• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

This place :lol: You guys cant appreciate Xhaka without bringing up some weaknesses in the same sentence. What player doesn’t have weaknesses? Xhaka is a great player and still being under appreciated, even in the little things he does. The agenda is on.

I have trouble agreeing with @Football Manager because he likes to praise Xhaka while criticising Ramsey. I don’t agree with that because Ramsey is/was world class.
No agenda ffs he isnt good enough period. When we play a proper team you will see!!

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Elite player. His best performances against big teams.

And yes, Xhaka has scored in the box before.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If you don’t think Xhaka is good enough then you don’t know what’s good. It’s like being satisfied with a Fosters never having tasted a prime French wine.
And if you do think Xhaka is good enough, then you really shouldn't complain if we don't see Champions League's football any time soon. Recency bias is the worst.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I’ve been backing Xhaka’s quality for a long time, nothing recent about it.

From Arteta's press conference after the game

Arteta on Xhaka coming full circle
"His commitment goes beyond anything normal. He's a great example the way he lives this possession. I'm really happy we convinced him to stay and learn from the mistake he made."

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was good tonight and got involved all over the pitch. My issues with him remain in that he can't handle a press and still lingers on the ball. There were times when he could have played it quicker and with more adventure. His goal was well taken and Arteta's system brought out his better qualities.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Overall decent performance. Norwich are crap so isn’t really saying much but still credit where credit is due

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think that's the point of debate here. My view is that it is not the lack of options that causes him to make the errors. Most errors I have seen have been due to the time he takes to execute the pass.
He looks up, checks someone available for a pass. There is a delay from that moment to the moment he executes the pass. By that time anyone can figure out what he was going to do and in some circumstances, the pass is easily cut off.
Its his slowness in executing the pass that results in gifting the ball to opposition.
It's his lack of pace in running that results in making too many fouls.
And about the penalties he has conceded due to rash tackles, who is there to blame?
Remember, even midfielders in relegation fodder have not committed the same number of mistakes that Xhaka has. Do you think their set up is much better than Arsenal?
Valid points tbh.

He still dives in for no reason and will always have those headloss moments. I can’t deny that and yeah our setup doesn’t help but he does seem a bit slower mentally than the best DLPs. Let’s discuss again after a few more games.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

‘Great game but still needs to be sold’

Yes we know ffs. :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Glad that he scored. Always nice to see our players smiling. He has turned a bit of a corner. And credit to him for putting the troubles behind him and keeping his shoulder to the grind stone.

Still would like to see us move on from him, but better that he plays well while still at our club than the other way around. Hopefully he can keep on improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom