• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The guy with a tag "Only came to see Granit Xhaka" calling himself an arsenal fan :lol:
Best part of it was apparently we're all non-arsenal fans in spite of the fact that we actually post all over the forum on all things Arsenal related and not in select threads, actually know what we're talking about more than half the time and spend quite a chunk of our days in here obsessing over all things AFC... But no, we're all non-Arsenal fans.
Pathetic. Dude literally cries whenever anybody points out any one of Xhaka's many weaknesses.

Anyhoo, back on topic, Xhaka isn't the concern right now. Would love an upgrade and I believe for the same price (even in this market) there are options but alas we have massive holes in other areas. Priorities..

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Best part of it was apparently we're all non-arsenal fans in spite of the fact that we actually post all over the forum on all things Arsenal related and not in select threads, actually know what we're talking about more than half the time and spend quite a chunk of our days in here obsessing over all things AFC... But no, we're all non-Arsenal fans.
Pathetic. Dude literally cries whenever anybody points out any one of Xhaka's many weaknesses.

Anyhoo, back on topic, Xhaka isn't the concern right now. Would love an upgrade and I believe for the same price (even in this market) there are options but alas we have massive holes in other areas. Priorities..
True We need players for every position other than Forward and GK. My first priorities would be Winger, CB, LB and a decent backup RB. That's because these positions don't have players at all/players are closer to retirement age.
But if we do get a decent CM available within our budget, we should go for him. We were cribbing last season about our away performances. It has been the same story all the matches. Teams keep pressing us at the top. We either gift the ball back to them/make back passes for eternity. With Xhaka at midfield, I am afraid we are not going to solve the problem. Our away results are going to be the same. We are badly in need of a midfielder who is calm and quick. Someone who can beat a press or transition the ball to attack quickly so that no one even has time to press us. If we can't buy a player, I am even open to trying our academy players there in away matches. I mean, it can't get any worse right?

To summarize, we need Winger,CB, LB and RB to avoid regressing further. But we need a good CM to progress forward.

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
If Emery's set up is the reason, it should have happened only in the last season. It has been happening for three seasons. It happened in the swiss national team too. So three managers made the same mistake?
And 7 errors led to goal. There were also many errors I have seen him make that the team has actually mopped up as you have seen Henderson make. The difference being this idiot does it so frequently that you can't expect the team to save him all the time.
And yes. Kante will not lose the ball like a fool when the team is building up an attack and he has many options to pass. Add the penalties he conceded too. You don't have any excuses for his this horrible player.

You are bypassing what im saying and going on a xhaka hate run. Im not defending xhaka so literally no point in typing all that.

Yes emery is the same as wenger in his tactical setup, so yes from league position and goals conceeded they have failed us massively unless you think different?. Can you name me 1 other team in europe who when they attack leave 3 on 3 at the back? When you watch any team in the premier league aside from arsenal do they push both fullbacks up at the same time?

There core of our team is rotten from wenger still. We can replace xhaka but until we go back to basics and build a defensive unit we wont compete. Pool 22 goals conceeded, arsenal 53 thats not 1 player that needs to go its the whole lot.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
You are bypassing what im saying and going on a xhaka hate run. Im not defending xhaka so literally no point in typing all that.

Yes emery is the same as wenger in his tactical setup, so yes from league position and goals conceeded they have failed us massively unless you think different?. Can you name me 1 other team in europe who when they attack leave 3 on 3 at the back? When you watch any team in the premier league aside from arsenal do they push both fullbacks up at the same time?

There core of our team is rotten from wenger still. We can replace xhaka but until we go back to basics and build a defensive unit we wont compete. Pool 22 goals conceeded, arsenal 53 thats not 1 player that needs to go its the whole lot.
Of course you are defending Xhaka. You say that Arsenal's set-up is the reason why his "errors leading to goal" number is high. You are blaming others for his mistakes. And then, he did the same mistake playing for the national team just a couple of weeks back. If you watch other premier league matches, you can see clearly that no other players ****s up so often as him. Others do mistakes. But that's like twice or thrice a season, many of which are defended by their teams. This guy does such mistakes every match a team is pressing us. Some if the errors have actually been defended by the team. Some or not. When we hold possession in our own half and begin to attack, defenders spread out to receive the ball. Every team does that. The expectation is that no one would be stupid enough to give away the ball there. If you lose it there to a forward, they just have to exploit the gap between defenders to enter the box and shoot. I accept that our defense is crap. So is Xhaka.

And why do you avoid talking about the penalties he conceded? Are they also because of mistakes made by others?

OSBK

Established Member
Of course you are defending Xhaka. You say that Arsenal's set-up is the reason why his "errors leading to goal" number is high. You are blaming others for his mistakes. And then, he did the same mistake playing for the national team just a couple of weeks back. If you watch other premier league matches, you can see clearly that no other players ****s up so often as him. Others do mistakes. But that's like twice or thrice a season, many of which are defended by their teams. This guy does such mistakes every match a team is pressing us. Some if the errors have actually been defended by the team. Some or not. When we hold possession in our own half and begin to attack, defenders spread out to receive the ball. Every team does that. The expectation is that no one would be stupid enough to give away the ball there. If you lose it there to a forward, they just have to exploit the gap between defenders to enter the box and shoot. I accept that our defense is crap. So is Xhaka.

And why do you avoid talking about the penalties he conceded? Are they also because of mistakes made by others?

:rofl:

Another xhaka rant. 1- Please show me where im defending xhaka in our conversation. 2- please show me where im blaming others for his mistakes. 3- yes teams spread out but they dont push 7 men forward leaving it 3 on 3 at the back in almost every game we play. Do you actually think our attacking is good and we should continue to push men forward after conceeding 53 goals last season playing that way?? You are deluded by saying the expectation is nobody will lose the ball, why do all teams now press high on each other???.... because they are expecting to win the ball further up the field!!!

So now on reply, can you refrain from xhaka ranting as its boring. Try and look outside of your rage at xhaka and realise xhaka,kos,mustafi,monreal,kola,sok,neny,Özil,mhky are all a cancer at our club and until they all are replaced with quality we will not compete. Stop accusing me of not mentioning xhaka mistakes when its not relevant to what im saying and we know already and dont need you crying about it in every reply.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Another xhaka rant. 1- Please show me where im defending xhaka in our conversation. 2- please show me where im blaming others for his mistakes. 3- yes teams spread out but they dont push 7 men forward leaving it 3 on 3 at the back in almost every game we play. Do you actually think our attacking is good and we should continue to push men forward after conceeding 53 goals last season playing that way?? You are deluded by saying the expectation is nobody will lose the ball, why do all teams now press high on each other???.... because they are expecting to win the ball further up the field!!!

So now on reply, can you refrain from xhaka ranting as its boring. Try and look outside of your rage at xhaka and realise xhaka,kos,mustafi,monreal,kola,sok,neny,Özil,mhky are all a cancer at our club and until they all are replaced with quality we will not compete. Stop accusing me of not mentioning xhaka mistakes when its not relevant to what im saying and we know already and dont need you crying about it in every reply.
You said that if we put Xhaka in Liverpool team, such things will not happen. What does that mean? You were complaining that our midfield vanishes and keeps him exposed. All this is just blaming others for his problems.

The problem was never about number of people committing forward. Again, watch that Portugal goal. The entire defense was behind him. But still Portugal scored easily. Because all the defenders are well spaced to receive the ball instead of marking opponent players. This gives a clear way for Portugal to score the goal. Even Liverpool defenders will be positioned to receive a pass instead of marking players. If Xhaka commits same number of mistakes in Liverpool, they will concede goals. Because there is no one marking the forwards.

If you are a CM, you will be exposed. Good CM's either pass the ball forward quickly before being pressed or at least quickly lass sideways for a 1-2-1. Some exceptional ones even beat the man with skills. They don't just kick the ball straight to the presser. He always had options to pass in all occasions. But he chose to mess it up. Even in Liverpool, he would have done the same thing.

I know that we have lot of dross in defense. But they are not even 1% reason for the goals given away by Xhaka.

This is Xhaka thread. We were pointing out his weaknesses. You are the one who started ranting about rest of the team.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He receives standing ovations every time he switches play for Kolasinac. Switching play is the most basic thing for a midfielder (except for Elneny), especially when you are not under any pressure.
He is actually a perfect captain for this circus. Can't think of anyone else who would be a better leader of this chaotic squad and Mustafi being a vice captione

The games he does that consistently, where he makes no errors and his passing is quicker. He looks better than majority of our players. Apart from the strikers and Leno none of the other players seem to do anything useful. Even in the Europa final, where he was decent, nothing more, but that was still better than everyone except perhaps Cech. That's why I have always been less harsh on Xhaka cause how bad are they performing when a half useless guy is still outperforming them?

There comes a time though when you just lose your patience with a player who keeps making the exact mistakes. We were hoping he would eventually learn. Yet it seems to be only getting worse.

My main frustration with Xhaka is the gap between his best and worst performances. Again most players in our squad's best and worst level is actually quite close to each other. (Most play consistently bad). Think back to games like the fa cup final against Chelsea a few years back, when Xhaka managed to pull everything together. He can be quite useful asset then. The problem is those perfomances happen very, very seldom. Now think of his worst performance. Goodness me! I thought no one could get lower than Mustafi's lowest but Xhaka can. That is the scariest part for me.

One thing is for sure. We are already struggling to keep the ball out of our net. What we don't need is one of our midfielders to turn into the opposition's best playmaker, who seems to find ever more creative ways to engineer opportunities for them.

Last edited:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

To summarize, we need Winger,CB, LB and RB to avoid regressing further. But we need a good CM to progress forward.

I have read many pathetic posters on this forum but you are one of the worst. What good CM do you want to bring, Xhaka has outplayed and outperformed every single CM at Arsenal, former and current, and he will outperform the future ones as well, mark my words, if he is still at Arsenal.

The best midfielder in PL and beyond.

Of course Xhaka has made more "mistakes" because he has played every single game in previous seasons while the rest of his partners were chilling somewhere and enjoying life, being injured for almost entire season..

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
You said that if we put Xhaka in Liverpool team, such things will not happen. What does that mean? You were complaining that our midfield vanishes and keeps him exposed. All this is just blaming others for his problems.

The problem was never about number of people committing forward. Again, watch that Portugal goal. The entire defense was behind him. But still Portugal scored easily. Because all the defenders are well spaced to receive the ball instead of marking opponent players. This gives a clear way for Portugal to score the goal. Even Liverpool defenders will be positioned to receive a pass instead of marking players. If Xhaka commits same number of mistakes in Liverpool, they will concede goals. Because there is no one marking the forwards.

If you are a CM, you will be exposed. Good CM's either pass the ball forward quickly before being pressed or at least quickly lass sideways for a 1-2-1. Some exceptional ones even beat the man with skills. They don't just kick the ball straight to the presser. He always had options to pass in all occasions. But he chose to mess it up. Even in Liverpool, he would have done the same thing.

I know that we have lot of dross in defense. But they are not even 1% reason for the goals given away by Xhaka.

This is Xhaka thread. We were pointing out his weaknesses. You are the one who started ranting about rest of the team.

bypassed what i said again. This is going nowhere sir, good day

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Inconsistent player, in a squad full of inconsistent players, and has consistently been one of the best among them throughout the season that just went by.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Lets be honest, if a CL club came in for him and offered him more money, he'd be off in a flash. Nobody wants him. We're ****ing lumbered.
It's not that easy, we clearly want him to stay and he has a long contract here so he can't just decide to leave like that. Emery likes him despite the circlejerk that surrounds Xhaka among Arsenal fans. Same with those that want Kolasinac sold, he's a favourite of Emery too and is going no where.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Please don't feed this troll dude. @Erlis keeps responding because people keep feeding him. Posters of his quality (or severe lack thereof) should be ignored until they go away.
Sick to death of this icon worship above the club. Start a Fecking Xhaka forum you brain dead *****!

You're so rude and abusive to other posters on this forum but I call you a dummy and you cry like a baby. You think you're some sort of authority figure around here for some reason but you're just nasty.

The Liverpool fan has spoken. **** off piece of mental sh1t.

You have only around five people on this forum who are genuine Arsenal fans and Arsenal is their first choice team, *****. I am among those five, some are banned, and some still hardly survive.

All non-arsenal fans survive and are appreciated on here, surprisingly.

You should ignore that guy, one minute he's an internet gangster the next minute he's crying about getting bullied. It's like dealing with a teenage girl.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You're so rude and abusive to other posters on this forum but I call you a dummy and you cry like a baby. You think you're some sort of authority figure around here for some reason but you're just nasty.

I'm not rude to posters, I'm rude to trolls. You literally just teamed up with a guy who follows the team solely because of Xhaka and idol worships him no matter what he does wrong
You should ignore that guy, one minute he's an internet gangster the next minute he's crying about getting bullied. It's like dealing with a teenage girl.
Pretty rich coming from someone who accuses people of racism and then makes racist comments based on where someone stays.
Wow, what a top poster you are!

The absolute irony of this being that you're the one obsessing over me while not too long ago you were crying the opposite. :rofl:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's not that easy, we clearly want him to stay and he has a long contract here so he can't just decide to leave like that. Emery likes him despite the circlejerk that surrounds Xhaka among Arsenal fans. Same with those that want Kolasinac sold, he's a favourite of Emery too and is going no where.
I disagree somewhat.

He’s far from popular with your average Arsenal fan, and I strongly suspect he isn’t even rated highly by Emery.

I see what you’re trying to do here though, with your negative sleight on Emery lol

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I'm not rude to posters, I'm rude to trolls. You literally just teamed up with a guy who follows the team solely because of Xhaka and idol worships him no matter what he does wrong.

So what ffs? In what world is that a crime?

He has to start somewhere. Many people have become Arsenal fans because of Henry, especially French people.

Erlis is Kosovo-Albanian, the same as Xhaka(Swiss passport though). It's not freakin rocket science why he's so attached to him.

Besides plenty of people worship players and managers on here, and can't do no wrong no matter what. I don't see you bullying them tho? Wonder why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom