• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Hard to understand how come no other club wants Xhaka despite his excellent Euros...

Clubs like Milan, Napoli or even German clubs should be all over him. Very weird.
Because clubs have scouts who watched him for years and know his weaknesses. One good match in Euros doesn't change that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We can't complain about the fee when the majority of the fanbase thinks he is dogshit, just doesn't make sense.

The important thing is we claw something back and do something decent with the funds.

"XHAKA IS TERRIBLE GET HIM OUT OF MY CLUB"

*Xhaka gets sold*

"WTF EDU AND EVERYONE OUT"

neimad

*Xhaka gets sold*

I think most would be critical of the low fee. You can want a player gone but also expect us not to get fleeced every time we seem to sell a player.

Is it Richard Garlick that leads these negotiations? Came with a big reputation so you'd expect us to improve in this area.

I will say though it's obviously a tough market for all clubs out there right now and sure the Italians are notorious for being tight with their fees.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think most would be critical of the low fee. You can want a player gone but also expect us not to get fleeced every time we seem to sell a player.

Is it Richard Garlick that leads these negotiations? Came with a big reputation so you'd expect us to improve in this area.

I will say though it's obviously a tough market for all clubs out there right now and sure the Italians are notorious for being tight with their fees.
It comes from the market you're selling to. The only clubs with purchasing power just now are PL teams. Clubs are having fire sales (if you believe the prices quoted for Aouar)

After watching him struggle season in season out which PL team is gonna stump up 25m for Xhaka? The fee is automatically reduced. Extract the maximum we can but not at the risk of it collapsing.

neimad

It comes from the market you're selling to. The only clubs with purchasing power just now are PL teams. Clubs are having fire sales (if you believe the prices quoted for Aouar)

After watching him struggle season in season out which PL team is gonna stump up 25m for Xhaka? The fee is automatically reduced. Extract the maximum we can but not at the risk of it collapsing.

Yeah he has to go for both his own good and ours. We'll reach a middle ground. Will be lower than what many had expected. I had £20 million in mind but I'd rather he left than collapse the deal.

The fact there doesn't seem to be many clubs pushing for him definitely weakens our hand too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

2 years left
high wages
openly wants to leave the club
every club in europe besides PL sides strapped for cash

Getting even £15M for Xhaka currently would be good business. It'll only be deemed as poor business because of what he cost us, but who cares right now. There's no way we were ever going to get north of £20M for Xhaka.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Might be out scoring him, but so would Darren Bent. All round though, Giroud was a better player.

Should’ve signed Higuain AND Özil. I don’t even rate Higuain but he would’ve put away all those easy chances Giroud missed for 3 months when we were on course for a title.

Even more so putting a bigger offer for Suarez on the table.

Suarez, Alexis and Özil would've been incredible. :(

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Roma score 10 in pre-season game. Mou might not want him again. We drag this out too long and we might end up keeping him.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Roma score 10 in pre-season game. Mou might not want him again. We drag this out too long and we might end up keeping him.
Now who's overreacting to pre-season. -.-

Also yes, he still wants him. He's his priority target. This deal will get done for that reason alone. Roma is just 10x more competent in negotiations than us.

Mourinho is the reason Roma is going after Xhaka in the first place. Mourinho is the reason Xhaka decided to take this step.

This hasn't been brewing since yesterday....

Jose Mourinho on Granit Xhaka in 2019: "Xhaka is the main man in the entire Arsenal midfield, you can't see it unless I lend you one of my eyes. Without him, Arsenal is lost. He is a leader.

When Granit Xhaka fouled Lucas Moura in the second half the Sp**s manager jumped off his seat and screamed at referee Michael Oliver asking for a second yellow card.

Xhaka's response? The Swiss midfielder looked towards Mourinho and began to laugh in his direction for 10 seconds, before wagging his finger at the Portuguese to say it wasn't a booking.

cmluaG8uanBn

Obviously was never going to happen while Jose was at Tottenham or even in the PL. But him going to Roma was the perfect opportunity.

ImpCannon66

Inter can do one, I don't want to lose a player of his quality.

Between Xhaka amd Sokratis for future captain.
He used the Euros well as a shop window. Barely ever makes a forward pass for Gooners yet never went back for Switzerland and played with a desire he has never shown for us in all the time has been with us. Clearly wants to leave so let him.

Taneruit

Established Member

He used the Euros well as a shop window. Barely ever makes a forward pass for Gooners yet never went back for Switzerland and played with a desire he has never shown for us in all the time has been with us. Clearly wants to leave so let him.
His stats in the euros, including his forward passes weren't much different in the euros than they were for us. The slower pace just accentuates them and lets the role of the DLP (like Jorginho and Hojbjerg) shine more. Adding to that people here have become selective about what Xhaka they see on the pitch.

In pure amount of forward passes Xhaka is among the top in the premier league (first in final third entries) and even in percentage is not that much lower than Partey. Xhaka has 68% of all passes going forward, Partey has 72%.

The one you're looking for is Elneny who has indeed a majority of his passes going backwards.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Now who's overreacting to pre-season. -.-

Also yes, he still wants him. He's his priority target. This deal will get done for that reason alone. Roma is just 10x more competent in negotiations than us.

Mourinho is the reason Roma is going after Xhaka in the first place. Mourinho is the reason Xhaka decided to take this step.

This hasn't been brewing since yesterday....

cmluaG8uanBn

Obviously was never going to happen while Jose was at Tottenham or even in the PL. But him going to Roma was the perfect opportunity.
Don't think Xhaka has fallen out with any manager in his playing time, all of them seem to rate him. Its the fans that he's fallen out with, and that too just Arsenal ones. I think he's remembered fondly in Mochengladbach.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

*Xhaka gets sold*

There is debate on this one but I think the Mavropanos deal tells you everything you need to know about Edu.

He sold him for absolute peanuts. A price which I would rather forget about and ‘risk’ loaning him to a PL side, where you get real exposure on your assets.

I will of course judge at the end of the window but he seems like a poor negotiator so far. Been bullied by two DOFS Mislintat and Roma. Somehow both players were only linked to those clubs and the same is seeming to happen with Willock even. Which is absolutely ridiculous. So let’s see. So far he’s been 4/10.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
His stats in the euros, including his forward passes weren't much different in the euros than they were for us. The slower pace just accentuates them and lets the role of the DLP (like Jorginho and Hojbjerg) shine more. Adding to that people here have become selective about what Xhaka they see on the pitch.

In pure amount of forward passes Xhaka is among the top in the premier league (first in final third entries) and even in percentage is not that much lower than Partey. Xhaka has 68% of all passes going forward, Partey has 72%.

The one you're looking for is Elneny who has indeed a majority of his passes going backwards.
That forward passes statistic has been debunked already to prove that they were played towards Tierney running on the left wing. He hardly played through balls for us. But he played them for Switzerland.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
That forward passes statistic has been debunked already to prove that they were played towards Tierney running on the left wing. He hardly played through balls for us. But he played them for Switzerland.
This is true tbh. I have rarely seen Xhaka play a line breaking pass into our forward players. He’s 10x better at channel passes which he is great at.

At Fabregas esque passes he is poor imo, and that’s why he gets stick. He always opts for ‘forward’ passes to Tierney / left winger or back passes. Some cross field balls too.

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I am getting a bit worried. Had hoped this would be done by now! Especially after the good Euros he had. Hope we are not getting greedy! :pray:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's Xhaka's destiny to stay here forever, and kill Arsenal Football Club...it's Arsenal Football Club's destiny, to make sure Xhaka doesn't get what he wants.

As soon as these 2 accept their fate, they will be much more content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom