• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Xhaka and Jorginho are some of the reasons why Arsenal and Chelsea have lost their edge as the biggest clubs in London. Ffs imagine going from Vieira and Petit and Makekele and Essien to Xhaka and Cellabos and Jorginho and Kovavic. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Why do you think we bought Partey in the summer and Chelsea were desperate for Rice?
Sp**s know the drill, none of that Harry Winks nonsense. Nope they have a powerful midfield with Ndombele and Holjberg.
And I can tell you don't watch much football because the best DLP this season has been Gundogan of City. He's been immense and has made Rodri look like a footballer again. But of course, you like mediocrity so I wouldn't expect you to rate Gundogan highly.

When I watch City I’ve often seen Gundogan as a box to box. The one I forgot about in my analysis was Rodri, who’s also very good.
You don’t compare Xhaka to Vieira. Compare him to the likes of Alonso and Pirlo. Judge him by his pass accuracy, interceptions, possession won, long ball attempts and accuracy etc. All of which you will find that Xhaka excels at. I could post stats but you’d just ignore them.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Very simple analysis from your side really. If he was world class, you'd be able to convince a lot of people just because the player would pass the general eye test. Unfortunately he often doesn't.

It depends on the eye. I see a top quality midfielder. Most don’t. Reason being that most don’t see the worth of the little intricacies of Xhaka’s play. All they see is dribbles, assists and goals etc. They see Xhaka passing backwards and call it useless. Not understanding that each backwards or sideways pass has an important use. Xhaka’s football is like chess, but most people want to see ping pong.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
When I watch City I’ve often seen Gundogan as a box to box. The one I forgot about in my analysis was Rodri, who’s also very good.
You don’t compare Xhaka to Vieira. Compare him to the likes of Alonso and Pirlo. Judge him by his pass accuracy, interceptions, possession won, long ball attempts and accuracy etc. All of which you will find that Xhaka excels at. I could post stats but you’d just ignore them.

Why not judge him on his errors leading to a goal? Or his love to unnecessarily slide into a challenge?

Comparing him to Pirlo :lol:. If we had Pirlo and Partey we'd have the best midfield in the world.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
It depends on the eye. I see a top quality midfielder. Most don’t. Reason being that most don’t see the worth of the little intricacies of Xhaka’s play. All they see is dribbles, assists and goals etc. They see Xhaka passing backwards and call it useless. Not understanding that each backwards or sideways pass has an important use. Xhaka’s football is like chess, but most people want to see ping pong.

But then if most people don't see a top quality midfielder, they would probably be right. Or is it that everyone is an idiot footballing wise and you are a excellent tactician?

I don't judge a deep lying midfielder like Xhaka on goals or assists. I do see that he has an excellent pass, looks forward often and is physically very good. But I also see that he's rash and loses the ball often in dangerous positions. He is very high in errors leading to goals statistics. Then again, I'm probably not going to convince you, just like you aren't going to convince anyone else in this topic about Xhaka. So who cares. Let's hope he does well.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Guys, I know it in my heart that we can upgrade on Xhaka and that it's time for both parties to love on.

Thats all that matters.

novar

Really solid performance, saw a shaky back four and went for the kill

Should have had 2 assists really

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So frustrating because he'll put in performances like this but you just know there's a disaster around the corner. Hopefully that's not vs United tho, in fairness he usually puts Pogba on a leash.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Very good again tonight. We need to open contract talks with him, he's the type of player that will keep getting better with age IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom