• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's had to disable comments on Instagram due to abuse from "fans". I don't like him on the pitch but it wouldn't even cross my mind to directly abuse the guy. The generation of social media warriors is beyond depressing. The Internet has been simultaneously the best and worst invention.

Anyway, his corners couldn't beat the first man yesterday - I always feel like that's a mental thing when that happens repeatedly. He knows the fans don't rate him, don't think we will see him give us 100%.

say yes

forum master baiter
He's had to disable comments on Instagram due to abuse from "fans". I don't like him on the pitch but it wouldn't even cross my mind to directly abuse the guy. The generation of social media warriors is beyond depressing. The Internet has been simultaneously the best and worst invention.

Anyway, his corners couldn't beat the first man yesterday - I always feel like that's a mental thing when that happens repeatedly. He knows the fans don't rate him, don't think we will see him give us 100%.
People who abuse our players directly on social media are absolute ****.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He's getting 90 mins in preseason even. Not sure how he gets so much game time.

Because he has some unique qualities. Unfortunately, they come with some flaws as well.

He's going to play a lot of games, and frankly I don't mind as much now that we are actually getting our priorities straight. Get Tierney and a CB in after Pepe, and we'll worry about midfield next year when Ceballos might leave and Xhaka might get upgraded.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

I think both Xhaka and his wife have disabled comments some months back. I hate Xhaka. But abusing them on social media is a shameful act.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Much better than the previous arsenal captains, those that were captaining from the time Xhaka is at Arsenal, who were invisible or no one felt their presence on the pitch. They were always hiding whenever was time to stand up for their team and teammates. I will hide let the rest fight, mentality.

Just like internet warriors.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Much better than the previous arsenal captains, those that were captaining from the time Xhaka is at Arsenal, who were invisible or no one felt their presence on the pitch. They were always hiding whenever was time to stand up for their team and teammates. I will hide let the rest fight, mentality.
This is a fair point. Agree.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Just like internet warriors.
I wish Xhaka would hide somewhere else so we don’t have to play him

Stannis

Call me crazy but hector or Holding should be made captain

Both imo are starters (I know people still have doubts over holding, but less season we started falling apart without him) . Both I don’t see moving any time soon (can’t see Barca going for hector now), and both are some of the more sincere players going around

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Call me crazy but hector or Holding should be made captain

Both imo are starters (I know people still have doubts over holding, but less season we started falling apart without him) . Both I don’t see moving any time soon (can’t see Barca going for hector now), and both are some of the more sincere players going around

Bellerin is no captain, and Holding isn't an established player yet. Xhaka is one of the few leaders on the pitch, and he's one of the first on the team sheet. It makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom