• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
you just explained it is tactics that make him look worse then he is at times.
I do agree we need Diaby type of a player, alongside Xhaka
I agree that Xhaka needs a 3-man midfield, it would help him if he doesn't need to cover huge spaces on the pitch like he currently has to, but even then I think his range of abiltiies are limited.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Single handedly extinguished any chance of a top four position and automatic CL football. Should be sold for that reason alone.

Cheers.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We have blown big money on Mustafi and Xhaka.

Xhaka I think can be sold to Real Madrid if we can convince them he would play the Xabi Alonso role. Maybe recoup 25 million from his 35 million transfer fee we paid.

Mustafi....sell him for 10 million and be done with him please.

Godwin1

Very well-known
We have blown big money on Mustafi and Xhaka.

Xhaka I think can be sold to Real Madrid if we can convince them he would play the Xabi Alonso role. Maybe recoup 25 million from his 35 million transfer fee we paid.

Mustafi....sell him for 10 million and be done with him please.
Yeah Emery needs to make a youtube comp of Xhaka's best passes and send it to Real Madrid.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
One of our best performers tonight.

I reckon we can get £18m for him.
Lol. That doesn't mean a thing in tonight's match. Entire team was shambolic. And this guy was doing Elneny type of passes when we went two goals down. Single handedly gave away top-4 with his stupid mistake against Brighton. Hope we could fleece some team to sell him.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
It's not even close. People have the nerve to say Xhaka should be sold when Guendouzi is nowhere ready to be a starter at this level and Assreirra has fallen off a cliff these past few months.
That's because we do not have to cry about Europa League final if Xhaka didn't give away that stupid penalty against Brighton in one of his so many brain dead moments.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was very good in the 1st half - when the game is at a rolling pace he's the top dog; always finds the space just in front the CBs, strokes the ball around nice and easy. Once the game kicked up a gear, he was nowhere. Couldn't affect the game with the ball enough, couldn't create the space either.

I like Xhaka. I think he's got good character, he's durable and he can at least pass the ball into the final 3rd consistently and more often than any of our other midfielders. But he's not untouchable to me and he's one I'd still like to see replaced. He can't hack it when the game becomes intense. He just doesn't have the speed, not in thought or body. That's just something we're never gonna change, and we either compensate for it or we cash in.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Quality performance as usual. Our best midfielder by country miles.
That's like saying Holding is our best defender by a country mile when everybody else is beyond ****.

We don't get the best out of Xhaka and Torreira in this formation, but it is Xhaka who finds it more easily to play in it rather than Torreira who was much more effective with 4 at the back.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I like Xhaka. I think he's got good character, he's durable and he can at least pass the ball into the final 3rd consistently and more often than any of our other midfielders. But he's not untouchable to me and he's one I'd still like to see replaced. He can't hack it when the game becomes intense. He just doesn't have the speed, not in thought or body. That's just something we're never gonna change, and we either compensate for it or we cash in.
He's not a top player and never will be, I share your view. The squad needs plenty of gutting and he's not the first name on the chopping board, hopefully he will be in a couple of summers.

Godwin1

Very well-known
That's like saying Holding is our best defender by a country mile when everybody else is beyond ****.

We don't get the best out of Xhaka and Torreira in this formation, but it is Xhaka who finds it more easily to play in it rather than Torreira who was much more effective with 4 at the back.
It's laughable really how far standards have fallen for that to be considered a quality performance. You just have to turn up and not be ****ter than your teammates :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka can’t play in a 2 man midfield. It’s masked when we’re in possession but when we’re not, players breeze past him with ease. He’s not dynamic enough for that, and can’t press.

Those saying he was great are probably talking about his passes because that’s all they think a midfielder should do. In that aspect yes he was great but he’s simply too rigid and slow.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't stand Xhaka on the pitch. He timely cannot shield the back four. The manager cannot rely on him to maintain the team shape when being off-possession or facing opposition doing quick counter in transition. F* me, how many more seasons I have to bear watching this player in Arsenal shirt.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He didn't do much wrong but looking at past midfielders, I say we try to replace. When we lost control in the second half, there was nothing in his game to get us back level.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
It's not even close. People have the nerve to say Xhaka should be sold when Guendouzi is nowhere ready to be a starter at this level and Assreirra has fallen off a cliff these past few months.
Assreirra is ban worthy level pun. At least call him Tossreirra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom