• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You focus too much on "mistakes"
He tried and failed. What was his option? Not head the ball?
How about not heading it straight at the feet of an open opposition player in the box?

Xhaka is a walking mistake. It isn't the first time he has f***ed up this badly. He is always good for s**t like that.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
This close.. Im fingering the card but haven't played it ;)

Starting to feel like the only explanation to me because I dont see what you guys think you are seeing

Guendozi makes mistakes constantly throuout every game. Yet heaps of praise
That Xhaka's header today lead to a goal is irrelevant
That his mistakes or defenders mistakes lead to a goal is just The nature of them working closer to goal

Auba, Laca, Iwobi, Guendouzi took shots that didnt result in goals for us, blame them?

Why isnt Leno blamed?
Strictly speaking he failed to save the shot did he not? Heck he didnt even try...

He tried and failed. What was his option? Not head the ball? Wait and take it in the chest or kick it in the air? He might have succeded but it would have given The opposition more time.
To head the ball was risk management that he at the time thought was The best odds
No single action is completely 100% risk free

We still got players on the books that dont try and that should ALWAYS be critiqued more.

A game is 100-1000 fails or succcesses
One didnt make us lose

Hence also Why I favour speed, strength size so much. Even if a runner a Kuyt fails he is tiresome and annoying to face
A Cazorla who dribbles/passes and fails over and over is good for the opposition

People fail, that is only human

Doozy been getting his fair share of criticism of late but people cut him a bit of slack because he's new and young. We've a 3 year sample size of Xhaka which is more than enough to know his faults and how error prone he can be.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This close.. Im fingering the card but haven't played it ;)

Starting to feel like the only explanation to me because I dont see what you guys think you are seeing

Guendozi makes mistakes constantly throuout every game. Yet heaps of praise
That Xhaka's header today lead to a goal is irrelevant
That his mistakes or defenders mistakes lead to a goal is just The nature of them working closer to goal

Auba, Laca, Iwobi, Guendouzi took shots that didnt result in goals for us, blame them?

Why isnt Leno blamed?
Strictly speaking he failed to save the shot did he not? Heck he didnt even try...

He tried and failed. What was his option? Not head the ball? Wait and take it in the chest or kick it in the air? He might have succeded but it would have given The opposition more time.
To head the ball was risk management that he at the time thought was The best odds
No single action is completely 100% risk free

We still got players on the books that dont try and that should ALWAYS be critiqued more.

A game is 100-1000 fails or succcesses
One didnt make us lose

Hence also Why I favour speed, strength size so much. Even if a runner a Kuyt fails he is tiresome and annoying to face
A Cazorla who dribbles/passes and fails over and over is good for the opposition

People fail, that is only human

Your posts are easily some of the worst football insights I’ve ever read. You’d prefer Dirk Kuyt over Cazorla? I can’t believe what I’m reading.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sell Emery, too :lol:

Where has that beautiful football of Arsenal gone? Probably gone with the wind, ah yes Wenger.
Didn't Emery make Xhaka great again once? Oh, Xhaka goes to sh!t so it's Emery's fault.

Love this place.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why doesn't Emery drop him then? He apparently has a plan and so on.
Well he's played him at LB and CB so far this season which is probably more damning than dropping him tbh. Unai isn't a fan and I don't expect to see Xhaka at the club next season unless he's another one who;s content to draw a large salary playing with the stiffs. Did Unai not make Özil captain earlier in the season? I wouldn't read too much into Xhaka's presence in the starting lineup. Leave that to Erlis.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Unai isn't a fan and I don't expect to see Xhaka at the club next season unless he's another one who;s content to draw a large salary playing with the stiffs.
Emery gave him a 6 year contract in June.

The Xhaka-Torreira partnership was great during the unbeaten run, need to get them back together.

blaze_of_glory

Well he's played him at LB and CB so far this season which is probably more damning than dropping him tbh. Unai isn't a fan and I don't expect to see Xhaka at the club next season unless he's another one who;s content to draw a large salary playing with the stiffs. Did Unai not make Özil captain earlier in the season? I wouldn't read too much into Xhaka's presence in the starting lineup. Leave that to Erlis.
:lol:

He makes him captain constantly and he ensures he's on the field no matter what. Listen to yourself man.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Emery gave him a 6 year contract in June.

The Xhaka-Torreira partnership was great during the unbeaten run, need to get them back together.
He can sell him for a nice fee then. If he thought he was that important to our midfield, even with injuries in defence, I don't see how he starts him at CB and LB. Emery's meant to be clueless anyway in the eyes of some, so strange how they cherry pick his logic...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Your posts are easily some of the worst football insights I’ve ever read. You’d prefer Dirk Kuyt over Cazorla? I can’t believe what I’m reading.
Depends on for what role in the team

Just using their names as analogues obviously

You lot seem to want a fine line painter to unclog your toilet, plumbers are a thing you know . ..

How can mine be the worst? Have you just recently learnt how to read?

This forum is filled with Cazorla nostalgia, AN APPROACH THAT DID NOT WORK
And it doesnt mean Cazorla specifically just The overt focus on technique over physique
People want more of something that didnt work, insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results or something

And I want something different and Im the insane one?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I did. I suppose I was wrong. But why does he make Xhaka the first player on the team sheet if he doesn't rate him?
Because Unai's clueless of course! But seriously, when the deal was announced I didn't read to much into it. I don't know how much his improved terms were, but I saw it more as not wanting his value to depreciate while he was having a look at him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He can sell him for a nice fee then. If he thought he was that important to our midfield, even with injuries in defence, I don't see how he starts him at CB and LB. Emery's meant to be clueless anyway in the eyes of some, so strange how they cherry pick his logic...
I thought he moved Xhaka to defence because he wanted a left footer there for balance. Don't think it was an indictment on Xhaka's performances as a CM, it was just what the team needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom