• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Of course. It’s still early days but it’s a damning indictment for Xhaka. I think he’s been poor this season and he needs a kick up the bum. I told you, those Liverpool games really made Arteta look at him differently. He got benched for Sheffield and then Arteta has deliberately moved him out of midfield in other games. But I still value him as a squad player. He can start EL and Cup games imo.

I’m being hyperbolic because I want to annoy Erliss, YeahBee and Manberg out of hiding.
Well he did play in midfield last weekend, though it was a weird hybrid role (not a fan of that kind of thing tbh, and think it cause more confusion than necessary). Manberg has been pretty open about how well the midfield performed today in fact.

Midfield is about partnerships, and the players who can work together the best should be first choice. We've heard reports Partey was scouted to play alongside Xhaka but if it turns out him an Elneny work better together then so be it.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Really solid post lockdown under Arteta, anonymous and average this season, has no right to start ahead of Elneny, Partey or Ceballos (who himself has not been that great).

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Focus on the players that played ffs. Too many desperate to see the back of Xhaka. Making Xhaka out to be far worse than he actually is.
Tbh he's probably worse than what we make him out to be. We're just too nice to call him a piece of crap hence why we use the words like 'average', 'mediocre', 'plodder' etc:lol:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Focus on the players that played ffs. Too many desperate to see the back of Xhaka. Making Xhaka out to be far worse than he actually is.
Oh nonsense. People talk about Özil and he hasn’t played since Lockdown. This is the “Granit Xhaka” section of the forum, the main focus being Granit Xhaka. Why shouldn’t focus on him too? Is it because you’re finally seeing something that hurts you?

Manberg

Predator
Oh nonsense. People talk about Özil and he hasn’t played since Lockdown. This is the “Granit Xhaka” section of the forum, the main focus being Granit Xhaka. Why shouldn’t focus on him too? Is it because you’re finally seeing something that hurts you?

Xhaka is not a sh*t player. He has obvious weaknesses but his strengths far outshine them. I’m delighted we won. Arteta has the right to select the team how he likes, I’m not going to cry if he doesn’t pick Xhaka. My issue is with the agenda merchants who make a quality player out to be sh*t.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Xhaka is not a sh*t player. He has obvious weaknesses but his strengths far outshine them. I’m delighted we won. Arteta has the right to select the team how he likes, I’m not going to cry if he doesn’t pick Xhaka. My issue is with the agenda merchants who make a quality player out to be sh*t.
Because he is sh*t. Just take the L like you always do

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Strengths which only people who understand football wearing special glasses can see right? Yeah we have heard it before.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol: Who is the guy in the video talking about?
That awful dictator

:lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Shocked he didn't start. Nice to know he isn't a shoe in. No malice though as he's a useful player for us.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not a fan of Xhaka, but I agree with that. He didn't play today, but sure he will play a lot throughout the season. Just happy myself that we seem to have some options for our two CM positions with Partey, Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’ll be back in the team by next week though. Arteta picks his team based on the match.
I don’t think so. I can understand changing tactics, but pissing around with a vital component which we’ve just discovered it seems, would be folly. I hate false dawns and I think we’ve probably gone a bit OTT already, but it’s a dangerous Villa up next and we need to control that game like we did yesterday. Zero point in putting in a les mobile, more ponderous player next to Partey. Nah, I don’t expect to see it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think his influence has started to wane since Partey's arrival. He's not as indispensable to our Midfield as some on here thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom