• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
My problem is when these players get over hyped, you saw it with Ramsey and could agree. It irritates me because it's never about the quality of the player it's always some weird sentimental stuff.
from where I'm sitting the over hyping is easily balanced out by the over trashing - a bit of balanced commenting by both sides would make a nice change

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Remember that next time Erlis is here loving up Xhaka.

Erlis basically won against the haters though.
Yeah. That's an extreme level. Normally, haters keep pin-pointing the flaws of a player while fans keep pointing out his strengths and find some excuse for his weaknesses. These kind of arguments are interesting usually though it gets boring when the same points are being repeated by both the parties over a period of time.

Then there are some serious fans who just keep making statements like "He is the best player", "Arsenal should be blessed to have a player like him" without backing it with any facts or examples on why they feel that way. They even attack the club in support of the players. I don't bother with their comments anymore.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's staying, he's starting, he might be captain. We'd better get used to it. He's a good player, but he can not be playing s our DM with his lack of mobility. At stages last year, he was brilliant at unlocking defences with this curving balls in behind from deep. If we add a pacey winger, Tierney and Bellerin comes back, with Aubameyang up front, these balls could be a weapon.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Geoffrey not a fan

Was he really that bad last night? I read he was involved in the two goals but what about the bigger picture?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He wasn't bad at all, involved in both goals and should've had an assist for a beautiful through ball at the end of the game.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Was he really that bad last night? I read he was involved in the two goals but what about the bigger picture?
Doesn't matter how was he yesterday. What matters is that we will need to have 2 players around him to compensate for his defensive flaws and lack of attacking output. Some idiots like me would just remove him from the squad and play a guy that helps us in defence or adds goals in attack. I would survive without his diagonal balls for Kolasinac.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He wasn't good at all last night.

He didn't do anything that made me think a Ceballos of Willock couldn't replace him.

However he'll be the first name on the team sheet this season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He wasn't good at all last night.

He didn't do anything that made me think a Ceballos of Willock couldn't replace him.

However he'll be the first name on the team sheet this season.

Willock, Guendouzi, Torreira, Ceballos, none of them play this ball imo. Maybe it's not enough to say this alone should mean he's a guaranteed starter but he does have attributes which the others do not in terms of his range of passing.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Willock, Guendouzi, Torreira, Ceballos, none of them play this ball imo. Maybe it's not enough to say this alone should mean he's a guaranteed starter but he does have attributes which the others do not in terms of his range of passing.

Maybe not, we don't know yet. But that was in the 91st minute after a poor game.

Xhaka can be fantastic sometimes, he really can. It's just the consistency in his mistakes that make him infuriating.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Disappointed in Eddie there.

Needs to take all the chances he gets to impress greasy.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
What about bigger picture bro? Three moments in a game would be all well and good from say attacking midfielder but someone playing in granits position needs do far more.

How was his overall performance for the 90 minutes?
His overall performance was decent. It's those that decided he had a game bad after he lost possession once in the first half that need to look at the bigger picture. Ceballos cannot replace what Xhaka does, no one in our team can.

Anyway I'm not really a Xhaka fan per se but I find the unnecessary hate towards him annoying. Most people decided he had a bad game after he lost possession once in the first half and then ignored what happened for the rest of the game where he did some great things.

We still need a proper defensive midfielder as Torreira hasn't proved he can take that role and neither can Ceballos who is an attacking midfielder.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Look how much time and space he has to play it though. It is unrealistic to expect him to be able to do this in proper competitive football, especially in the PL.

He needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom