• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

Hilarious that people still cannot give him the credit he deserves, he is a monster and we are lucky to (still) have him.
Xhaka makes one mistake in like 10 games while putting in one MOTM performance after another, meh not good enough.
Partey had like one good game all season while giving away the ball left and right, silence.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Hilarious that people still cannot give him the credit he deserves, he is a monster and we are lucky to (still) have him.
Xhaka makes one mistake in like 10 games while putting in one MOTM performance after another, meh not good enough.
Partey had like one good game all season while giving away the ball left and right, silence.
To be fair we don't have 5 years of Partey performances with us to judge him on. Xhaka's previous seasons play means it'll take a lot of time for people to ever come round to him despite him having some really solid games this season.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

To be fair we don't have 5 years of Partey performances with us to judge him on. Xhaka's previous seasons play means it'll take a lot of time for people to ever come round to him despite him having some really solid games this season.
He played well against Leicester in the end. But he was also together with Willian partly at fault at the 1st goal. Playing next to Partey clearly helps him a lot. So let’s not go overboard with praise. He had some good interceptions towards the end though. So well done for that.

Kysus

Xhaka has always been a very good player, just has been used as scapegoat for the team not working as a unit.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He played well against Leicester in the end. But he was also together with Willian partly at fault at the 1st goal. Playing next to Partey clearly helps him a lot. So let’s not go overboard with praise. He had some good interceptions towards the end though. So well done for that.
Oh yeah he's always going to have mistakes in him, don't think that will ever go away. I'll personally never be his biggest fan but I can also recognise that he's better than the likes of Elneny or Ceballos. Being paired with Partey can only help him as well.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Oh yeah he's always going to have mistakes in him, don't think that will ever go away. I'll personally never be his biggest fan but I can also recognise that he's better than the likes of Elneny or Ceballos. Being paired with Partey can only help him as well.
Honestly not sure he is better than Ceballos and Elneny but that isn’t that high a bar to pass.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Honestly not sure he is better than Ceballos and Elneny but that isn’t that high a bar to pass.
Well considering the fee we paid for him that's a fair enough opinion and this season shouldn't mask how poor he's been over the years either but Arteta seems to love him so I guess he'll be here for the foreseeable future.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Well considering the fee we paid for him that's a fair enough opinion and this season shouldn't mask how poor he's been over the years either but Arteta seems to love him so I guess he'll be here for the foreseeable future.
Let's see what the summer brings. I for one hope we can move him on and bring in a better replacement. And if AMN learns under Big Sam maybe he is an alternative. At least Big Sam will drill him defensively.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

While Manberg does go overboard with things all the time to prove a point(and then loses himself in it) he seems to be one of the few that understand football on a deeper level.
While I agree with the first part of that statement I don't with the latter part, but be that as it may. Okay to think Xhaka did fine today.

Scottish_Gooner.

I have been critical of Xhaka and still am, even though he has been playing good with Partey. We need another top CM if we want to compete. Put it simply, there are to many players that are not good enough to get Arsenal challenging for the league again. He is one.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He's the most beautiful player we have and he should start with Partey. Intelligent, sensual, sexually attractive, good passer, good positioning, and good chance creation

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
While Manberg does go overboard with things all the time to prove a point(and then loses himself in it) he seems to be one of the few that understand football on a deeper level.
Trust me, he doesn’t. His understanding is surface level at most. There are loads more who get football more than him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Xhaka has had a decent personal season, but so much has happened over the years people are understandably weary or don't take to him. Xhaka/his fans have to accept this.

Myself I gave up on him early in his Arsenal career but currently he passes my eye and stats test. Over a sustained period too (Chelsea onwards), I have no complaints.

You just know a moment of madness from him is just around the corner though, that's what stops me from outright saying he's the guy.

We need a CM this summer, not necessarily because of Xhaka, but more so we see less Elneny and assuming we won't keep Ceballos.

Kysus

It's weird that Xhaka has never been allowed any mistakes at all, what the hell?
Even if he had 100% passing completion, with the majority of the them progressive passes forward, won the ball back 10x, people would still complain that he didn't go past6 players on his own while wrestling a Guerilla.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It's weird that Xhaka has never been allowed any mistakes at all, what the hell?
Even if he had 100% passing completion, with the majority of the them progressive passes forward, won the ball back 10x, people would still complain that he didn't go past6 players on his own while wrestling a Guerilla.
That’s nonsense. He’s been overindulged than any other Arsenal player in this current team. In his first two seasons, many were forgiving for his mistakes because we still believed he was adjusting to the rigour of the Premier League; however, those mistakes are now realised to be a part of his makeup. It was even him who gave away the goal for Tielemanns to score and no one really got angry about it because this is who Xhaka is. So I don’t really know what you’re saying.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He has the record for most errors leading to goal by non-GK. And this count doesn't include penalties conceded and red cards. Tbf, the errors leading to goal count was stagnant after Arteta came in. Then he messed up again yesterday to increase the count to 8.
Not even 5 full seasons completed and he already has 3 reds, 5 penalties conceded and 8 errors leading to goal just in PL. These are pretty bad stats for a player who is just about average. We can't afford to carry him and his mistakes if we are looking to get back to top 4. Have him on bench and rotate? Sure. Regular starter? Definitely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom