• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
honestly couldn't care less about your list.
27815dd68eb543010fa738ed9251954f.jpg

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I just saw Xhaka has already 4 yellow cards. If Emery doesn't take him out for the next game, he will do it himself. Melike.
Nice, gonna be interesting how we play without him. Wonder IF we would play:
Ceballos/willock. -. Guendouzi
-------------------Torreira

Or
Ceballos - willock
-------guendouzi

Probably first one. Would be interesting with the second One though

Tomb Bombadil

Nice, gonna be interesting how we play without him. Wonder IF we would play:
Ceballos/willock. -. Guendouzi
-------------------Torreira

Or
Ceballos - willock
-------guendouzi
Would go with the second one. Then we could for once really press. When we play in defense Willock and Guendouzi in the DM position.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I just saw Xhaka has already 4 yellow cards. If Emery doesn't take him out for the next game, he will do it himself. Melike.
Knowing Emery and Xhaka, this is what is going to happen:
Emery asks Xhaka to intentionally win a yellow before a cup match. Xhaka being Xhaka lunges into a horrible tackle, wins a red card instead, along with a three match ban. We play well in those three matches. And then he walks back into the team after the ban.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I dont think hes been particularly bad the last couple of weeks but hes not really added as much as I'd like to see.

The problem with Xhaka is that you either need a midfield that's going to enhance his strengths and mitigate his weaknesses - or you take him out of midfield. So far, pairing him with Guendouzi does nothing to solve the problem and exacerbates it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I dont think hes been particularly bad the last couple of weeks but hes not really added as much as I'd like to see.

The problem with Xhaka is that you either need a midfield that's going to enhance his strengths and mitigate his weaknesses - or you take him out of midfield. So far, pairing him with Guendouzi does nothing to solve the problem and exacerbates it.

I got to say his pass production has been steadily dropping for a few months now . The harderst trainer at the Club apparently maybe that's why he looks so stiff on match day .:lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I got to say his pass production has been steadily dropping for a few months now . The harderst trainer at the Club apparently maybe that's why he looks so stiff on match day .:lol:
I actually think that's more down to Emery. Overall we dont have as easy a time getting to the final 3rd as we used to. He isn't using his range of passing the way we know he can.

Makes you wonder what the point is!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I actually think that's more down to Emery. Overall we dont have as easy a time getting to the final 3rd as we used to. He isn't using his range of passing the way we know he can.

Makes you wonder what the point is!

Yeah in full flow he had a metronomic quality . Yeah not sure either.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Knowing Emery and Xhaka, this is what is going to happen:
Emery asks Xhaka to intentionally win a yellow before a cup match. Xhaka being Xhaka lunges into a horrible tackle, wins a red card instead, along with a three match ban. We play well in those three matches. And then he walks back into the team after the ban.
While Xhaka whispers Emery’s ear that he saw Özil partying with 40 virgins in his house and not doing his homework.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm watching Santi at 34 and I'm wondering why we couldn't have given him a year or two year rolling contract . The guy is killing it , The improvement he would make to this midfield ffs and no I wouldn't expect him to play every week ,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom