• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Switzerland’s schedule:

Wednesday: Croatia (h)
Saturday: Spain (a)
Tuesday: Germany (h)

That’s brutal. Doubly so for their captain.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Arsenal play their best football when this Swiss Cheese isn’t playing, there’s no way Xhaka would have made that run Elneny made for Saka’s goal. As soon as he comes on we concede and lose control. I’m not worried though, sooner or later, Xhaka will do what he does best and ruin things for everyone else but this time Arteta will have enough of him. Here’s hoping.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Arsenal play their best football when this Swiss Cheese isn’t playing, there’s no way Xhaka would have made that run Elneny made for Saka’s goal. As soon as he comes on we concede and lose control. I’m not worried though, sooner or later, Xhaka will do what he does best and ruin things for everyone else but this time Arteta will have enough of him. Here’s hoping.

Tough to know where Arteta sees Xhaka but the fact hes been looking for midfielders would suggest not in the first 11.

Manberg

Predator

:lol: Xhaka made runs like that against Fulham. Blaming Xhaka for conceding the goal is stupid.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Imagine blaming anyone for that goal besides maybe Tierney :lol:

From memory I'd blame Luiz for not getting out quick enough, not sure what Xhaka was doing but it was probably the zone he was meant to be in, I would like to see it again though before I start pointing fingers. Tierney is going to be beaten every now and again if you can even call that being beaten.

blaze_of_glory

From memory I'd blame Luiz for not getting out quick enough, not sure what Xhaka was doing but it was probably the zone he was meant to be in, I would like to see it again though before I start pointing fingers. Tierney is going to be beaten every now and again if you can even call that being beaten.
Yeah I don't really think anyone should be blamed too harshly for it, it was a great shot. Could always have been closed down better but those kind of goals are going to happen.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Playing devil's advocate, Tierney should have closed down. Luiz was nowhere. Leno was too far to his left. Xhaka gets the blame for a clearance that Pepe lost to the defender (no chance for Pepe) that started the counter from which they scored. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does vs Spain and Germany especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom