• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think a 3 yr jail sentence was okay'ish punishment for breaking the rules. However, after serving it, he should be not punished further and have same rights and privileges as any other person.

Xhaka showed the booing fans the middle finger...and he was right to do so. He didnt give the online abuse as an excuse, but pointed out how the abuse culture has become worth hating and calling out.

If a mcdonalds staff showed a lout yelling abuse the middle finger, i'm on their side.
No one said Xhaka doesn't have the right to do so. Xhaka has the right to react and fans have the right to boo and also react to Xhaka's reaction. Fans also have the right to do what is within their power to kick him out of the club.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
No one said Xhaka doesn't have the right to do so. Xhaka has the right to react and fans have the right to boo and also react to Xhaka's reaction. Fans also have the right to do what is within their power to kick him out of the club.
nopes....fans dont have the right to abuse. they should be subject to the laws that prohibit abuse, slander, violent behaviour and hate speech.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rehabilitation or reeducation... however you want to call it. That's the answer. A proper support system needs to be in place, on an individual level to suit the person's needs. Not prison.

Oh boy.

This is a tricky subject you’ve delved into. Those who persistently use positions of power in society to exploit the most vulnerable are a different breed.

Being a humanitarian and practicing forgiveness doesn’t mean you don’t hold people accountable for wilful wrongdoing. I agree the prison system needs reform, and I’m not advocating just locking people away for eternity but that’s a different debate.

Most are still capable of change. But you must accept there are some special individuals who persistently refuse to do so - they habitually lie, cheat, manipulate, gaslight their way through life and feel a pathological need to inflict harm to others. They are very dangerous, they are ill and they need help. Only medical and spiritual intervention can save such people.

All manner of rehabilitation and reeducation has been attempted and failed.

Anyways massive digression, but always keep the victims and their families in mind.

roz

Fake News Merchant
You sound like one of those who excuses racists by saying every country has racists. Racism has to be stopped, whether it's one person who is guilty of it or 1 million. But at the same time, so must all other forms of abuse. Racism is not the only form of abuse. We are making great efforts in the fight against racial discrimination in society in recent times and I am a supporter of that. But one form of abuse should not be favoured over others. Every form of abuse needs equal attention. They are all bad. We must reeducate everyone to learn the wrongs of being abusive.

Locking them up's not the answer. As a matter of fact I disagree with a permanent ban on attending football matches for those accused of racism. Reeducation is the answer. It would be a cost to the taxpayer but it would benefit society greatly.
How does me saying abuse happens in most workplaces have anything to do with racism?
You just used a completely different topic of discussion to sway from what we were discussing.

You sound like a *****.

Manberg

Predator
How does me saying abuse happens in most workplaces have anything to do with racism?
You just used a completely different topic of discussion to sway from what we were discussing.

You sound like a *****.

Because it’s one form of abuse and I made a comparison. Name calling for the purpose of making someone feel bad is another form - psychological abuse. Also unacceptable.

Manberg

Predator
Oh boy.

This is a tricky subject you’ve delved into. Those who persistently use positions of power in society to exploit the most vulnerable are a different breed.

Being a humanitarian and practicing forgiveness doesn’t mean you don’t hold people accountable for wilful wrongdoing. I agree the prison system needs reform, and I’m not advocating just locking people away for eternity but that’s a different debate.

Most are still capable of change. But you must accept there are some special individuals who persistently refuse to do so - they habitually lie, cheat, manipulate, gaslight their way through life and feel a pathological need to inflict harm to others. They are very dangerous, they are ill and they need help. Only medical and spiritual intervention can save such people.

All manner of rehabilitation and reeducation has been attempted and failed.

Anyways massive digression, but always keep the victims and their families in mind.

Everyone is capable of change, and it they don’t change then it speaks negatively of the support offered, not the individual.

More importantly however you need to get rid of the factors and influences that influence individuals to make mistakes and bad decisions in the first place.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I don't believe anyone in the world is deserving of such bad names, including Jimmy Savile. They are only fellow human beings who have been impressioned into making bad decisions, however varied and quantifiable those bad decisions are.

I'm not sure how to even reply to this. I know people can have different opinions than our own but I will be surprised if there is even a single person on AM who agrees with a word you have written in that paragraph. I just hope I'm never part of a society that thinks the likes of Jimmy Savile or Josef Fritzl don't deserve name calling let alone prison.

Manberg

Predator
I'm not sure how to even reply to this. I know people can have different opinions than our own but I will be surprised if there is even a single person on AM who agrees with a word you have written in that paragraph. I just hope I'm never part of a society that thinks the likes of Jimmy Savile or Josef Fritzl don't deserve name calling let alone prison.

I question why my opinions are often unpopular. I can only point to human nature. I only see the good in people (character wise). I see the bad as a dark cloud that can be fixed in order to become good.
Most people judge others by the bad, and either forget or block out the good. For example, many will no doubt have forgotten what a talented footballer Adam Johnson is/was, or his charitable work but instead remember him for being a “n*nce”. Such views are what I can’t fathom.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I question why my opinions are often unpopular. I can only point to human nature. I only see the good in people (character wise). I see the bad as a dark cloud that can be fixed in order to become good.
Most people judge others by the bad, and either forget or block out the good. For example, many will no doubt have forgotten what a talented footballer Adam Johnson is/was, or his charitable work but instead remember him for being a “n*nce”. Such views are what I can’t fathom.
:rofl:

roz

Fake News Merchant
Where do you live? Disneyland or what?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You’re prepared to overlook how a treated his pregnant wife and a vulnerable minor because of his football talent and charity work?

I’m glad I’m not the only one who appears to be missing something here.

One of the strangest posts I’ve ever read on AM

Manberg

Predator
You’re prepared to overlook how a treated his pregnant wife and a vulnerable minor because of his football talent and charity work?

I’m glad I’m not the only one who appears to be missing something here.

One of the strangest posts I’ve ever read on AM

Are you suggesting that his lengthy incarceration satisfies them?
That’s more disrespectful to victims. Makes them out to be filled with hate and the need for revenge, which I doubt very much.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Are you suggesting that his lengthy incarceration satisfies them?
That’s more disrespectful to victims. Makes them out to be filled with hate and the need for revenge, which I doubt very much.

I’m asking why you think his football ability and charity work bears any relevance whatsoever to his true character.

I’ve never offered an opinion on his sentence.

Manberg

Predator
I’m asking why you think his football ability and charity work bears any relevance whatsoever to his true character.

I’ve never offered an opinion on his sentence.

In which case I misunderstood your meaning, because from your post I thought you were suggesting that I don’t care about victims.

Being a role model as a footballer and his charity work are good deeds he worked hard on for many years and stand for a lot more than the few mistakes or bad decisions he did that led to his incarceration and the damage to his reputation.

Maybe I only see the good in people but don’t you at least balance things out in a list rather than judging people by the worst deed(s) they’ve committed?

For example... helped and inspired many thousands and possibly millions of people through being a footballer, role model and through charity work versus one mistake of grooming an underage girl one day.

Last edited:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Hes looking very poor lately and again today. Take a pass... if he has space and time he will wait 4-5 seconds then pass it 5 yards to the centreback. Centreback must then move the ball forward... it boggles the mind why he is in the team

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Hes looking very poor lately and again today. Take a pass... if he has space and time he will wait 4-5 seconds then pass it 5 yards to the centreback. Centreback must then move the ball forward... it boggles the mind why he is in the team

He's good when well protected behind, because he is slow.

We know this about him and must not forget about it. His role must be upgraded on ASAP. The fact that he still plays such an important role for the team is the real problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom