• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner140

Xhaka is not much of a left back, but he has made a formidable partnership with Torreira in the middle of the pitch.

He is finally playing like everyone expected him to play.

uriazu

Im usually very critic for him but he had a very good game yesterday
Him and Torreira did excellent against a superb team and dominated for quite long periods

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I hate to do this because I feel he has performed very well this season and often gets undeserved criticism. However, looking at the goal we conceded again, I think he's most responsible it.

The spotlight is on Leno because of where the ball ended up, but isn't it odd that Milner got an shot off uncontested? Well, looking at the replays, you see that Xhaka didn't track his run into the box.

It's one moment, and shouldn't overshadow a generally good performance, but he should be doing better there. We were unlucky to see the ball end up where it did, but Granit should still have tracked Milner anticipating a possible cutback from Mane or something of the sort.

as Wenger would say, we need to watch the whole action, and little bit before that to really judge.
did Xhaka just make a sprint before that, was he or the team let down by poor decision someone made,.. will look at those 2,3 minutes before the goal as I dont remember being pissed at him (I usually intercept those things and start yelling at players long before something really happens)

that aside, top performance, pool’s press did **** nothing to Xhaka. controlled, dictated, closed down... did everything so well

TheArsenalis

is it me or has he gotten a bit quicker as well

was shocked when he caught up to Salah
:lol::lol: i thought you couldn't improve on pace.

Bra i thought he was snail slow but it ddnt bother me, his qualities was much more important and when shows it. Supreme stuff.

How he caught salah. Thats an anomoly.:lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Keep proving me wrong Xhaka, Love it.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Thought he had an outstanding performance yesterday, my motm. Did everything I’ve been screaming about for him to do. Tackles, tenacity, quick and progressive passing, no lapses in concentration etc. I even saw him carry the ball from deep into Liverpool’s final third once, couldn’t believe my eyes lol. He really went up a level I didn’t think he could reach yesterday, credit to him. Thought he was brilliant against Leicester and did a good job at LB the last couple matches as well.

He still has a lot to prove imo and one great game won’t be near enough to redeem all the **** ones he’s had over the past 2 seasons. Wouldn’t be so quick to say I told you so like some posters have already in here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can't get over his performance yesterday, it was absolutely immense. The way he was pinging the ball about, passing through the lines constantly wide players in spaces out wide and in general just bossing the Liverpool midfield despite him and Lucas being outnumbered. It was honestly incredibly impressive. Not to mention his defensive contributions yesterday too especially the recovery tackle on Salah. All of a sudden an area of the pitch that was such a weakness for a long time, we know have two top players with guys like Guendouzi, AMN having huge potential in those positions too.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He is showing me his quality and more importantly proving to me that my opinion was wrong of him, and that's partly due to Emery as well.

We cannot play without him in the midfield, if we want to force matters.

Brilliant player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom