• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
i think money always available there is no imaginary 200m the fans who thought Kroenke giving us that need to wake up. but it's no surprise we need to make sure we selling them and trim the squad before adding players i have no problem with that because this is good planning.
If money really isn't a problem the strategy of getting sales done first doesn't make sense to me. Many targets can end up off the market in the meantime. Some other clubs in the PL are moving fast. If Neves is a serious target I hope we just get it done while knowing this negotiation for Xhaka might take some weeks to show we are not a soft touch.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If money really isn't a problem the strategy of getting sales done first doesn't make sense to me. Many targets can end up off the market in the meantime. Some other clubs in the PL are moving fast. If Neves is a serious target I hope we just get it done while knowing this negotiation for Xhaka might take some weeks to show we are not a soft touch.
i understand your point but we can't add players while the players we want sold stay here. what happen if these players end up not moving? we'll be in big trouble and end up sending them in loan or selling them so cheap because we'll be desperate to get them off. we have 6 midfielders we'll need at least sell 2 before adding 1.

Iceman10

Established Member
i understand your point but we can't add players while the players we want sold stay here. what happen if these players end up not moving? we'll be in big trouble and end up sending them in loan or selling them so cheap because we'll be desperate to get them off. we have 6 midfielders we'll need at least sell 2 before adding 1.
It's a risk we have to be prepared to take but it would be extreme incompetence if we are stuck with surplus after transfer deadline day. If it comes to TDD, things haven't worked out, and we have to flog off Xhaka for 10m so be it, but we can't compromise ourselves allowing our PL competitors to beat us to the punch for our preferred targets. What stops Everton or Spuds doing the same as Villa to us?

Xorspy

£15million plus Amadou Diawara, great deal, get it done. Diawara is highly underrated and undervalued at Roma and would serve as a great backup to Partey or partner.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He had a pretty decent season everything considered. If we ship him out, Edu better come up with the goods....

Iceman10

Established Member
£15million plus Amadou Diawara, great deal, get it done. Diawara is highly underrated and undervalued at Roma and would serve as a great backup to Partey or partner.
Picking up players in part exchange like this is not as attractive as it sounds. We don't have enough homegrown players in our squad and hence squad registration is a major challenge. Adding numbers with non-HG players has to be with players we really want, and quality. In the end this will all probably be settled at 17-18m for Xhaka. I'm sure it will be spun by both clubs, Arsenal likely will make it look better than it is by incorporating add-ons in the topline number.

Pyres7

Whatever we do, I hope we get the business done early enough to get our main signings in before our preseason starts. None of this deadline day rubbish, we can't afford to have them missing the first two weeks or a preseason with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom