• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

No, you’re just watching Xhaka with your agenda glasses on.

irony noun (OPPOSITE RESULT)

a situation in which something which was intended to have a particular result has the opposite or a very different result:

Example:

The irony (of it) is that "manberg" made a comment about "Blood on the Tracks" watching Xhaka with agenda glasses on, when it is "manberg" doing this very thing.

That aside I did think Xhaka was quite good against Southampton tbh. I don't know if I'll ever be fully convinced with him though.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought he was very good again today. His positioning has improved so much, always seems to be in the right place now defensively. His passing was very secure as well, some good balls through to ESR.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Very very good, one of the best i've seen him today. Such a shame Partey was awful because we should of won that with Xhaka's performance.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Looked confident, very good game. Defensively strong and even carried the ball out of defence a couple of times.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Had a good game defensively. But I don't remember him playing that many forward passes. He was back to sideways and backward passes whenever he was pressed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes overall good performance in both areas of pitch. I hate the ways sometimes he pass it backward when we close to manutd box but i guess this is just the manager instructions

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Since he joined he has been our most important player.

I thought he was terrible in his first two seasons to be honest. He started improving in 18/19 playing next to Ramsey in that 343. He struggled when Emery switched back to a back 4, but since Arteta's come in he's been really solid.

Players lile him always improve with age.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Since he joined he has been our most important player.

Posts he doesnt "get" ESR. Then posts this drivel.

troll-hero.png

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
I thought he was terrible in his first two seasons to be honest. He started improving in 18/19 playing next to Ramsey in that 343. He struggled when Emery switched back to a back 4, but since Arteta's come in he's been really solid.

Players lile him always improve with age.

You thought wrong. Xhaka has been a great player for us since he joined. A few big mistakes in a year doesn’t change that. He has got better but to say he was “terrible” in his first two seasons is laughable.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You thought wrong. Xhaka has been a great player for us since he joined. A few big mistakes in a year doesn’t change that. He has got better but to say he was “terrible” in his first two seasons is laughable.

I didn't. His positioning was poor and gave the ball away in stupid areas, although he did have some good performances sprinkled in there. Hence why we got absolutely slaughtered on transitions in 16/17 and especially 17/18.

He's improved massively on those two things so credit to him.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Arteta turning Xhaka into prime Pirlo is deserving of a lifetime achievement award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom