• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
It is a great post but I don't agree here. Xhaka seemed to have a much improved season last season. He's reverted back to the Xhaka we saw initially and there's absolute frustration with this.

To be honest mate I thought he was as guilty as anyone for having a stinking end to last season so any improvement was temporary

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm not defending him, but looked at WhoScored EPL ratings to compare players who could possibly replace him as a starter. Xhaka has been worse this year than his avarage from all seasons in EPL, which is about 7.00.

Xhaka's average is 6.62 even with 4 yellows. Torreira is 6.52 with no yellows and one goal. Willock is 6.38 with no yellows. I would think yellows bring the rating a bit down.

So I'm not so sure they have performed so much better this far. I have personally seen Torreira a bit inconsistent this far and giving some bad passes. Willock is not too experienced yet either.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/89401/History/Granit-Xhaka

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/248109/Show/Lucas-Torreira

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/342563/Show/Joe-Willock

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'm not defending him, but looked at WhoScored EPL ratings to compare players who could possibly replace him as a starter. Xhaka has been worse this year than his avarage from all seasons in EPL, which is about 7.00.

Xhaka's average is 6.62 even with 4 yellows. Torreira is 6.52 with no yellows and one goal. Willock is 6.38 with no yellows. I would think yellows bring the rating a bit down.

So I'm not so sure they have performed so much better this far. I have personally seen Torreira a bit inconsistent this far and giving some bad passes. Willock is not too experienced yet either.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/89401/History/Granit-Xhaka

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/248109/Show/Lucas-Torreira

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/342563/Show/Joe-Willock
Again, this proves my point people are too interested in stats, numbers etc. You judge people like Xhaka on what you see and not some random numbers pulled out of someone's arse.

drippin

Again, this proves my point people are too interested in stats, numbers etc. You judge people like Xhaka on what you see and not some random numbers pulled out of someone's arse.

How does it prove that exactly if I posted those as food for thought, care to explain? :lol:

Stats are okay tool for evaluation if you don't blindly trust them.

It's much better tool than if someone hates some player, and then looks at his performances only through that glass, not seeing anything good ever. Confirmation bias.

Last edited:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
How does it prove that exactly if I posted those as food for thought, care to explain? :lol:

It's much better tool than if someone hates some player, and then looks at his performances only through that glass, not seeing anything good ever. Confirmation bias.
It's quite simple. There is absolutely no bloody way Xhaka has out performed Willock. To even intimate such is beyond laughable.

Oh_Snap

Whoscored is really a bad site though because they weight their stats very weirdly. A successful dribble is rated higher as a key pass f.e. You could see this very well when Alexis played for us .. he could play like dogshit but still had a super high rating cuz he manged to dribble past 3-4 players. It's kinda common knowledge on AM that whoscored is rather laughed at than considered something to offer something to talk about.

drippin

Whoscored is really a bad site though because they weight their stats very weirdly. A successful dribble is rated higher as a key pass f.e. You could see this very well when Alexis played for us .. he could play like dogshit but still had a super high rating cuz he manged to dribble past 3-4 players. It's kinda common knowledge on AM that whoscored is rather laughed at than considered something to offer something to talk about.

Okay, thanks for the info! Good thing to note.

But are you suggesting Xhaka has dribbled past players to get better rating than Torreira or especially Willock? :lol:

That should basically hint more that Xhaka has played a bit better (other than the penalty mistake of course).

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Maybe the manager is following the trend of the forum then? Agree Rich, Stats skew the perspective big time.

drippin

Xhaka must have been quite a dribbler in his younger years! :lol:

7.61 in Gladbach best season, with 2+1 and 10 yellows and one red card.

Oh_Snap

Okay, thanks for the info! Good thing to note.

But are you suggesting Xhaka has dribbled past players to get better rating than Torreira or especially Willock? :lol:

That should basically hint more that Xhaka has played a bit better (other than the penalty mistake of course).

No that was an example of how weirdly whoscored weights their stats. i only know that dribbles have a huge impact on their numbers. they dont care about the "packing"-stat at all though. and they're very intransparent of how they rate stuff, thus it shouldnt be trusted.
Xhaka must have been quite a dribbler in his younger years!

7.61 in Gladbach best season, with 2+1 and 10 yellows and one red card.
dont put what i say out of context please. you did it before a few days back and i didnt bother but if it becomes a habit you gonna land on my list.

drippin

No that was an example of how weirdly whoscored weights their stats. i only know that dribbles have a huge impact on their numbers. they dont care about the "packing"-stat at all though. and they're very intransparent of how they rate stuff, thus it shouldnt be trusted.

You got any other site to compare these to get better view?

I'm pretty sure that most agree confirmation bias not being the best way to evaluate a player either.

drippin

dont put what i say out of context please. you did it before a few days back and i didnt bother but if it becomes a habit you gonna land on my list.

I'm just bantering and joking. That logic is certainly not fool-proof, unless you can counter argue how he got that high rating from that season.

Now he has 1.00 worse rating, and I'm pretty sure it could have been seen in performances (Bundesliga a bit easier league too).

If you look at those ratings, or Ramsey's I put somewhere, it's pretty clear there is at least some correlation with their ratings and real performances. Ramsey's best season being the best rated as an example.

I'm not sure what you accuse me of, honestly couldn't care less about your list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom