• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
When we play high up in the field and dominate a game he is usually pretty good. He can pick a pass like the one to Pepe, positiosn himself well to pick up poor passes and clearences thereby maintaining pressure and his inevitable fouls isn`t a worry as it`s far away from our goal.

When it`s the other way around and we are sufering from a high press and forced deep, he usually struggles. Keeps passing sideways and backwards because he can`t beat the press, loses the ball in dangerous postions and gives away fouls in dangerous areas.

His partnership with Partey looks promising though. Dare I say that there are some similarities with the Vieira/Petit parternship even though they will obviously never reach that level.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
When we play high up in the field and dominate a game he is usually pretty good. He can pick a pass like the one to Pepe, positiosn himself well to pick up poor passes and clearences thereby maintaining pressure and his inevitable fouls isn`t a worry as it`s far away from our goal.

When it`s the other way around and we are sufering from a high press and forced deep, he usually struggles. Keeps passing sideways and backwards because he can`t beat the press, loses the ball in dangerous postions and gives away fouls in dangerous areas.

His partnership with Partey looks promising though. Dare I say that there are some similarities with the Vieira/Petit parternship even though they will obviously never reach that level.

Passing backwards is the most straightforward way to avoid a high press. He passes backwards and then the defender passes to someone in space.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
Not when, as Xhaka often does, you play a pass that puts your teammate under pressure immidately.

Then it’s the fault of the teammate, not moving into space or releasing the ball quickly. We pass out the back to escape the press for a reason. Xhaka’s comfortable at it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Then it’s the fault of the teammate, not moving into space or releasing the ball quickly. We pass out the back to escape the press for a reason. Xhaka’s comfortable at it.

You're Xhaka's biggest fan on here and you're criticising other players for not moving into space or releasing the ball quickly. You've jumped the shark mate :lol:

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
You're Xhaka's biggest fan on here and you're criticising other players for not moving into space or releasing the ball quickly. You've jumped the shark mate :lol:

Everyone needs to move into space and pass to escape the press. Xhaka does it well. This is the plan against a high press:

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Everyone needs to move into space and pass to escape the press. Xhaka does it well. This is the plan against a high press:

He really doesn't. Xhaka is more susceptible to the high press than virtually anyone else in our squad. His lack of mobility and the need to take multiple touches on the ball before releasing it is why he gets in trouble so often. After 4.5 years I don't see how anyone can deny it. Opposition teams often specifically target him when he's on the ball.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
He really doesn't. Xhaka is more susceptible to the high press than virtually anyone else in our squad. His lack of mobility and the need to take multiple touches on the ball before releasing it is why he gets in trouble so often. After 4.5 years I don't see how anyone can deny it. Opposition teams often specifically target him when he's on the ball.

I rarely recall Xhaka making such mistakes. He probably makes one mistake in 20 games and you have it stuck in your head.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I rarely recall Xhaka making such mistakes. He probably makes one mistake in 20 games and you have it stuck in your head.

We're obviously watching different matches then.

Saying Xhaka struggles when closed down and put under pressure is like saying Messi is a good dribbler. It's about as close to an objective fact as you can get in football.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭

It’s true he rarely makes mistakes. The only player who makes less mistakes than him is every other player in the league.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
We're obviously watching different matches then.

Saying Xhaka struggles when closed down and put under pressure is like saying Messi is a good dribbler. It's about as close to an objective fact as you can get in football.

No, you’re just watching Xhaka with your agenda glasses on.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
What are his mistake stats for this season?

Mistakes leading to goals this season is 0. Same as last season. That’s a clear stat on the premier league website.

Apart from that what specific stat do you mean? Dribbled past or dispossession stats? His pass accuracy is always very high. Technically, high pass accuracy means few mistakes with his passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom