• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think Xhaka-Partey will definitely be our big game pivot at home. Which is fine because you want disclipline more than anything when playing a top 6 side. We beat United and Chelsea away last season with Elneny-Partey, it would be interesting to see if Arteta goes back to that pivot in the big away games. I think Lokonga-Partey should be our default pivot. It allows Partey the most freedom to move forward because Lokonga can cover ground and at least tackle.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If that comes true you deserve a year's supply of your favourite brand of tramp juice! ;)

The 35p energy drink that also works as a good degreasing agent will do chief! :D

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Such a weird player because he's very disciplined with the ball and then turns into a drunk with brain damage when he has to defend.
Think he has had his share of brain farts with the ball at his feet also. Don't want to take that away from him!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If discipline is what you want, then Xhaka should be nowhere near the team.
When I say discipline I don’t mean temperament. I know what Xhaka is, but in most games, unlike a Sambi or Elneny he won’t be tempted to vacate his position.

IstraBalagina

Thing with Xhaka is that he shouldn't be the leading midfielder the way Arsenal tried to make him, he can be useful in certain games when we have possession (Norwich at home for instance) but he's not effective against pressing opponents, like City or Liverpool away. Can be a good squad option and he's not as bad as some fans trying to portray.

As long as we bring a top CM that will play beside Partey, I don't care if he stays or not.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I expect Xhaka will probably be back in the side for the Sp**s match.

At this stage I honestly think we're better off giving AMN or Lokonga a run in the side. I accept that Xhaka is a better player than either at this stage. But there's potential with Lokonga and AMN and room for growth. We know what we're getting with Xhaka, he's not going to become more dynamic or improve his mobility or speed of decision making and those rush of blood to the head moments are always going to be there.

Don't want to get too political but the not having the vaccine stuff makes me not a fan of him on any level. To me it's very unprofessional behaviour.

Wiggins

Won't be long before someone outshines him to such an extent that he ends up a squaddie. There's not much to it. Maybe Lakonga, maybe someone else.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

What the difference between this and Xhaka against city? Xhaka act stupid and maybe deserve his red even if he get the ball and not cancelo ankle but sometimes red cards he getting is ridiculously soft and oh it's the same referee it's basically same kind of tackle . I just don't understand anymore the English refs are entering the corruption stage and im not really joking

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

What the difference between this and Xhaka against city? Xhaka act stupid and maybe deserve his red even if he get the ball and not cancelo ankle but sometimes red cards he getting is ridiculously soft and oh it's the same referee it's basically same kind of tackle . I just don't understand anymore the English refs are entering the corruption stage and im not really joking

Ref inconsistency has been a thing for years. So has Xhakas stupidity.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
didn't we appeal a couple of red cards last season? no mention of it with this one so must agree with decision 🤷‍♂️

dont like how needlessly aggressive the Burnley tackle was but the guy is incontrol + not jumped in... he gets it a fraction wrong then a yellow / red

Pyres7

There was this one as well, Ashley Barnes against Leeds.

He only got a yellow for that. Look at how high that tackle is!

Xhaka's was a definite red too but the double standards are sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom