<

Granit Xhaka: Managers Love Him!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Macho

Macho Has Trust Issues With Processes Trusted

Plays like a coward. Always passes the ball right back to whoever gives it to him, always decides to fall over instead of carry the ball a few yards, still struggles with the press and always will. Doesn’t make himself available for the pass to bail his team mates out unlike Ceballos or Elneny - he just hides behind opposition pointing.

Typical performance from him.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  2. Manberg

Manberg Predator

:lol::lol::lol:

Macho likes this.
  3. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Why does this bum's cult include so many of the mods?

Jury likes this.
  4. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

and what does actually Ceballos provide, this funny dribbling?

and Xhaka provides this

5. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I think you, juri, racingloser, big floppa, runtheroad, ash30 etc are the same person.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  6. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

I usually like your opinions. But this is a bit harsh.
    I think his role in the team is to be available and hold onto possession.
    Plus he has an ambitious long ball on him.

Having said that, I think he’s in a patch of poor form right now. Hasn’t been up to his usual standard the past several games.

7. Macho

Macho Has Trust Issues With Processes Trusted

I was on the wind up and @Manberg saw right through it.

I find it hard to have strong opinions on anybody after a Pool match if I am honest with you. We defended doggedly and he was part of it. As usual I was disappointed in him going forward but whatever.

8. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

Prob find him very attractive. He has the look of a captain, the one that is meant to be the hero of the story, but he doesn't have the talent to build on that.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  9. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Established Member Trusted

I’m just not feeling the double pivot at all. Midfield doesn’t contribute to our attack enough. Both are too deep which limits our ability to win possession in the final third, and leaves our centre forwards too isolated. It’s exacerbated when one of them lacks mobility to the extent Xhaka does in particular.

We had third fewest shots in the league last season, and 3 games into this one, only West Brom have had fewer than us.

We’ll get by through moments of individual quality from Aubameyang, but I’d like to see Arteta take 1 or two more risks.

Ibadan and Pyres7 like this.
  10. MATHEO

MATHEO Active Member

Except for that pre assist, he had a terrible game on Monday. But performed well yesterday and proved himself again with a good performance against a top side, as he did many times against the likes of City and Chelsea in our FA Cup triumphs

Monday was the first game we lost with him in the side since forever, but the criticism was over the top. What I dont understand is that some people criticised him heavily because he wasnt creative enough (though he got that pre assist) , but at the same time didnt say a word towards Willian and Auba who didnt create anything at all that day when they were supposed to be the attack minded players in that lineup

11. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I thought Xhaka was good in the first half but sloppy with his passing in the second half.

12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

13. Riou

Riou A-M's Resident Jobber

When Gallas lost the captaincy in 2008, can anyone remember if he ever wore the armband again after?

As I have said before, would like for Xhaka to not wear it as I would like to draw a line under what he did...but I have to back Mikel here I guess.

Tony Adams kept the captaincy despite going to prison, so at least you can say the Arsenal armband is never boring :lol:

14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Why’s he not taking penalties?

15. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Fans owe him an apology. That's how we draw a line.

16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Agree on the first point. As for the second, if you rewatch events you'd see that fans sarcastically cheered him off as soon as his name was called. Fans started it all, he then reacted in anger.

17. Riou

Riou A-M's Resident Jobber

Tbh, I regret bringing the second point up...both the fans and the player were in the wrong, but we have all moved on from that disappointing day.

Lets keep looking forward...as since Mikel took over, Arsenal has been moving in a very positive direction.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Manberg likes this.
  18. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

19. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

AG is he captain for good now?

20. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Nah Auba is club captain, Xhaka had it because he was rested.

celestis likes this.