• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Manberg disguising himself like
d8olasr-d41ed9e4-dc6d-43ee-910f-7977e4e65d2b.png

Impact

Established Member
I want to see the Xhaka/Partey pivot so we finally know if it works or not. Like you, I think a more mobile partner for Partey will work better. The problem is that he's too scared to play forward more often despite having a good pass in him. If he does that, the position is his until Guendouzi or a new player comes in.

Agreed except for the bolded. I don't think Partey is scared - I think he is simply adjusting to a new team. Progressive passing is actually one of his best attributes.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Agreed except for the bolded. I don't think Partey is scared - I think he is simply adjusting to a new team. Progressive passing is actually one of his best attributes.
Sorry. I was referring to Xhaka mot Partey. I've followed Partey's entirely career at AM apart from the last year. He's very complete.

Man of the match tonight. The amount of times he got us within the edge of the box was awesome. Some great tackles too, two crucial tackles against Zaha in the box.

also not his fault he had with AMN and Auba the probably WORST LEFT side of the league at the moment.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
That performance was Xhaka in a nutshell. Overall a good game but some crazy moments as always. Gave away a silly free kick when they hit the bar, some awful passes and give aways which we were lucky not to get punished for. But had some huge tackles and blocks too that saved us from conceding, always involved and left his heart on the pitch.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Had to make some Hollywood tackles due his lack of pace but he pulled of most of em tbf. Some erratic moments & average offensively as usual. No point in saying the obvious stuff as I expect the minimum from him

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Man of the match tonight. The amount of times he got us within the edge of the box was awesome. Some great tackles too, two crucial tackles against Zaha in the box.

also not his fault he had with AMN and Auba the probably WORST LEFT side of the league at the moment.
Agree he was probably man of the match. But I can’t but feel it’s another false positive. He’s been great the last few games but tonight he was back to taking sooo long to get the ball forward (Ceballos too) that Palace can close the middle and then we’re stuck trying to attack down the flanks. He also takes extremely few risks in his passing. The result is actually devastating for us and we won’t be able to progress until he and Dani are replaced

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Agreed that he was probably the best of a bad bunch tonight, although Ceballos had a decent first half. Think Xhaka missed having Tierney outside him though.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree he was probably man of the match. But I can’t but feel it’s another false positive. He’s been great the last few games but tonight he was back to taking sooo long to get the ball forward (Ceballos too) that Palace can close the middle and then we’re stuck trying to attack down the flanks. He also takes extremely few risks in his passing. The result is actually devastating for us and we won’t be able to progress until he and Dani are replaced

!!

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Agreed that he was probably the best of a bad bunch tonight, although Ceballos had a decent first half. Think Xhaka missed having Tierney outside him though.

Massively, was much less fluid linking up with AMN than he is with Tierney. And the times he got AMN the ball to go through AMN really didn't do anything with it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Massively, was much less fluid linking up with AMN. And the times he got AMN the ball to go through AMN really didn't do anything with it.
Yeah I remember one occasion he tried that through ball similar to Newcastle but AMN was cutting inside rather than down the edge of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom