• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Xhaka always has good games, never in doubt. I rarely see Xhaka have a bad game.

tenor.gif

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Played some good passes, relatively solid but I just cannot stand it when he has the time and space to turn but his head is down and he passes the ball backwards. It's a flaw that just seems cannot be fixed. We can really up the tempo so much in that area of the pitch

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Played some good passes, relatively solid but I just cannot stand it when he has the time and space to turn but his head is down and he passes the ball backwards. It's a flaw that just seems cannot be fixed. We can really up the tempo so much in that area of the pitch
Did you ever watch how Spain/Barcelona/Bayern/City plays?

They pass the ball around and keep possession.

If it’s a sideway pass/a backwards pass, it’s alright, it's good. Be patient until you find the opportunity to play a forward pass.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Did you ever watch how Spain/Barcelona/Bayern/City plays?

They pass the ball around and keep possession.

If it’s a sideway pass/a backwards pass, it’s alright, it's good. Be patient until you find the opportunity to play a forward pass.
I'm not against sideways and backwards passing. I'm talking about those moments where he in acres of space but he isn't aware of it because he hasn't looked over his shoulder. Also his one-footed-ness doesn't help. He is a good distributor when he is facing the right way.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka under Arteta isn't a bad proposition. Not sure we'll ever leave 3 ATB with him here but perhaps with some other midfield addition.

He's improved dramatically from his worst period

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
xhaka really made all the haters eat crow. Amazing what real talent and real toughness can do.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Out of all the groups of haters on this forum (Özil, Laca etc) the Xhaka haters are the ones who take the most Ls, it's sad to see.

No one has been “no ones safe”’d on Xhaka yet. But it’s hard to deny that everyone looks better under Arteta.

There have been so many Ws for the antiXhaka group in the past several years, are you kidding? lol

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I get that Xhaka looks decent now. He was solid today and under Arteta in general. You guys revising his history are ridiculous though.

I’ve never been specifically antiXhaka. It’s this revisionism that is a bit disgusting to me.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This and the Özil really are the homes of the baby crew. More forum warriors than Arsenal fans.

If you rate a player just be happy that he is playing better. Don’t try to rewrite history or go over the top with every average performance. Really doesn’t put you in a great light.

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
This and the Özil really are the homeS of the baby crew. More forum warriors than Arsenal fans.

If you rate a player just be happy that he is playing better. Don’t try to rewrite history or go over the top with every average performance. Really doesn’t put you in a great light.

And there we are again with calling people that defend Xhaka *Not Arsenal Fans*. Yeah, you're on a sooooo much higher moral ground.

Pathetic.

And I'll say Xhaka has improved (Under Arteta his tackeling most of all) BUT he has done a lot of those things before as well. No historical revisionism about that.. His stats (which by the way hilariously get ignored or ripped apart every time they get brought up) support that. Except before a lot of the work he's done got ignored or went by unnoticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom