Granit Xhaka: Granited a New Contract

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Trilly, May 25, 2016.

1. Justin1986

Justin1986 Member

Had a feeling he would play well tonight as the Italian league would massively suit him, there’s def a decent player in there though and Ramsey actually playing with
    Him as a midfield partner helped him a lot

2. IslingtonBornandbred

IslingtonBornandbred Well-Known Member

Performance aside, taking a 40 yard shot in the last few minutes giving the ball back to Milan and then telling Wenger to "c"mon c'mon ****...." camera cut off at fu*k but you can guess the next word was "off".

Despicable behaviour. Hope he apologies and begs for forgiveness. Better performance tonight. Didn't like the reaction after the shot to be honest. Should be grounded for a week.

Jury likes this.
  3. Cudareli

Cudareli Antonio Valencia stan

Seriously, just shut up and enjoy his performance. I know it hurts people here to say him play well, particularly when they were so certain he was useless, but just enjoy what he does on the field.

Phenomenal player and a monster presence. Milan couldn't get near him all night.

ThlRama, tcahill, albakos and 3 others like this.
  4. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

He's ****ing sh!t. Craig Eastmond would have done an adequate job given the space he was given. He'll be back to being an ultra spaz against Watford on Sunday. Meet me here on Sunday at 2:20pm GMT (half time) and we'll discuss once again how sh!t he is.

LG10 and Troopz like this.
  5. Jury

It's funny, because Ramsey used to be the reason Xhaka was sh!t not so long ago. The excuses are on a conveyor belt in this thread.

6. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

Have caught up on the entire match now and his performance was pretty decent, however if Elneny put in the same performance people would still be calling him "El sideways" and saying it was a nothing performance. I think truth is somewhere in the middle, today Xhaka did the simple things well however his performance probably could have been replicated by a number of similar players who're rated a lot less than Xhaka is.

El Duderino, LG10, Troopz and 3 others like this.
  7. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

That long distance shot at the end is very hard to get past.

He played well otherwise...but stuff like that is such a glaring indicator of a player's intelligence. I won't forget that.

8. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

It's good that he played well against the sort of opposition we play once in a blue moon. Still would have preferred his fee being spent on Kante who wins you titles against the opposition we actually encounter regularly in England

9. IslingtonBornandbred

IslingtonBornandbred Well-Known Member

Don't tell me to shut up you little boy. In the current climate with people discussing Wenger and the players and their relationship this dense donut takes a 40 yard shot then dares to bite back at the manager whose protected him by constantly putting him in the team after his shambolic early red cards and 3/10 performances where at one stage he was giving our opponents assists after assists.

He had a good game for him. An average to good game in terms of what's expected of a top 6 international 35 million pound midfielder. He showed clear dissent and disrespect to Wenger after Wenger showed his frustration at the decision to shoot. Wenger should bend him over and give him the belt.

Wilshere1010, Jae and Jury like this.
  10. Justin1986

Justin1986 Member

My point was not about Ramsey playing with Xhaka but Ramsey actually knowing his position and not leaving his midfield partner stranded, he didn’t tonight and you could see the difference in xhakas game , no excuses , read it properly

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Triniboy likes this.
  11. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

I think we demand too much from our defensive midfielders though. For me if they can break up play, do some simple passes and keep the ball moving, do a decent job defending set pieces then it should be good enough. Coming up with assists on a regular basis and scoring goals every now and then should be a bonus. Remember makelele, he was known as one of the best and yet he could only do up to 20 metres passes. Had zero goals for Chelsea until he was given a penalty. Remember there 5 other players ahead of him who should be doing the creative stuff. For me if Elneny was as good as Coquelin at breaking play he would be an ideal defensive midfielder for me. Receive the ball from team mates, pass it on to the creative guys.

12. Jury

This just more of people looking for the answer to why Xhaka has been cack. We've heard it all a million times about loads of players past and present. The reason he was half decent was simply because he had more or less the freedom of the pitch from deep. AC not pressing him had nothing to do with Ramsey, and AC not pressing him is why he had an adequate game.

I would say that's just my opinion, but it's happened so many times now that it has to be much more than that. It happens literally all the time.

Wilshere1010 likes this.
  13. Jury

Exactly. All he has to seemingly do is complete more passes and not be liability in possession and he's had a blinder.... Speaks volumes about where his bar is and how much supporters actually rate him

14. Justin1986

Justin1986 Member

Your entitled to your opinion I just don’t agree that he’s cack, I’m a Xhaka fan and don’t get me wrong he’s been doing my ****ing head in lately but having Ramsey next to him and actually playing a a cm helped him and gave him more options rather than going back to the defense all the time or trying to find a non exsistent midfield who hide wen we’re not playing well, but I do agree he has to do it more in the prem otherwise people’s opinions will always be that he’s “cack”

tcahill and Jury like this.
  15. say yes

say yes To RonaldoMadness

This is a bit strong but I’ve liked it anyway because it’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone be overly-positive about Xhaka. Comfortably the most underrated player at the club.

ThlRama and Taylor Gang Gunners like this.
  16. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

The Swiss Aquilani?

Wilshere1010 and Jury like this.
  17. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Thought he was put in an almost unfuckupable (that's a word stfu) situation. Surprised Gattuso would give the only Arsenal midfielder prone to messing up under pressure loads of space to work with. Felt like he hadn't prepared at all.

It was a decent performance I guess but what did people expect when his main weakness isn't exposed? If you'd asked me whether I thought Xhaka could do well with little pressure on him in midfield, I'd obviously say yes.

18. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Was it worst that jack letting the ball run out for a goal kick and then walking back or welbeck in the final seconds running straight at the milan back 4 and toe punting from 20yrds out? There was also rambo and mhky losing the ball needlessly in much worst positions than xhaka. Then you have neny crossing twice to nobody when he could've easily took it to the corner.

The cmon bit I think is more frustration at wenger wanting to park the bus and xhaka wanting to kill the tie off with 1 more goal. Milan are very much in this tie and we missed a great chance to kill the tie.

Justin1986 likes this.
  19. Jury

I tell you what, if the proximity of Ramsey is why not only Xhaka played a bit better, but the midfield as a whole did, then I'm sure that will have been noted by Wenger and so we can expect to see something very similar more often. If this really does end up being some sort of revelation, I'll give it to you, but I can promise you it wont be!

European football has been a sanctuary for us in some poor seasons before, and this game today was merey one of those moments.

Justin1986 likes this.
  20. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

Did absolutely nothing special, got the basics right. With all the time and space he was given, this was his chance to show us his great passing range but didn't do anything.

This was a step in the right direction but there is so much room for improvement. Will never get this kind of time in the league.