<

Granit Xhaka: Managers Love Him!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

When you are an Arteta fan, but he makes Xhaka a key player in the team...only one way to really think about Mikel tbf...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  2. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Maybe Partey could've closed him down a little quicker but the thing is you can't stop every single lob forward from an opposition player. Xhaka just lost a foot race with Under. Tbf I'm not sure what's going on with that backline there, everyone seems to be all over the place.

3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

As for the goal, Xhaka is clearly ball watching and has to drop earlier, and Mustafi is also ball watching and has to make a decision to drop with him as the winger he had his eye on wan't a threat. The pair of them conspired to fyck that up, with Xhaka being more responsible. If you see it any different from that, then you don't know wtf you're looking at quite frankly.

EmeryCouldnt, Riou and RacingPhoton like this.
  4. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I simply said that Partey was the nearest player to Tielemans and did a poor job of closing down the midfield player on the ball in that instance. I never claimed Xhaka was fast. It’s not surprising that Xhaka lost the race. Doesn’t make him a bad player and doesn’t mean he has a bad game. He has plenty of other attributes to make up for it.

5. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

No. You said Partey was right next to him.

6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Mikel picks the player, so yeah, that's on him. Doesnt change the fact that Xhaka is gash and is one of a few players that need to be outed.

7. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Nearest player to him/next to him... throwing handbags over a choice of words... smh.

8. RacingPhoton

A player who is slower than any other PL player I could think of. Could not pass under pressure. Could not dribble under pressure. Doesn't know to win balls without committing fouls. If you give him space, he can make those sideways pass or a useless lob to the opposite wing. What's the point in having him in midfield?

lamby22, TakeChillPill and James Bond like this.
  9. RacingPhoton

Not a problem with choice of words. You thought you would get away with lies thinking that no one would verify them. Sorry, it's covid time and I have absolutely nothing else to do other than this.

10. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

You need to post the clip where he says "I must break you". Feels like Arteta is doing this to us and the team atm

Riou likes this.
  11. Manberg

Manberg Predator

It’s not a lie. I saw the goal in real time and never saw replays. The fact that Partey was even that close only speaks positives about my memory and intelligence. I instantly thought “Partey should be right on Tielemans there” and I was right.

12. RacingPhoton

At least we don't have to see those statistics on how we win whenever Xhaka plays. Those people will shut their **** up for sometime until we win 3/4 matches so that they can invent more stats to show him in a good light.

EmeryCouldnt likes this.
  13. Manberg

Manberg Predator

He can pass under pressure and does it every game. He plays delightful passes forwards that you clearly choose to overlook too.

As for dribbling under pressure; I don’t know because he doesn’t attempt too many dribbles. He doesn’t need to dribble. There’s nothing wrong with passing backwards to escape a press.

14. Revolution

Revolution Well-Known Member

I still don't think he is good enough for a club that has long-term aspirations for the top four.

RacingPhoton and DanDare like this.
  15. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Can someone tell me why since he came we haven't made Top 4?

16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Perfect logic. One player to blame for it all. We won two FA cups and two Community Shields with him, if it helps. Four trophies in four years is not a bad return. Also made the EFL cup final and the Europa final. Many would consider that to be very successful.

17. DanDare

Not you thanks

RacingPhoton likes this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

He just feels like he does nothing most of the time. Like you know he is there but he is not doing anything...

DanDare and RacingPhoton like this.
  19. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

He's been much improved under Arteta and I credit him for that but he's not good enough to be relied upon by a club with ambition. He wouldn't have made the bench for any of our title winning squads or even any that went close in recent memory.

20. DanDare

If he didn't play who would pass the ball to the leftback on the halfway line? That's an important job don't you know?