<

Granit Xhaka: Managers Love Him!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

"I thought he was one of our best players."

I honestly can't cope with some people on here at times :lol:

2. Manberg

Manberg Predator

:lol: watch the goal again. Partey was right next to Tielemans, gave him all the time and space to pick out the pass. Then you blame Xhaka for being slow when you know he’s slow. I know he’s slow. That’s not something that can be changed. The back line pushed up. Having Xhaka there in that moment is not the wisest decision. Not Xhaka’s fault. He had a good game.

Taneruit likes this.
  3. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I don't even think he was bad. I think Partey was marginally better but collectively the midfield didn't work.

What messed him up was being moved into the back 3 - once that happened, all Rogers had to do was stick Under on him and that was crucial for the goal. Xhaka's lack of athleticism will always count against him in those areas and this is one of the reasons why I always consider him to be a dispensable player, if not replaceable.

But yeah, overall I don't think his performance was bad individually. It was largely OK, like the rest of the midfield. I can't fault him too much, he wasn't bad.

Taneruit and blaze_of_glory like this.
  4. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Goal was more down to Mustafi than anything, but yeah Xhaka should not be in that position to begin with.

5. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Xhaka wide deep left in the buildup is a good position for him. When he's in that same position against quick forwards then it's a completely different story for him. He essentially filled in a left-back when Tierney was advanced but we've seen it before he's not got any recovery pace whatsoever and he's just not suited to that role especially when we're so far advanced up the pitch. In general I thought he did his job alright, it was a limited role tho and Leicester never pressed him at all especially during the first 60 minutes or so, so he was comfortable in plenty of space at all times.

6. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Xhaka literally useless everywhere. Only thing he has going for him is he has great hair and some weirdos on the forum like a man with great hair.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  7. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Big reason he starts is he's left footed IMO :facepalm: which enables him to easily slot in lcb.

8. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Granit Allergic-to-the-Champions-League Xhaka

9. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Play Mari (when fit) or Saliba at CB with Gabriel and push Luiz into Xhaka's position. Easy.

10. blaze_of_glory

Exactly, he's very good at it and it makes quite a bit happen for us (partly why we had good stuff going on that flank in the first half) but he needs someone behind him. It has to be in a midfield role, not LCB.

11. blaze_of_glory

People hating on him today should think about what Partey or Ceballos did that was any better. And how we fell apart once he was out of the midfield.

12. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

I watched the goal again. I am sorry to say. You are either imagining stuff or just telling lies to protect this clown. Partey was not right next to Tielemans. I am on mobile. But still tried my best to get screenshots for you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before he had time to reach him, he made the pass
    [​IMG]

And meanwhile Xhaka when the pass was made:
    [​IMG]
    And see how much he is lagging in a few seconds
    [​IMG]
    I don't think such visual proofs will also work for people who worship him like you. Just posting it for other posters who should not be misled by your original post. A player as slow as him like him should not be playing in Premier League at all. Not to mention Arsenal.

DanDare likes this.
  13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Don't play him LCB ffs guy need few seconds to turn look at Leicester goal how easy Under escaped him. He is midfield play him there

14. blaze_of_glory

Congrats on showing the CM isn't a CB.

Trilly likes this.
  15. Manberg

Manberg Predator

So what was Partey doing there? Ceballos was marking the other player. Partey had to get a lot tighter to Tielemans. That is close to me but Partey didn’t read the situation very well. Tielemans should not have all that time and space to play that pass.

16. RacingPhoton

Typical Xhakaism. Blaming others for his shortcomings.

17. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Typical anti Xhaka merchant. Looking to blame Xhaka at any opportunity.

18. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Just play Elneny or Luiz in his place ffs. I can't believe this guy is held in such regard. If Mikel wants to die on this hill, then die he will.

DanDare and RacingPhoton like this.
  19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Don’t start this crap. Mikel is dying on his own hill atm.

20. RacingPhoton

:lol: Tielemans was going back for deep to collect the ball. It would be stupid of Partey to go and close him even before he gets the ball. And yes. At least I am not telling lies to protect a player. Partey was right next to Xhaka? Once your lies were exposed, you had to invent something else. Tough to be a fan for such a poor player.