• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He was okay & played a role in the 2nd goal(albeit it was a foul probably). So no complaints from me today, hope he has a speedy recovery

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wasn't long ago a few on here were joking about it being sods law how indestructible he was. Would have been a harsh pen, but we've seen them given, so he got lucky for once. Great or sh!t, we need everybody fit.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Played quite well, as he usually does in the big games. That blow to the knee looked awful by the way, many players would end up with a serious knee injury I think, but Xhaka is remarkably robust.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Man watched our 2nd goal he near got caught it was risky pass from Ramsdale but xhaka did thankfully reacted well.

Xhaka sometimes not aware in his surroundings when teams press us

Vanpayslip

Man watched our 2nd goal he near got caught it was risky pass from Ramsdale but xhaka did thankfully reacted well.

Xhaka sometimes not aware in his surroundings when teams press us
He did a couple of reckless things today. I was very surprised that he did given that he walked straight back into the team if the back of his needless red against City.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He did a couple of reckless things today. I was very surprised that he did given that he walked straight back into the team if the back of his needless red against City.
Its because of mikel he got massive faith in him other manager he'd have xhaka sold and buy replacement

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Its because of mikel he got massive faith in him other manager he'd have xhaka sold and buy replacement
I don't want Xhaka to start but how are you sure of this? Wenger, Emery never tried to sell him as well despite his mistakes. Only time he was close to leaving was because of asking fans to feck off and not coz Emery didn't want him. Mou wants him badly as well.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Just found out he’s injured. That’s awful. He should take his time coming back. Take a year off or so. Don’t want to risk further injury before his big move to Stoke for 4m.
Ironically increases Teta's chances of surviving the job.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not a fan of his, but still hope injury isn't bad! Having had surgery to both my knees in my youth and now being older limping around on two bad knees, I don't wish knee injuries and surgeries on anyone. Hope he comes out fine from this! The fact that he walked around with ice on his knee might indicate that it isn't that bad, although I walked off both time my ACL tore, so who knows.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Sambi - Thomas partnership with Niles and Elneny covering looks like. We seriously downgrading in CM after Partey tho.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Most of us freaked out over Xhaka starting v Sp**s...another classic disasterclass from him, perhaps?

Granit's response..."lads, it's Tottenham."

Played very well today, big part in the first 2 goals.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Meh, it was a decent game. Nothing special, but it'll be hyped to the moon, and nothing terrible, but people will pick on moments

OSBK

Established Member
Am I the only one who thought that despite the fact that he played well he was on the edge of two or three yellow cards and thus could have been sent off? That I believe is the biggest problem with his game.

I actually enjoyed those moments. Its the NLD and in these games you want hard tackling, you want to be aggressive.

I thought this was one of his best games for us. He played well, we saw nothing from Sp**s midfield till he went off. He was on the front foot and yes was aggressive and pushed the boundries.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Am I the only one who thought that despite the fact that he played well he was on the edge of two or three yellow cards and thus could have been sent off? That I believe is the biggest problem with his game.
You're not alone. I thought the same and would have subbed Lokonga on much earlier.

amigo

But the problem with Xhaka is he's already built up a reputation so he can't afford to do things that other players can. So that puts him in a catch 22 situation. Either lose the aggression and with it some of his game and intensity is gone or continue with it and know that every other game is a yellow and one or two times a season is a sending off. Can we afford that in one of our players? I am not a Xhaka hater just worried that everytime he's playing we are at real risk of going a man down. I think he'll be better off not being played for 90 minutes and being either a sub or subbed off regular on the hour mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom