• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Granit Xhaka

EeXRgG2XoAI0S9I.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Marj on a rampage with the player performance threads... I'm following you G.

Nothing to say about this guy apart from I hope Arteta realises he's a waste of space and someone nicks his place in the side. Apart from that, I'll support him and call it as fair as I can.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

t this guy apart from I hope Arteta realises he's a waste of space and someone nicks his place in the side. Apart from that, I'll support him and call it as fair as I can.
Seconded.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Another year of people being salty that he’s in the starting line-up and vastly underrating his contribution to the team.

OTOH, another year of people overreacting in response to that (me among them)

Should be a fun thread.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Think he’s consistently been an 8/10 myself and one of our most important players.

Look forward to Mikel seeing sense and giving him the armband back.
Not for me I'm afraid. I don't think he's been as bad as many other people like to claim, but I think 8 is generous. Maybe a 7 but no more than that. I've got time for him because he's a big character, rarely hurt and usually doesn't have terrible overall games, but he makes a lot of unnecessary errors and his flaws don't mitigate for them well enough. That said, I'm a huge fan of how Arteta's used him and he's seemingly more stable as a result so I don't expect him to be bad this season. I just don't think he'll be that great.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Think he’s consistently been an 8/10 myself and one of our most important players.

Look forward to Mikel seeing sense and giving him the armband back.
Do you actually believe he’s been an 8/10? A player being a consistent 8/10 for 4/5 seasons at a club is extremely rare and would put them on the WC bracket. Xhaka is no where near that.

Having said that, I expect a big season from him. We have a manager who understands how to utilise this very limited player, if we then sign someone in midfield that would further enhance it I can only expect him to improve.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not for me I'm afraid. I don't think he's been as bad as many other people like to claim, but I think 8 is generous. Maybe a 7 but no more than that. I've got time for him because he's a big character, rarely hurt and usually doesn't have terrible overall games, but he makes a lot of unnecessary errors and his flaws don't mitigate for them well enough. That said, I'm a huge fan of how Arteta's used him and he's seemingly more stable as a result so I don't expect him to be bad this season. I just don't think he'll be that great.

Arguably been our best player since Mikel has come in and like you say he’s more consistent.

Love the way he pulls the strings in midfield, very stable genius.

roz

Fake News Merchant
The ****show in here will be exciting :lol:

I predict a 6/10 season pretty much like every season since he's been here. Important, necessary, but ultimately upgradeable.
He is the ultimate 6/10 footballer.
Never before have I seen a player rack up so many 6/10 performances. The consistency is frightening

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yet his passing stats are the best in the team (by far the highest pass per game, and a very close third in pass success with 88.1%). Source: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/13/Show/England-Arsenal
My next door neighbours 18 year old, blind, castrated staffordshire bull terrier would at least match 88% pass completion if all it had to do was role passes 10 yards backwards and square every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom