good enough. We've seen that over a number of years now. Hopefully he continues to play like this and we sell him.

I presume now he'll stay.

To bump the Xhaka thread with complaints not for particular mistakes but for long term visions about not being good enough reeks of the old anti Xhaka agendas speaking.
Arteta thinks he’s good enough. Xhaka has played every minute of every game under Arteta, except for the Chelsea loss when he was ill.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

...Song was pretty decent, played well enough to get a move to Barca...wasn't great defensively though, shouldn't really have played DM.

Very decent player but ruined his career with the Barca move. Bit like others. Hard to turn down that sort of opportunity I guess.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Many on here didn’t even want Song in the team in the run up to his Barcelona transfer.

Another who played his best football under Wenger - just like Cesc, Özil, Sanchez, RvP etc.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To bump the Xhaka thread with complaints not for particular mistakes but for long term visions about not being good enough reeks of the old anti Xhaka agendas speaking.
Arteta thinks he’s good enough. Xhaka has played every minute of every game under Arteta, except for the Chelsea loss when he was ill.

Not everyone has an agenda. I don't think he's making big errors anymore but I don't think he's doing anything great either.

He can be improved upon. We have been poor in midfield then entirety of his time here. We still are not playing well as a team.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not everyone has an agenda. I don't think he's making big errors anymore but I don't think he's doing anything great either.

He can be improved upon. We have been poor in midfield then entirety of his time here. We still are not playing well as a team.
I struggle with this talk of “agenda” on a fan forum. What does it really mean here? None of us have any power whatsoever to influence anything we talk about. We are just a bunch of anonymous posters sharing thoughts about Arsenal and the clubs players. Some like and defend certain players and others disagree.

Anyhow, I am firmly in the Xhaka our camp. We have seen enough and his ceiling is just much to low to bother with. He was a poor pickup and hopefully we can get some of the fee we spent on him back. Hope Herta is still interested come the summer.

PS. That it is clubs like Herta coming in for him should tell you enough about what his true value and ability is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom