• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Again, you are misunderstanding the anger here. You admitted that Xhaka is not a player good enough to be a starter here. This move means we are not planning to buy another starter this season. This was a role that has been needing an upgrade for quite a long time. Cazorla to Xhaka was a major drop in quality and it's stupid of us to not fix that immediate.

And people would be fine if he had stayed back without contract extension. We are now making the same mistakes again. A mediocre player that no one will want is going to be here on high wages and longer contract. We won't be able to sell him. He is not the kind of player who is useful from bench too. He will be another Kolasinac.
You're wasting your time. According to him whoever that doesn’t rate xhaka doesn’t understand football. Now he has softened his stance seeing how nobody related to football actually rates his hero

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He is a good player and a valuable option to have.

A club with ambition keeps Xhaka and gets a new CM anyway.

You need competition for starting spots, not Elneny being happy on the bench ffs
You could keep him and have the same competition without having to extend his contract until 2025. I never said Elneny is good. Lokonga and Willock are good to come from bench. We need Partey + a new CM who is a regular starter.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Again, you are misunderstanding the anger here. You admitted that Xhaka is not a player good enough to be a starter here. This move means we are not planning to buy another starter this season. This was a role that has been needing an upgrade for quite a long time. Cazorla to Xhaka was a major drop in quality and it's stupid of us to not fix that immediate.

And people would be fine if he had stayed back without contract extension. We are now making the same mistakes again. A mediocre player that no one will want is going to be here on high wages and longer contract. We won't be able to sell him. He is not the kind of player who is useful from bench too. He will be another Kolasinac.

I'm all for upgrading any player we have in the first 11, but from the guys we've been linked to for the CM postion, I don't see how any of them are 20/30million pounds better than Xhaka, which is by the sounds of it what the outlay would be.

In my opinion it would help the team more if we just kept Xhaka around for another season, and put that money towards a RB/AM/CF.

Kysus

You could keep him and have the same competition without having to extend his contract until 2025. I never said Elneny is good. Lokonga and Willock are good to come from bench. We need Partey + a new CM who is a regular starter.
Protecting the value of assets. Letting Xhaka run his contract down would be stupid.

Right now Xhaka is a better player than both Willock and Logonka so selling him would weaken us.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I'm all for upgrading any player we have in the first 11, but from the guys we've been linked to for the CM postion, I don't see how any of them are 20/30million pounds better than Xhaka, which is by the sounds of it what the outlay would be.

In my opinion it would help the team more if we just kept Xhaka around for another season, and put that money towards a RB/AM/CF.
CM position is as important for us to upgrade as RB position. We want a player who is good enough to start for us regularly. Other positions can easily wait. Instead, we are throwing all our money at CBs and AM.

Olivier_Giroud

Nobody wants any of our players, even a half decent spell in the Euros can't undo what other managers have seen when they've watched them plodding in the swamps of Arteta ball.
Arteta has really sunken the value of our player to the point that we end up practically giving our players for free and even end up paying other clubs just to get rid of them. Arteta really needs to go as soon as possible, November at the latest. We should not be surprised if Ben White's value will be down to 10 million pounds by the end of the season if we persist with Arteta, which I doubt we will because his position will be untenable by October after losing massive points and serving garbage football during August and September.

Just let him run down his contract since no one wants him. Not sure why we're extending with a pay raise.
Arteta - another one of his mind boggling decisions. He has always been part of his plans since the very start according to Sky Sports. We will not be buying his replacement as he will be with us for years, at least we will not be buying crap like Neves which is a downgrade.

"While it may appear to be a U-turn by Arsenal, it is thought Arteta never wanted to let Xhaka go having initially convinced him to stay in January 2020."

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Hope he's booed to kingdom come, I don't care how childish that is. This club will continue to decline with him still here.
and that would achieve what? the club will continue to decline if fans refuse to get behind the team, even if it contains players they would rather see gone

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Protecting the value of assets. Letting Xhaka run his contract down would be stupid.

Right now Xhaka is a better player than both Willock and Logonka so selling him would weaken us.
What value are you protecting? When he was 28, only Hertha wanted him. When he is 29, only Roma was interested and they feel he is not worth more than 13M. Do you think his value is going to increase in the future? No one wants him and we are here offering him a longer contract on higher wages.

Kysus

Ah yes protecting the non existent value when no one wants to buy him. But sure, teams will line up to buy him when he is over 30 & will have a bigger wage
Roma clearly want him, just low balling us because we are Charity FC that gave them Mhiki for free.
Torreira & CO on the other hand you could not sell for a bag of crisps.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I want someone that gets ahead of Xhaka and where there is absolutely no bonus for Xhaka to play over others.
Then I want someone big signed besides him for the CM spot on top of it, since we dont need to invest on Xhaka.

If, and only if, the above is satisfied, then keeping Xhaka is not bad at all, since he is definitely better than Neves/Guimaraes and the other slow turtles we have been linked for the same profile thus far.

I dont want Xhaka without real sincere competition here and I also dont like a midfield with a player of his profile for Arsenal, but at what he is and does, those others arent better.
He'd look worldclass in some other leagues where his profile fits like a glove.

Kysus

What value are you protecting? When he was 28, only Hertha wanted him. When he is 29, only Roma was interested and they feel he is not worth more than 13M. Do you think his value is going to increase in the future? No one wants him and we are here offering him a longer contract on higher wages.
Clubs are busto and selling market is nonexistent.
We have like 10 players on the market and Xhaka seems the only one to fetch real interest

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Anyone who thinks that 13mil for Xhaka is better than him staying need to get their head examined.
Xhaka hate is getting beyond ridiculous at this point.

He is a good, valuable player who has a lot to offer. As a starter he might not be quite good enough for a club of our ambition but that does not mean you have to sell him...
You need quality depth in CM ffs, get rid of Elneny instead.
Give your head a wobble ffs!!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

From a footballing perspective it was looking very unlikely that we upgraded the Xhaka-Partey midfield so this isn’t the worst news, you don’t get rid of a guy just to get rid of him.

From a forum perspective this is awful, a select bunch are going to moan all season. 😂

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Clubs are busto and selling market is nonexistent.
We have like 10 players on the market and Xhaka seems the only one to fetch real interest
What excuse you have got for last year when only Hertha came in? Roma pays everyone else higher transfer fee but not for Xhaka.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Amazon All or Nothing staff hearing Xhaka is staying.

92-B470-D2-11-E6-467-F-A1-B9-BCBF804579-D8.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I want someone that gets ahead of Xhaka and where there is absolutely no bonus for Xhaka to play over others.
Then I want someone big signed besides him for the CM spot on top of it, since we dont need to invest on Xhaka.

If, and only if, the above is satisfied, then keeping Xhaka is not bad at all, since he is definitely better than Neves/Guimaraes and the other slow turtles we have been linked for the same profile thus far.

I dont want Xhaka without real sincere competition here and I also dont like a midfield with a player of his profile for Arsenal, but at what he is and does, those others arent better.
He'd look worldclass in some other leagues where his profile fits like a glove.
I don’t think people realise that many of their wish listed players would do a worse job than Xhaka in his current role. I too want a change of system in midfield but it doesn’t look like it’s happening so sticking with Xhaka is the best thing we can do.

The guys who are clearly better than him at the role he plays for us are simply at better clubs or will choose better clubs over us. There are guys like Neves who might be better than him but do you want to pay 30M plus for a guy who might not be better than what you have now?

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Roma clearly want him, just low balling us because we are Charity FC that gave them Mhiki for free.
Torreira & CO on the other hand you could not sell for a bag of crisps.
So we should pay like 180k a week for four years to a 28 year old player who has been awful for five years & should be on the bench at best. Roma didn’t low ball us at all, they just think he is worth that & rightfully so. They'll spend more for players they think are worth more than him.
But yeah keep on saying he is good because nobody in other clubs paid to make footballing decisions seem to think that way

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I so wish that the extended contract rumors are just just put out there to try to get Roma to up their bid. That they are just a negotiation trick. Please God let it be that way!

GDeep™

League is very weak
I so wish that the extended contract rumors are just just put out there to try to get Roma to up their bid. That they are just a negotiation trick. Please God let it be that way!
He wants to leave, if he rejects the new deal that puts us in an even worse situation when negotiating with Roma.

Why are you so desperate to see him leave when we haven’t been linked with a better player? Lesser players are costing 3 times as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom