• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm watching Santi at 34 and I'm wondering why we couldn't have given him a year or two year rolling contract . The guy is killing it , The improvement he would make to this midfield ffs and no I wouldn't expect him to play every week ,.

Doubt he would make it to this age if we kept him in PL. It was killing him with injuries playing midfield here. At least I sleep better telling my self that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'm watching Santi at 34 and I'm wondering why we couldn't have given him a year or two year rolling contract . The guy is killing it , The improvement he would make to this midfield ffs and no I wouldn't expect him to play every week ,.
Miss that infectious smile as well!

"Oh the way they'll miss me when this clown is all they have there"
https://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2016/10/04/18/mesut-Özil-santi-cazorla.jpg?w968

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Didn't Pirlo and Scholes play well in their late 30's? Santi was never about pace and physicality so he should be fine. I can't blame anyone really because at the time nobody knew he would continue playing football but now it looks like a huge mistake.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Didn't Pirlo and Scholes play well in their late 30's? Santi was never about pace and physicality so he should be fine. I can't blame anyone really because at the time nobody knew he would continue playing football but now it looks like a huge mistake.

It’s impossible to predict what could have been. Anyone looks like an improvement on Xhaka and I love Santi. The truth is that it is quite possible he wouldn’t be playing so well in a league as physical as the EPL. I’m happy he could return to Spain and end his career on a high note.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
2nd time this bum has been hooked off early while Guendouzi stays on but Xhaka is the undisputed Captain. Says a lot that Emery trusts the kid over his own captain.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Shocked that he was taken off but thinking about it, I think the reason for the sub is that inevitably Xhaka would have got booked for stopping some Sheffield counter attack and he would miss the next league game. I'm sure Emery will make sure Xhaka gets booked in a PL game just before a league cup game, so that he misses that instead. Emery is truly a genius.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I think now even the regular apologists for this nothing player will defend him for the time being.
Even his biggest apologist took him off ffs

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Cons:
He's slow
He can't tackle
He concedes stupid fouls and penalties
He can't handle being pressed by the opposition
He can't take players on
He can't play with his back to the opposition
He can make very sloppy passes at times
He goes to sleep positionally

Pros:
He sometimes executes decent long passes
He has a decent shot on him

If you're going to put up with so many downsides in a player he better be elite in certain aspects of his game, Xhaka miserably fails at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom