• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He must have heard somebody shouting something because he actively let it past him

Great burst of speed at the end thou when he did that cutback
He actively asked Kola to play the ball to him then let the ball roll past him. You don't ever do that in front of your own box with no idea who's behind you. This is something you can maybe attempt in front of the opposition box. It's a terrible part of his game which needs to be eradicated.

progman07

Established Member
Should have tracked back, we seem to concede goals due to similar mistakes (not following the runners into the box). We almost conceded a goal like that against Liverpool when one of their defenders was clear in our box.

Should have tracked back, we seem to concede goals due to similar mistakes (not following the runners into the box). We almost conceded a goal like that against Liverpool when one of their defenders was clear in our box.
Exactly. He made two mistakes that led to the goal; let it pass by him and thereafter failed to track back leading to the goal. He could just as easily taken one for the team to prevent them from running at us! But no, he just had to make a mistake that would cost us a goal! His inconsistency deserves a place on the bench! Time for Gundouzi or AMN

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
I appreciate some of Xhaka's qualities, but since his arrival he's been costing us multiple goals. Way more than Mustafi, who gets absolutely battered on this forum. A midfielder isn't first priority in the summer, but I wouldn't rule out the idea of replacing him.

Godwin1

Very well-known
He may not ever cut these mistakes out at this point. Got to take the rough with the smooth if you're in to him.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Yeah, he'll always have a mistake in him. Surprisingly he plays well against the bigger aides. It's against the bottom half that his concentration wavers.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Need an upgrade. Someone who can bring the ball from deep ,can move the ball better under pressure, has better positioning etc. And really just an over all higher football IQ.

Decent squad option but he's no championship winning CM.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I believe that 4 top class players transform this squad into title contenders and Xhaka is one of the 4 I would be looking to upgrade on. He can be brilliant on his day but is too inconsistent.

Last edited:

TheArsenalis

This guy makes me laugh, at the same time pull my hair out. Dafuq was he doing? His brainfarts will cost us big time. This 1 **** up every 5 games is not cool. Round that off to 15 a season will kill chances of success. He best choose his times wisely or do it elsewhere.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Concealed or undiagnosed intermittent tubular vision triggered by high adrenaline levels. Case closed. Sell immediately.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hard to have time for a player who can single handedly cost a team points. No doubt in my mind that the game turns out differently if not for that gimme. So frustrating.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Need an upgrade. Someone who can bring the ball from deep ,can move the ball better under pressure, has better positioning etc. And really just an over all higher football IQ.

Decent squad option but he's no championship winning CM.

I agree, he's ok if we dont want to challenge for the PL and just want EL but assuming we do want CL and a go at the PL then we need a better player alongside Torreira. Douzy is great but young and also has errors, AMN we don't really know yet.

Jae

Yup, think I'm reverting back to my initial stance of "He's a calamity waiting to happen."

It's a shame as well, I've been one of his biggest critics in the past but I was slowly coming around to the fact that he wasn't a complete liability. :lol:

I actually think he's done really well at times this season, unfortunately people don't remember the goals though, they remember the horrendous errors that cost us points.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yup, think I'm reverting back to my initial stance of "He's a calamity waiting to happen."
You don't need to wait for it, he is making that kind of mistake almost every game, and we are just lucky that we are not punished more often for his mistakes. If Wolves didn't score from that, everybody would forget it and Xhaka would remain fans favorite, but this time he wasn't that lucky.
I think he did improve in other areas of his game, but it doesn't help a lot when he is costing us points and creates panic with his stupidity.
I'm not worried at all as we already have a top class replacement in Douzi

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
unfortunately people don't remember the goals though, they remember the horrendous errors that cost us points.
I think I don't remember goals or mistakes, it's just the general feeling about him that makes me nervous every time he is on the ball close to our box or when he needs to defend 1 on 1, and I have the exact opposite feeling with Torreira and Douzi.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think I don't remember goals or mistakes, it's just the general feeling about him that makes me nervous every time he is on the ball close to our box or when he needs to defend 1 on 1, and I have the exact opposite feeling with Torreira and Douzi.
This

Jae

You're not wrong. :lol: To be fair I feel like that whenever Mustafi goes anywhere near the ball as well. Disaster waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom