• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Please stop this racism nonesense. As @Emeryates said Kolasinac is loved (I think he's great, a beast going forward).

Xhaka is ****, Hope we can sell him at the end of the season maybe even do a swap deal with Inter, as I've always said he'll do well in italy with more time on the ball.

Mustafi is a good defender but he's not the type of player that will help you win titles and trophies. Too rash, has to many brain fart moments. The League cup final goal by augero sums mustafi up in a nut shell.

When we beat City and Chelsea to winning the FA cup. Guess what! no Mustafi in the side, instead Mertsacker came in and gave two defensive master classes.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You serious about the racist fanbase? Think you should go to a few games, fans from all races and religions. You will always have 1 or 2 nutters, every ground has them. I have never heard a racist chant from the arsenal fans inside or outside the stadium.

If someone is playing crap then regardless of who they are they will get my opinion, every arsenal fan is entitled to this. I have been to alot of grounds and clubs and can say i have only seen a handfull of racist incidents and none from arsenal fans and all from single individuals.

You need to stop reading the horseshit online.

Our society needs to be educated on what racism actually means. Tangible screaming and yelling of racist language isn’t the only proof of its existence. The wearing of tolerance masks to conform with an “orderly” society is more common, yet just as if not more deplorable.

I think what the other poster was getting at (although expressed less than optimally) is that football fans will often feel more comfortable attacking someone of a different background vs “one of their own”. Not exactly a revolutionary theory.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Why do we fans love Özil then? He's Muslim too.

If you're on about us being some sort of Serbia lovers, I support Greater Albania and the destruction of the Serbian nation.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Please stop this racism nonesense. As @Emeryates said Kolasinac is loved (I think he's great, a beast going forward).

Xhaka is ****, Hope we can sell him at the end of the season maybe even do a swap deal with Inter, as I've always said he'll do well in italy with more time on the ball.

Mustafi is a good defender but he's not the type of player that will help you win titles and trophies. Too rash, has to many brain fart moments. The League cup final goal by augero sums mustafi up in a nut shell.

When we beat City and Chelsea to winning the FA cup. Guess what! no Mustafi in the side, instead Mertsacker came in and gave two defensive master classes.

Xhaka falls into the medium-to-good category for me. He always does just enough on the ball to redeem himself from inexplicable errors but in the Champions League and against the top 6, especially away, he doesn’t have the speed of thought, movement and execution required for a first receiver.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Our society needs to be educated on what racism actually means. Tangible screaming and yelling of racist language isn’t the only proof of its existence. The wearing of tolerance masks to conform with an “orderly” society is more common, yet just as if not more deplorable.

I think what the other poster was getting at (although expressed less than optimally) is that football fans will often feel more comfortable attacking someone of a different background vs “one of their own”. Not exactly a revolutionary theory.

What own? Carl Jenkinson ( gets a ridiculous amount of stick), Ramesy ( gets ridiculous amount stick despite a bonafide club legend scoring two fa cup winners).

There are many racist supporters and clubs out there, as we've just seen with the disgusting chants at Milwall Everton. However I can say Arsenal has one of the most diverse fan base both at the stadium and in the world.

Yes, the press might have a different agenda, but the criticism that Xhaka is getting is justified along with mustafi. People forget that with Xhaka esp, we were geninuely excited when he joined thinking he's the second coming of Xabi, but he clearly isn't and the team suffers because of his clear weaknesses being exploited but other teams.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This racism **** is a bit OTT.

I would never had supported AFC if it was outwardly racist, or had racist supporters.

Godwin1

Very well-known
In my opinion the poster was using identity politics in order to show support for a player in a forum. Similar to the politics of the modern left. I don't think it deserves an explanation to be blunt, should just be dismissed.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I agree.

Mustafi, Kolasinac, Xhaka...

Think there's a pattern developing there.

To be honest I wasn't talking about religion at all, it was more ethnicity/nationality wise. We are a multi-religious society so we never think in that regard. But arsenal fans know **** all as usual.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

In my opinion the poster was using identity politics in order to show support for a player in a forum. Similar to the politics of the modern left. I don't think it deserves an explanation to be blunt, should just be dismissed.

Fair enough, I was trying to give him or her the benefit of the doubt. I think people sometimes get overly defensive about the mention of racism but there are also those who undermine legitimate victims by bringing up flippant examples like this. Last I’ll say on it here.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What own? Carl Jenkinson ( gets a ridiculous amount of stick), Ramesy ( gets ridiculous amount stick despite a bonafide club legend scoring two fa cup winners).

There are many racist supporters and clubs out there, as we've just seen with the disgusting chants at Milwall Everton. However I can say Arsenal has one of the most diverse fan base both at the stadium and in the world.

Yes, the press might have a different agenda, but the criticism that Xhaka is getting is justified along with mustafi. People forget that with Xhaka esp, we were geninuely excited when he joined thinking he's the second coming of Xabi, but he clearly isn't and the team suffers because of his clear weaknesses being exploited but other teams.

I’ve been one of Xhaka’s biggest critics but just because I think that the role he occupies is so crucial to both offensive and defensive transitions that you can’t have a player there who is as limited as he is. Especially in a side that relies on fullbacks for offensive width. It’s suicidal.

I somewhat bypassed your first paragraph, not out of rudeness, but because it has little to do with the point I was making about fans generally being more empathetic with players they can relate to. “Our own” doesn’t mean Arsenal’s own, it means a player who’s from where they are from, and our fans are not all from the same place. John Hartson will defend Ramsey no matter how poorly he plays. It’s pretty much human psychology 101, and transcends football.

Nobody should be getting defensive about that.

Was very strong in the first half. Second half he was also good but maybe taking to many shoots. Did have a good shoot in the first half so hard to blame in for keep trying.

ArsenalFever

What he showed to me yesterday is that, he does make a difference when he's on the pitch, a considerable one in the centre and a useful set piece taker plus a bit of needed fire.
When it comes to our players individually, judging by what iv'e read and seen on the forum, I think many of our fans are overly critical or expect miracles, I think this sometimes transcends onto the pitch, the empty seats in the stadium yesterday seems quite unreal considering our stature.
On the subject of Xhaka though, I hope he continues to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom