• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
That’s an illusion. Liverpool dropped deeper I saw it with my own eyes.
Bro, are you alright?
How can you say Liverpool dropped off deeper when they scored a goal in the 80th minute from a high press. If you read the post match comments Klopp clearly states how a high line was used to maintain pressure throughout the game. At the dying embers of the game, Cellabos evaded a press and passed the ball over the top to Auba, in which he tried to set up Eddie. I remember that vividly. So either you're lying it your memory is poor.

Manberg

Predator
That is our "press resistant" Xhaka for you... His major limitations in one clip. Ball played to his right foot and he simply cannot control it with that foot and instead must take it with his left, which is closer to the press in this case causing the panic. At least it didn't lead to a goal. There are some pluses...

Xhaka had no option to pass to anyone, with either feet. It would‘ve been intercepted.

Manberg

Predator
Bro, are you alright?
How can you say Liverpool dropped off deeper when they scored a goal in the 80th minute from a high press. If you read the post match comments Klopp clearly states how a high line was used to maintain pressure throughout the game. At the dying embers of the game, Cellabos evaded a press and passed the ball over the top to Auba, in which he tried to set up Eddie. I remember that vividly. So either you're lying it your memory is poor.

Between the 45th and the 82nd minute they dropped off. You would’ve seen our midfield have a lot more time on the ball, further up the pitch. Pool went back to pressing after their subs.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I still think @Manberg is trolling us with the 'Xhaka is press resistant' and 'Bayern, Madrid, and Barça would be in for his signature' comments. They're the two wackiest things I've read on this forum or maybe on the internet in general, and I've read a lot of wacky things about Maitland-Niles or Emery on this forum and on the internet.
Earlier sometime he explained that he is on a one man crusade on behalf of Xhaka, as fans were too mean to our pressure resistant DLP non par excellence. Any critique against Xhaka can only be based on a base hidden agenda. So it isn't trolling, it is misguided good intentions.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Xhaka had no option to pass to anyone, with either feet. It would‘ve been intercepted.
I'm being nostalgic but I'd back Cesc, Rosicky or Cazorla to do better in that situation. You're right about the limited passing options but Xhaka himself didn't move in the compressed space and demand the ball to give a team mate an option. Only Luiz and Ceballos did that. I thought Xhaka looked a bit stressed tonight. Arteta has cranked up the pressure on them all for sure.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

:lol: Whatever mate!

Honestly, don't invest too much love into Xhaka. Think that he was benched at halftime today wasn't a coincident. If I were you I'd wait to see how the season progresses. Can easily see Elneny taking Xhaka's spot being more athletic and mobile.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm being nostalgic

OIP.9u5a_dJUdxRAbZZm3HtBsAHaFb

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Bellerin ****ed him there tbf. But I see your point. :lol:

Not saying Xhaka is Busquets but a good press will always be effective. I remember the first few mins of Liverpool v City, they were both pressing each other into mistakes until the game settled.
He fvcked himself. Why is he going back there taking the press with him unto Luiz? He should have past Keita more into the midfield area. Either Keita moves with him freeing up space for Luiz to get the ball or he would actually be free if Keita doesnt move.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There were a few positives that come out of last night’s game, but the biggest one is this guys deficiencies were highlighted in no uncertain way, and the path forward for this team has hopefully been made clearer.
He cleared away one cross and started to shout and point to his teammates, and I was only waiting for Gary Neville to do his usual bs of how big of a leader Xhaka is to this team.
Turns out that his sub didn't shout much, but can actually play football instead, which was something refreshing for my eyes. I guess football is a bit more than shouting and pointing

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He cleared away one cross and started to shout and point to his teammates, and I was only waiting for Gary Neville to do his usual bs of how big of a leader Xhaka is to this team.
Turns out that his sub didn't shout much, but can actually play football instead, which was something refreshing for my eyes. I guess football is a bit more than shouting and pointing
I’ve noticed he chooses his moments to shout and point, and it’s usually when they are trying to play it out from the back and everything is obvious. He’s not as shouty and pointy when we’re on the back foot and he’s running towards our goal. Never saw him shout or point to Kola to get closer when West Ham countered us for the goal last week. Total fraud.

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I can totally see why some people see him as a leader. His shouting and pointing does work when he is playing alongside kids. But you can't get away with that over here by just shouting and pointing at others while doing nothing as a player himself. His so-called leadership qualities are only useful if he is playing for relegation fodder or a bunch of players lower than his level.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Weirdly last night I thought was a big sign that it's possible if we sign A+P or even one that it may be Xhaka who makes way. I remember the narrative that when Xhaka doesn't play we're much worse but for Arteta to keep Elneny on over him was bizarre.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bellerin ****ed him there tbf. But I see your point. :lol:

Not saying Xhaka is Busquets but a good press will always be effective. I remember the first few mins of Liverpool v City, they were both pressing each other into mistakes until the game settled.

Not sure about that. Whenever we played Sp**s we’d target Tom Huddlestone. Pressing Luka Modric was a waste of time.

Xhaka can neither press effectively nor beat a press. It’s a damning combination for someone in his role.

Manberg

Predator
Xhaka can handle a press by most teams. Liverpool’s press yesterday was a different kind of press. They were tight on Xhaka at all times and didn’t allow him any space. It was their game plan. It speaks volumes for Xhaka’s quality that they focus on him like that. Nevertheless, let’s not pretend like he was one of the worst performers, that’s your agenda talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom