<

Granit Xhaka: Managers Love Him!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

LMAO
    You try to use stats to support your agenda. Those same stats are ridiculed and proven wrong by @RacingPhoton and now we all know nothing. This is classic cultist behaviour. You give data to suit your own narrative Someone gives you quantifiable data which cannot be disputed with and rubbishes your claim and you’re unable to take the truth so you run away. Lool

2. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

That's an excellent post. It's hard see past stats in football, they're often misleading.

I watched Moneyball again last night, one of my favourite films. The scouts all agree which baseball players are good and which are bad by watching them. Then this kid from Yale says that they've been looking at the stats all wrong and they just laugh.

Jae, Ash10, tcahill and 2 others like this.
  3. Makingtrax

That's par for the course on here. Back when I joined in 2015 there was a general acceptance that Wenger had been poor for a while and the frustration was palpable, '4th is not a trophy', people bigging up Ferguson etc. But showing Wenger's points, wins and EPL finishes per £ spent gives a whole different perspective on the 2005-2015 period. In that light Wenger's stats were quite remarkable. Of course it produced a whole lot of anger and denials because people are unable to take the truth once they're invested.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  4. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Gilberto was universally liked amoung the fans, he was highly praised amoung all fans from what I remember.

RacingPhoton, Ash10, Riou and 2 others like this.
  5. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Xhaka being compared to Invincible league champion and World Cup winner Gilberto Silva now...

Hate 2020.

Jae likes this.
  6. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

They also never faced the type of pressing that's in the game now (and ruining it imo)

7. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I wasn't being arrogant wtf?

I just said watch the clip and you'd understand what Rex was talking about...

8. Trilly

Yeah he would have ruined the team press but shown exceptional nous to do so, the problem is if you do this regularly then more often that not you will cost your team.

I'm not going to criticise a player for executing his manager's instructions and getting caught out though. This 'he should have ignored his coaching' opinion that is starting to grow on here is honestly baffling.

Whatever happened to just saying fair play good goal?

Rex Banter and DanDare like this.
  9. Trilly

Why are you constantly such a d*ck to him? Can't you disagree with someone without being a massively condescending *insert preferred insult here* ?

tcahill likes this.
  10. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Think "fair play good goal" sticks a bit in the throat these days when you've not said it about your own team for a few matches

Jae, celestis, tcahill and 4 others like this.
  11. Trilly

And I think that there is the problem in a nutshell.:lol:

blaze_of_glory and DanDare like this.
  12. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

:rofl:

DanDare and Trilly like this.
  13. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

I mean he's the one who constantly claims to have 'football knowledge', that he's trying to 'educate us', he has the 'right eyes', that we don't have the same level of understanding that he has. I've tried many times just to agree to disagree but oh no it was never enough. He always had to teach this dumb old me stuff based on his personal opinions & zero facts

Yet I'm the condescending one? What a world we live in

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    RacingPhoton, Trilly and Makingtrax like this.
  14. Trilly

Fair enough, I guess I missed those earlier interactions. Seems pretty one sided recently. *shrugs*

15. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Moneyball. One of my favourite movies. I have also watched it so many times. I absolutely love that scene on transfer deadline.

Makingtrax likes this.
  16. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

It was still a great pass, a good run and goal--that's not to say it couldn't have been defended better. It doesn't have to be one or the other. If that was Mustafi in that position this debate wouldn't exist. Mustafi's still actually getting it despite being less culpable :lol: Anyway the broader picture is we were **** overall which is why we lost.

17. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Imagine having a squad of players that isn't stuck in perpetual debate around if they are actually good or not. Christ.

18. Makingtrax

"The problem we're trying to solve is that there are rich teams, and there are poor teams. Then there's 50 feet of crap. And then there's us." :lol:

RacingPhoton likes this.
  19. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

*Gets wrecked* *Says something condescending* *Runs away*

As Mark Jackson would say....Mama there goes that man

Makingtrax likes this.
  20. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Can you fix the forum so all the non-Arsenal supporting mongoloids disappear?