Granit Xhaka: A Mismatch of Strengths and Weaknesses

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Trilly, May 25, 2016.

1. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

If you mean new manager at a different club in a different league, then yes, he is at the top of that list.
    Ricardinho likes this.
  2. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

aside from being a clumsy and slow as a snail, he's also extremely one footed. jack is also quite left-reliant, but he makes up for it by adding unpredictability thanks to his ball control and mobility.

Xhaka, on the other hand, puts himself and his immediate vicinity under immense pressure. our entire back 5 and the two CMs are playing with so much panic, there's no swagger left in these guys. just the inevitable feeling of yet another blunder.
  3. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner Well-Known Member

My post from the Mustafi thread.
    I remember Xhaka was a bright player with so much potential when he joined Arsenal but this club (Wenger) ruined him.
  4. Garrincha

Garrincha AM Resident Joker #2

Its a bigger stage & higher pressure to perform. Some players will step up while others wilt. Not going to be a high success rate signing mid-table players at low pressure clubs.

Putting all the blame on Wenger is easy but at some point players have to take responsibility for their individual performances. When Wenger is gone the players will be inline for the Eboue / Song treatment & x10 worse with how volatile the club is right now.

The next manager will be well aware of these performances & be looking at what changes to make. Its no guarantee the likes of Mustafi, Lacazette & especially Xhaka will even get a chance under the new guy. How many managers play with a deep lying playmaker? Few... & a number 10?.. I cant think of any.
    Big Poppa likes this.
  5. CJJ

CJJ Well-Known Member

Impressive game from this guy tonight (besides the blunder in the 93rd minute.)
  6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

His strongest performance in a while. He was steady and consistent throughout.
    Aevius likes this.
  7. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Big credit to the man today.
    say yes, Camron, Justin1986 and 2 others like this.
  8. MaraDon

MaraDon Don't Cry For Me Argentina

OSBK likes this.
  9. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

This is the player we thought we had bought. Wish he'd play like this more
  10. APierre

APierre New Member

Not suited for the Premier League, but found his level today. Good game.
  11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

Shame he's sh*t.
    American_Gooner likes this.
  12. Justin1986

Justin1986 Member

Massive performance, shows what a player he can be when his midfield partner isn’t ****ing off all game , best player on the pitch
  13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Excellent performance but that what happen when the other team give him the freedom to play from deep. In PL teams put pressure on him to stop him play from so he struggle

Until he improve his quickness and start learning he'll be the player that worth 35M we paid
    Justin1986 likes this.
  14. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

He looks like he'd be a good fit for the Italian league. I don't mean that as a backhanded complement
  15. Jury

Jury Wenger Öut

Looked half decent again against a side that gave him all day... again.

It's as if he enjoys loads of space.... :eek:
    TakeChillPill likes this.
  16. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Part Time Werder Bremen Fan

I think he would be a good fit in every other league.
    The pressing and the speed of the game is something else in the Premier League compared to the other leagues.

He did well today behind Ramsey and Wilshere. He has to be concentrated 90 minutes, win tackles and play simple passes would be a start for the PL.
  17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

No surprise it just seem he more suited in German or serie a when teams not put pressure on him I bet he will struggle in La liga where teams usually press High
    Jury likes this.
  18. Jury

Jury Wenger Öut

Yeah, he wouldnt get an easy time in Spain for sure.
  19. Mitch

Mitch Love Arsenal, Hate Ramsey

Great performance.
  20. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Great performance and I think there is a good player there somewhere. However, I still think we should sell him in the summer as he isn’t particularly suited to the league.