• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Worst player on the pitch it’s testament to how good Partey is that he makes this fraud look sort of serviceable. He’s not fooling anyone though he will let you down when you rely on him because he’s an average player.

Stoke for 4m.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Hope that the injury isn't as bad - we're a bit short in midfield as it is, admittedly Lokonga and AMN reduce the pressure a little, but for all his faults Xhaka performs more often than not and if both him and Partey are out together in January we'll almost certainly have problems.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He had a couple decisions on the ball I didn't like (one in middle of the pitch where he had a direct pass to Ødegaard on and he decided to go sideways with a lifted ball and hit a Sp**s player with it), another where he could've played Tierney through on the ground in the final third and he decided to huff it into the box.

That said, the rest of his game was good and you can't underestimate his contribution to the 2nd goal. One because he bails Ramsdale out from a bit of poor decision making which could've easily been the 1-1. Two because he manages to turn that near disaster into a goal scoring move.
I think we are ready to see Ode/ESR/Lokonga (maybe even Saka sometimes) flank Partey as two number eights.

Xhaka turns up but I think we might have outgrown him as a team now. I guess this injury forces us to find out.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Love him or hate him (I'm not his fan), he adds positional discipline and physical presence to the midfield.

I feel really confident that we're winning most areal duels and 50/50s i in the middle with him and Partey. Also we rarely lose shape.

Melquiades

Hope that the injury isn't as bad - we're a bit short in midfield as it is, admittedly Lokonga and AMN reduce the pressure a little, but for all his faults Xhaka performs more often than not and if both him and Partey are out together in January we'll almost certainly have problems.

Yup.

I'm no great fan of this player but when I see people cheering or dismissing his potential injury ... come on. Our depth in MF is very poor and it's a lot better to have him healthy than not, especially when Partey is away.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Xhaka has Albanian blood. He'll be fine. I doubt its anything serious, if it were they wouldn't have let him walk around and celebrate with the fans.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It'd be **** if he's done his ACL or has to have 3 months out. The reports are a worry. We can't afford to lose options that the manager obviously fancies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Love him or hate him (I'm not his fan), he adds positional discipline and physical presence to the midfield.

I feel really confident that we're winning most areal duels and 50/50s i in the middle with him and Partey. Also we rarely lose shape.
I looked at the numbers of Xhaka vs various midfielders that we were linked with back in the transfer window and one of the things that stood out was how good he is in the air compared to most. I mean it's not surprising, he's 6ft and can play as a utility CB but still - he definitely gives us some physicality. Ultimately I think Lokonga becomes the better player, but right now Xhaka is an experienced premier league operator and whilst not perfect he has the ability to dominate in matches (when not giving away goals).

RacingPhoton

Established Member
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANIT!!

One thing is obvious that you add the trait of handsomeness to that, in general, ugly league!

As for the match, Xhaka returns and I see the best match I have ever seen Arsenal play against Sp**s! Kudos to you !
That's because you started watching Arsenal only after Xhaka joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom