• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
:lol:

I knew you'd be defending him.

How can you even see that as acceptable? One off maybe, bit his arsenal career is littered with these mistakes that lead to goals.
He is our most frekkin stabil player over his career here

The few games he has missed we fall apart even more isnt that obvious?

Even if his foot (or in this case head) was last on the ball that doesnt automatically mean it was his fault, somebody else might have made a mistakes that lead to Xhaka being the culprit, or just general bad overall tactics

He is pretty much on the right place at the the right time all The time
Gets shyte for small things that might go bad but are you blind to what he does great?

I get lambasted for stickning up for Xhaka our most consistent player and yet People praise frekkin Monreal who is just rubbish?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Haha you are serious aren't you?

At this point I am this .. (imagine me pinching my thumb and index finger together)

Close to starting to think it is something to do with stuff apart from football this dislike comes from...

It is all coming together now, loads of People are ****ting on Kola to... For no reason at all

Shame on you guys, football trancends such petty stuff
Sad really

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
At this point I am this .. (imagine me pinching my thumb and index finger together)

Close to starting to think it is something to do with stuff apart from football this dislike comes from...

It is all coming together now, loads of People are ****ting on Kola to... For no reason at all

Shame on you guys, football trancends such petty stuff
Sad really

Please dont tell me you are playing the race/religion card here :rolleyes:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He is our most frekkin stabil player over his career here

The few games he has missed we fall apart even more isnt that obvious?

Even if his foot (or in this case head) was last on the ball that doesnt automatically mean it was his fault, somebody else might have made a mistakes that lead to Xhaka being the culprit, or just general bad overall tactics

He is pretty much on the right place at the the right time all The time
Gets shyte for small things that might go bad but are you blind to what he does great?

I get lambasted for stickning up for Xhaka our most consistent player and yet People praise frekkin Monreal who is just rubbish?

His mistake today was playgroud stuff, absolutely criminal to put that ball where he did. The likes of Adams and bouldy would of torn him a new one if they was still playing. Oh for that type of leader at the back again.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ridiculously stupid mistake from him heading like that . There were however mulitple mistakes leading up to it .

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I’ve been a fierce defender of Xhaka since he signed but he keeps disappointing every time he gets on a decent run of form.

We need better in that position.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Isnt top 4 team quality and hes a core player for us.

Mirrors the decline in striker options the last 10 years. We went from Henry, rvp, Adebayor to Giroud and in midfield Paddy, fab, Cazorla etc. Don't get me wrong - Giroud and Xhaka steady players (in fact, I'm probably doing big G a disservice by comparing him to the Xhaka situation) but never at that top level this club should be striving to reach.

Godwin1

Very well-known
We were poor overall but this has happened too often and will continue to do so. Hopefully we'll get round to upgrading here in a couple of seasons once we've bought in some much needed attacking midfielders. And a defender.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Sell Emery, too :lol:

Where has that beautiful football of Arsenal gone? Probably gone with the wind, ah yes Wenger.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Xhaka is the constant in the sea of mediocrity that has become Arsenal FC over the past three years.

Just because his replacements are worse, doesn't make him good enough.

NZgunner

I am sure about Xhaka - he's challenging Mustafi as the player who makes the most stupid errors leading to goals.

He flops over when under pressure, trying to get a free kick, but all the refs know he does this so more often than not he just concedes possession in dangerous positions.

He is unreliable when tackling, just as likely to foul as to win back possession.

He is way too easy to mark, probably because he is so sluggish, and is often unavailable to pass to.

He does have a good passing range and is particularly good at raking balls out to the left wing. Once or twice a season he'll score with a thunderous effort on goal (although half of them are deflected).

My yardstick for any player is always would I be concerned if he played against us for one of our rivals - in Xhaka's case I would relish playing against him, but it is also inconceivable that a team with genuine title aspirations would every have someone as poor as Xhaka playing regularly in their first team.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like Xhaka more than most and he unarguably does have qualities that a top team needs. Moreover under normal circumstances I would keep him, because he contributes something despite his flaws. But I’d sell him, simply because we could fetch a fee for him.

Same goes for Mustafi. I’d actually be fine keeping Mustafi as back-up, but he and Xhaka are one of the few players with any remote value on the transfer market. We need to raise funds. Slash the wage bill and sell non-essential assets. Xhaka and Mustafi fall into that category.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Please dont tell me you are playing the race/religion card here :rolleyes:

This close.. Im fingering the card but haven't played it ;)

Starting to feel like the only explanation to me because I dont see what you guys think you are seeing

Guendozi makes mistakes constantly throuout every game. Yet heaps of praise
That Xhaka's header today lead to a goal is irrelevant
That his mistakes or defenders mistakes lead to a goal is just The nature of them working closer to goal

Auba, Laca, Iwobi, Guendouzi took shots that didnt result in goals for us, blame them?

Why isnt Leno blamed?
Strictly speaking he failed to save the shot did he not? Heck he didnt even try...

You focus too much on "mistakes"
He tried and failed. What was his option? Not head the ball? Wait and take it in the chest or kick it in the air? He might have succeded but it would have given The opposition more time.
To head the ball was risk management that he at the time thought was The best odds
No single action is completely 100% risk free

We still got players on the books that dont try and that should ALWAYS be critiqued more.

A game is 100-1000 fails or succcesses
One didnt make us lose

Hence also Why I favour speed, strength size so much. Even if a runner a Kuyt fails he is tiresome and annoying to face
A Cazorla who dribbles/passes and fails over and over is good for the opposition

People fail, that is only human

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom