• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Right, and the stats tell you if he was instructed to play it that way, or if we are defending too much so our team spends more time in our own half, does playing from the back increase the number of passes in our own half, do we have enough players in the attack willing to receive the ball... The list can go on and on, there is not much you can read from a cherry picked stat like this. I'm not defending the player, I'm just saying we should consider more things whats going on around this team. Xhaka has been on and off from the team without any difference in results or the way we play

Totally disagree with us not playing differently with or without him but we can disagree and that's fine. You're not being disingenuous or dogmatic and give rational arguments :D

Godwin1

Very well-known
Right, and the stats tell you if he was instructed to play it that way, or if we are defending too much so our team spends more time in our own half, does playing from the back increase the number of passes in our own half, do we have enough players in the attack willing to receive the ball... The list can go on and on, there is not much you can read from a cherry picked stat like this. I'm not defending the player, I'm just saying we should consider more things whats going on around this team. Xhaka has been on and off from the team without any difference in results or the way we play
Actually I think it does point to something discussed earlier in the thread in that Luiz is our main outlet from the back which has changed since Arteta has arrived. I just don't think he trusts him.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Huge, huge problem for us in midfield and seriously affects the way we play. At this point though I cant blame him alone. Have to blame the managers who keep playing him consistently. We've tried every system and given him multiple partners in an effort to 'get the best out of him' and I am yet to see any benefits. He's cost us top 4 and kept us out of it since. Should have never played for us again after what happened with the fans and him throwing the armband and the shirt. But again, thats on the managers. We're going NOWHERE with him as a constant.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The hill that took two managers is well on its way to take third victim. If Mikel chooses this hill, who are we to stop him?
I must admit that I agree. If a manager is stupid enough to start Xhaka in the PL, when there are other options, so be it. If Arteta wants to die on this hill, let him do it. If that is the case I will have no sympathy whatsoever. Since Xhaka joined we have been going in one direction and that is downwards. I cannot wait for him to finally leave! :mad:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I must admit that I agree. If a manager is stupid enough to start Xhaka in the PL, when there are other options, so be it. If Arteta wants to die on this hill, let him do it. If that is the case I will have no sympathy whatsoever. Since Xhaka joined we have been going in one direction and that is downwards. I cannot wait for him to finally leave! :mad:
The guy has contract till 2023. Unless a manager is decisive and sees him for a fraud he is, there is no way he is going to leave. Even the only suitors Hertha seem to be happy with Guendouzi now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
18 out of 20 passing on FM...

tenor.gif

...tbf to him though, it will be Willian that gets Arteta sacked not Xhaka.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The guy has contract till 2023. Unless a manager is decisive and sees him for a fraud he is, there is no way he is going to leave. Even the only suitors Hertha seem to be happy with Guendouzi now.
With our handling of players and their contracts we get what we deserve. Guendouzi has 10 times the upside of Xhaka and he is the one we move on loan and keep this piece of ****. If Arteta thinks this is the way to build a winning squad so be it. We will suffer for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom