• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaoFelix

Doesn’t turn up in away matches, sulks when things don’t go his way, acts like a ***** on ig. Not my captain.

His fanboys can choke on his sauce too.
He does, that's a lie. Didn't he score at mestella? Didn't he score at eithad? Let Auba and Laca on the pitch 90 mins every time I can tell you he'll score more than he did last season. Plus he brings something unique to the team. And don't tell me you want Xhaka to be captain instead?

GDeep™

League is very weak
He does, that's a lie. Didn't he score at mestella? Didn't he score at eithad? Let Auba and Laca on the pitch 90 mins every time I can tell you he'll score more than he did last season. Plus he brings something unique to the team. And don't tell me you want Xhaka to be captain instead?
Doesn’t Emery have 3/4 captains? He’s not one of them.

Nacho, Xhaka, Özil.

Would’ve made Ramsey captain but he was pushed out the club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why don’t people want Xhaka when every manager likes him and sees him as captain material. They have more insight than us.

Maybe if Xhaka done a silly dance and posted it on ig you guys will love him more.

JoaoFelix

Xhaka is a natural leader, I agree with you. But he is just not good enough to be on the team. He would be on the bench if he was playing for City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Even Wolves. It's been 3 years since he joined us, he's still not consistent, still makes so many mistakes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Xhaka is a natural leader, I agree with you. But he is just not good enough to be on the team. He would be on the bench if he was playing for City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Even Wolves. It's been 3 years since he joined us, he's still not consistent, still makes so many mistakes.
That’s wider issue and can be sorted later. Right now he’s not going anywhere and is better than our other options so will play.

Had a decent season too, much better than that bum Torreira.

JoaoFelix

That’s wider issue and can be sorted later. Right now he’s not going anywhere and is better than our other options so will play.

Had a decent season too, much better than that bum Torreira.
If Xhaka had a decent season? Then what would be the word with the season Fabinho had? You all exceptation are so low. He was inconsistent, just like most of the team.
I think Willock is going to be way better than Xhaka. He looks more complete to me. Saying Xhaka had a better season than Torreira is hilarious. Torreira was way better than Xhaka.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If Xhaka isn't good enough then what does that say about Torreira who was a complete non-factor post-Christmas? Xhaka was still performing vs Chelsea, United, Sp**s and in the EL while Torreira's level dropped a ridiculous amount while we lost a few games were he wasn't playing and the whole teams performance and ability to control the midfield fell dramatically.

JoaoFelix

Look the way he's shaking when he's under pressure, how many times did he gave the ball away which costed us points?

JoaoFelix

If Xhaka isn't good enough then what does that say about Torreira who was a complete non-factor post-Christmas? Xhaka was still performing vs Chelsea, United, Sp**s and in the EL while Torreira's level dropped a ridiculous amount while we lost a few games were he wasn't playing and the whole teams performance and ability to control the midfield fell dramatically.
I agree with you torreira's performance dropped. Until christmas he was hailed as the best signing since years. It was his first season. It makes me sick how you are patient with Xhaka who has been there since three years but you ain't with torreira who's more younger and showed more to me.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I don’t understand the hate directed to him. I know he’s frustrating, but why not focus on all the players that have been unable to take his place?

He is crucial to our game. Have been since Cazorla got injured and will be next season
Who has "been unable" to take his place? Rookie Guendouzi from Ligue 2? Unfair to expect that of him just yet. Willock? Rookie Arsenal youth who's only now starting to flourish.

The problem is we've bought and managed our squad terribly. Maybe Ceballos will bench Xhaka but Emery is clearly enamoured with the guy so I can't see it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Why don’t people want Xhaka when every manager likes him and sees him as captain material. They have more insight than us.

Maybe if Xhaka done a silly dance and posted it on ig you guys will love him more.
Both Wenger and Emery liked him, one of them is already fired and the other is on a right track to be fired.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Both Wenger and Emery liked him, one of them is already fired and the other is on a right track to be fired.
Wenger wanted Kante. But his international managers and other clubs managers always had him as a leader.

Question his ability or style, but it seems he does a lot of things right for managers.

JoaoFelix

Wenger wanted Kante. But his international managers and other clubs managers always had him as a leader.

Question his ability or style, but it seems he does a lot of things right for managers.
Yes, but don't you think Ndombele would have benched him right away if he'd join us instead of Sp**s?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I agree with you torreira's performance dropped. Until christmas he was hailed as the best signing since years. It was his first season. It makes me sick how you are patient with Xhaka who has been there since three years but you ain't with torreira who's more younger and showed more to me.
Torreira was our standout performer before January. We've changed the way we play later and it wasn't working for him anymore. We will see how he does this year but I'm expecting big things from him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The thing is that the average football fan will only remember his big moments.
Managers will usually spend more time analysing what he did on the pitch because they are paid for it, but I personally struggle most of the time to see what's so special that he brings to us.
It could be the fact that I was a big fan of Cazorla/Silva type of midfielders and Xhaka is something else, he just doesn't fit my midfield player profile so my brain will catch only moments where he does something stupid. The same goes the other way, people who like Xhaka will always say that Cazorla was a weak midfielder because they only memorised his bad games.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Because he makes too many sloppy mistakes to be trusted, even when he's playing well. Too many bad passes for a player whose main strength is his passing. Too many times caught in possession because he's slow footed. Too many times on the wrong side of an attacker and being forced to commit a foul. Too many fouls he doesn't need to commit. Too many times he just doesn't track back at all. Too many times he shoots from 40 yards out just because the crowd tell him to (this I don't mind that much). You don't need to be his coach to observe these things.

The fact that he's so indispensable to our midfield is critically damaging to us because we'll always have to protect his numerous flaws. Just because the manager is reticent to replace him and keeps playing him, doesn't mean he's a great player. He's a decent player who does 1 or 2 things to an above average-excellent standard that few others do on the team, so by virtue he must play.

I don't see any captains in this Arsenal team. Xhaka would only be captain by literal default.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
"If Xhaka is such a bad player, why do managers play him regularly?"
This is such a silly argument. Our manager was even forced to play Mustafi regularly last season. Does not make him a great player.
When Emery took over, we had only Xhaka and Elneny as midfielders. We immediately bought Torreira and Gendouzi. Gendouzi is still raw and Torreira is adapting. Given the number of other positions which require serious reinforcements, we didn't invest much on CM. Ceballos is the only decent competition he has had for this spot. If we are playing a 2 man midfield, I hope Ceballos takes over Xhaka's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom