• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He dictates play and is our fulcrum. He's not as easy on the eye as Cesc or Santi but he's quietly doing good work this season. I'm not sure who takes his place or what our shape will be.

HBL

Established Member
Yeah. They really turned up I have to say. Xhaka is one of the more oft-criticised players, including by myself, so it should be noted that he was very good.
He has shown in 2018 how good he can be but the costly lapses in concentration means there will always be doubts about his place in the side.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When Emery came in I believed that a Basque coach would know how to get the best out of Xhaka because he plays like a Basque DLP similarly to Xabi Alonso and many other Basque players.

I'm really pleased that this has come true.

Emery bought the perfect midfield partner for Xhaka in Torreira, and signed a GK who can play with his feet in Leno. These players give Xhaka that extra bit of time to spot a pass and make him have to do less work defensively. All of this brings out the best in him.

Xhaka and Torreira are arguably the best midfield partnership in the League.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Went missing in the first half for me (except for that gorgeous pass to Kolasinac for the Iwobi chance) but stepped up properly in the 2nd.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

When Emery came in I believed that a Basque coach would know how to get the best out of Xhaka because he plays like a Basque DLP similarly to Xabi Alonso and many other Basque players.

Emery bought the perfect midfield partner for Xhaka in Torreira, and signed a GK who can play with his feet in Leno. These players give Xhaka that extra bit of time to spot a pass and make him have to do less work defensively. All of this brings out the best in him.

Glad someone said this , they're in contention to be .

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

As a huge Xhaka critic I have to admit he was great today. If him and Lucas continue like this together it will be very good times.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Glad someone said this , they're in contention to be .

These two have bossed both Liverpool and Sp**s, and they didn't play against Man City and Chelsea.

Chelsea's midfield of Jorginho, Kante and Barkley/Kovacic/Loftus-Cheek is good, but we're better.

Man City is the only one that could be better than ours in my opinion.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not just his improved play but his maturity the last couple of months has been excellent. He did a fantastic job leading the side yesterday. When he first arrived talking about wanting to be captain and he was so rash and error prone it was laughable but he has displayed real poise and composure of late.

Malky

Established Member
Still has flaws to him, but we're seeing a different player to last season.
Torreira was rightfully MOTM, but Xhaka takes alot of credit in that win, another big game where he's stepped up and been class for us. Two of the " best " and " hardworking, athletic " midfields (Liverpool and Sp**s) and Torreira/Xhaka have bossed both of them :bounce::bounce:

Aevi

Hale End FC

Definitely, this season has confirmed (thus far) that Xhaka's role and partnerships under Wenger weren't doing enough to cover for his deficiencies. Which isn't a slight on Xhaka, all players have deficiencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom