• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Don't pay it any attention, some people get behind a computer keyboard and turn into this:
103697048-crazy-hacker-man-unrecognizable-guy-wearing-black-balaclava-holding-computer-keyboard-and-gun-hate-s.jpg

You’re one to talk. Let’s not forget you have hands.

If you want we can have a 1 on 1 anytime any place. I may be simpleton but I got hands.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He really have so many bad moments like someone who doesn't learn what happen in weekend. He was giving the ball away for fun

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
WTF... this thread got way out of hand...

Just enjoy we're in the Final, I certainly hope Xhaka will have a similar game as in FA Cup Final v. Chelsea when he had Kante in his back pocket.

granit-xhaka-xhaka-arsenal_3788598.jpg

Certainly one of his best games. Big game player :)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
WTF... this thread got way out of hand...

Just enjoy we're in the Final, I certainly hope Xhaka will have a similar game as in FA Cup Final v. Chelsea when he had Kante in his back pocket.

granit-xhaka-xhaka-arsenal_3788598.jpg

Certainly one of his best games. Big game player :)
I'd say that's a big plus tbf. He has done well against them so it should hold no fears for him. Just needs to make sure he doesn't do anything dumb. At least he'll feel confident of showing his very best.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He wasn't good today but he was at least a bit better than Torreira (who got an assist to be fair to him, but otherwise he was very ineffective).

Nonetheless, Xhaka is a player I maintain we should be looking at upgrading on if possible. He should not be as indispensable as he is. Decent season overall from him, but I've made up my mind.

progman07

Established Member
people getting on him need a tactical lessons
The lack of pace and agility Xhaka has doesn't have to do anything with tactics. I have not seen Xhaka turn with the ball to beat someone closing him down during his Arsenal career.

He is an average player in the Premier League, you cannot play a slow player who panics whenever he is pressed in a midfield of two. Maybe in a slower league he could do better, but the earlier we replace him with someone more dynamic who can run with ball, the better.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
The lack of pace and agility Xhaka has doesn't have to do anything with tactics. I have not seen Xhaka turn with the ball to beat someone closing him down during his Arsenal career.

He is an average player in the Premier League, you cannot play a slow player who panics whenever he is pressed in a midfield of two. Maybe in a slower league he could do better, but the earlier we replace him with someone more dynamic who can carry the ball, the better.

does it every game, just like last night.
Xhaka haters refuse to see it, so I refuse to discuss about our captain

progman07

Established Member
does it every game, just like last night.
Xhaka haters refuse to see it, so I refuse to discuss about our captain
I don't hate Xhaka as a person at all, I like his character. But I often follow his movement off the ball, he is usually late to everywhere in a two-man midfield. He makes bad decisions under pressure, and doesn't possess the Diaby-esque, or Cazorla-esque ability to dribble past 1-2 players and open up space for himself. I believe we need a midfielder with this ability.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I don't hate Xhaka as a person at all, I like his character. But I often follow his movement off the ball, he is usually late to everywhere in a two-man midfield. He makes bad decisions under pressure, and doesn't possess the Diaby-esque, or Cazorla-esque ability to dribble past 1-2 players and open up space for himself. I believe we need a midfielder with this ability.

you just explained it is tactics that make him look worse then he is at times.
I do agree we need Diaby type of a player, alongside Xhaka

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Nobody in our midfield has that ability. Xhaka however has the ability to pass between the lines and thus advance the play that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom