• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Amazon All or Nothing staff hearing Xhaka is staying.
Do we know when they are scheduled to start with the shooting or they already started ?

Also, when do they usually start releasing the episodes?

I didn't watch the City or the Sp**s ones.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
So is the title going to be changed from “out” to ”new contract and mo’ money” :D?
ZWNyZWFtLmpwZw

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Do we know when they are scheduled to start with the shooting or they already started ?

Also, when do they usually start releasing the episodes?

I didn't watch the City or the Sp**s ones.
I watched both. Think somewhere around preseason. Sp**s one they really fastforwarded through the Potchettino drama though.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The elation of signing White quickly dissipated after this most horrendous of developments!

He's like Michael Bay's "Transformers" films, keeps coming back despite no one wanting to see more after the first one turned out to be abysmal :lol:

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

roz

Fake News Merchant
First time in ages I’ve seen the club show some balls. As some have mentioned. Better than anyone we’ve been linked with.

Neves being touted for 30+mil is a joke.

We signed Xhaka for around that much and whilst we overpaid he’s a better player since signing for us. By far our best CM last season. The minimum you’d sell for is 25 and only if you were going to bring someone better in so what’s the point?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Nah some of you lot are being silly here. Xhaka costs us 6 points a season, he's had 9 errors leading to goals and 2 came just last season with mistakes you'd see kids make. He's in his prime and is still doing rubbish like this, let alone he's still getting stupid red cards.

We absolutely should be moving on, a new contract is literally the worst-case scenario.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
First time in ages I’ve seen the club show some balls. As some have mentioned. Better than anyone we’ve been linked with.

Neves being touted for 30+mil is a joke.

We signed Xhaka for around that much and whilst we overpaid he’s a better player since signing for us. By far our best CM last season. The minimum you’d sell for is 25 and only if you were going to bring someone better in so what’s the point?
you are not wrong about that and we shouldn't be bullied but Xhaka want to leave and i don't want us keeping player who is going to be unhappy and not fully committed we force him to stay once but we can't keep doing that, still Xhaka will get his move but Roma need to grow up and put the 20M we want.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
In 2023, we will be crying about why we have a useless player on high wages who no one is willing to buy. If he is a regular starter for us at that time, it's an even worse predicament for the club.

Long contracts should be given to good players who have proved something here. If we are going to give it away to someone who has been stinking the midfield for 5 years and no good club would touch with a barge pole, it just shows that the club has never learned from its mistakes. Pathetic management.

roz

Fake News Merchant
you are not wrong about that and we shouldn't be bullied but Xhaka want to leave and i don't want us keeping player who is going to be unhappy and not fully committed we force him to stay once but we can't keep doing that, still Xhaka will get his move but Roma need to grow up and put the 20M we want.
Don’t get the impression he’s the sort of player to kick up a fuss because he didn’t get a move to Roma. Its in his interest to perform if he wants to leave at the end of his deal otherwise no decent side will want him.

Personally I wouldn’t even accept 20mil.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Nah some of you lot are being silly here. Xhaka costs us 6 points a season, he's had 9 errors leading to goals and 2 came just last season with mistakes you'd see kids make. He's in his prime and is still doing rubbish like this, let alone he's still getting stupid red cards.

We absolutely should be moving on, a new contract is literally the worst-case scenario.
People keep crying about not finding a proper replacement. But a player who does the basic stuff he does without those mistakes itself is a huge upgrade for us.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He wants to leave, if he rejects the new deal that puts us in an even worse situation when negotiating with Roma.

Why are you so desperate to see him leave when we haven’t been linked with a better player? Lesser players are costing 3 times as much.
I just cannot take another season how his braindead mistakes costing us games and points. I have honestly also moved passed the neutral position on Xhaka. I just want us to move on. When he puts on an Arsenal shirt I immediately get bad vibes. There are simply too many bad memories from the years he has been here. Besides all the mistakes and poor games the throwing of the armband still sticks out. I struggle to forgive that.

I still cheer his goals when he scores for us though and I want him to do well when he plays, but any mistake I just overreact. Watching him play for Switzerland in the Euros I actually felt none of that. Cheering for the Swiss against France I was happy for him and them. Think I even posted here on AM afterwards that for the few pro-Xhaka posters here this was the time to gloat! I know I would have! ;)

Finesse

Xhaka is better than everyone we’ve been linked to. Lesser players are costing 3 times as much too.

Nobody should cry about this.

This is something I struggle to reconcile @GDeep™ . We have managed to build this scapegoat mentality and it has become a mainstay with how we approach everything. Partey by his standards was inconsistent and lacking last season and if not for Xhaka especially in the last 6 months, we struggled to keep the midfield under control. Last season he was used to cover CB and LB at times and he was always there when we needed character and leadership. Today fans are talking about a new player to play with Partey. No Partey should give us what we know he can deliver consistently for the coming season. If he does and the Xhaka who finished the season and played the Euros continues from there , then we are absolutely fine. This is safer than the linked players so far. He may not be many people’s cup of tea but some of the comments and baked opinions on here are ridiculous.

His contract should be extended. Is this not what we accused the last management of doing? Letting players run down their deals? With no resell value? We refused to cave into Roma’s ridiculous valuation. The club should get credit for it. Not only the flak most on here give off when they get it wrong and sell below valuation and out of desperation.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Feel like this is a myth these days but due to pure bad luck it remains valid. Quite a few arsenal players have gotten stupid reds, there was a segment on sky sports about Arsenal’s poor discipline under Arteta. Because Xhaka is the only one with a history of reds it stands out though.

As for the ‘costing us x points’ again this is one that he’s pretty much gotten rid of, what’s left is Arteta’s arsenal putting defenders in positions where they are likely to mess up. Leno, Gabriel, Bellerin, Holding, Luiz, Mari and Xhaka have all made errors that have cost us goals/points last season.

TL:dr version I don’t think he’s a liability these days, the team has simply gotten worse and everyone is making more mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom