Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Emeryates, Oct 28, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

1. He's not a problem at all

13.0%
  2. Can be an important player with the right partner/set-up

39.5%
  3. Shouldn't be relied upon, squad player

24.2%
  4. Not good enough for Arsenal and should be sold

23.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

Was evident last season that he was missed when he wasn't in the team, unless they could find a more influential player for the centre who could step up and perform straight away, then there's no point considering selling him, besides, I think he'll only improve as he has done.

say yes, albakos and Furious like this.
  2. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Nope. He has got the record for errors leading to goals in the whole premier league in three years for an outfield player

3. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

4. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

5. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Seriously, what midfielder worth a single toss finds a way to do that, in that situation? A 70 year old piss drenched park bench dosser does better than that. It’s unexplainable.

6. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

"But ... but ... but youngsters will make mistakes so we need to keep Xhaka!"

We need to keep him at all costs. He adds stunning 3 goals per season, can't defend at all, can't run with the ball, can't dribble, but he can pass the ball to Kolasinac! Definitely worth it :D
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot that he was there to clap to fans when we got demolished in the finals. I felt much better when I saw it.

7. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

TBH, I wouldn't expect that crap even from Elneny, and my opinion of Elneny is on all time low.

8. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Not consistent, prone to errors. He pulls off a great game every so often, but put him, Mustafi and Kola in the same team and you have mistakes r us. It’s not important who the manager is.

9. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

A good manager won't play them ;)

Wenger had the right idea when he wanted to move Xhaka further up in the field.

10. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Yep. Xhaka has only one of the three components that make a great passer: ball striking technique

Cesc had the other two as well: first touch and vision. Santi to a lesser extent but still had all three.

Only pass Xhaka sees is the diagonal to Kolasinac. Can't even remember a good through ball he's done

Fallout and Mark Tobias like this.
  11. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

When Xhaka was 17 mate, he has won the world cup with his team of youngsters. Guendouzi is 20 now, at 21 Xhaka was a captain of a team Gladbach, and led his team to UCL. Keep yourself informed and don't talk non-sense.

Bunch of clueless people.

BigPoppaPump and arsenefc like this.
  12. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Member

I also think so. He has his faults and errors but I still think he's important for our game.

He takes out the ball from the defense to attack. He has second most keypasses after Özil in our team and he can shoot from long range. Obviously he has his deficite in defense but his position game is good. What he lackes is disciplin. He wants to win back the ball too fast sometimes. That's why I think it can work out well with Torreira.

Then we have Guendouzi and he should be the heir of Xhaka. See what progress he makes and maybe you can think about selling Xhaka next year.

13. Alkane

Alkane Well-Known Member

I honestly wonder if Xhaka proponents watch anything more than match highlights and YouTube compilations.

Yes he can strike a ball, very good at set pieces and can spread the ball nicely when given space. Like Özil, a great home game player against lower opposition who will sit back and need to be unlocked.

Against the better teams his deficiency’s are plain to see. The guy can’t dribble, is scared to turn with the ball when facing his own goal and is horribly predictable due to how one footed he is. Any sniff of pressure and it’s a sideways or backwards pass, slows down our play massively. There’s a reason why so many teams target him, he is a clear weakness in the team. He would be a good squad option but obviously Arsenal don’t have the resources to have wages like his for a bench player.

14. RacingPhoton

So what? I can also take someone from a French league team and say he is better than a player in premier league. Apples and oranges comparison don't you think? Keeping oneself informed is not enough. One should know how to use this information. Fact is that Xhaka ****s his trousers when he is pressed. As of now, every team knows it and they will keep doing it. Fact is that, in premier league, Xhaka concedes many goals because of errors and stupid penalties. Worst in the league during in these three years. And here you are, worshipping him.

15. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Please don't feed this troll dude. @Erlis keeps responding because people keep feeding him. Posters of his quality (or severe lack thereof) should be ignored until they go away.
    Sick to death of this icon worship above the club. Start a Fecking Xhaka forum you brain dead nonce!

Ricardinho and RacingPhoton like this.
  16. RacingPhoton

He takes out ball from defense to attack - He takes ages to do so before which the opponent defense is well settled in their positions.
    In any team, a player in his position will have most key passes. Again, how quickly he makes those passes is important.

I don't like the idea of overlooking his errors. These are not "odd errors". 7 errors plus 4 penalties in 3 years is not odd occurrence. Dude has a serious problem that he is showing no signs of fixing.

17. RacingPhoton

Yup. My mistake that. Have never been able to have a proper reasonable argument with Xhaka fans.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  18. Mark Tobias

Massive difference between a player that gets stuck in and a player who is a walking liability. He doesn't use his brain when going in.
    Agreed he isn't the major problem right now though,.

19. Mark Tobias

Because anybody who is honestly an outright Xhaka fan (above Arsenal as well) is clueless about the sport.

RacingPhoton and CaseUteinberger like this.
  20. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Brutal... Just tells you all you need to know about this player. This guy has so many mistakes in him it's unreal.

RacingPhoton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.